Theo Corbeanu

jordan

7 minutes ago, spitfire said:

Sorry and just to add my two cents. Theo is only 19 …he has a long way to go everyone has their own pathway. He could be inThe premier league or in league 1 next year no one can actually say. Unless u have a crystal ball…(From someone who has been through it) 

lets hope he kicks on with MK Dons and does really well. Then he licks himself for the nationals team. That’s the msg I’ve always told Liam… let your form do the talking. 

On a side note MK Dons lost probably their best player this season Matt Oreilly(a former Fulham teammate of Liam and Ryan Sessegnon of Tottenham) he was their most creative player and was their captain he went to Celtic this week… let’s see how MK Dons get on with Matt…

I think this is best for Canada. Theo will hopefully raise his stock over these 4 games and prove he deserves at least Championship Football next year. These 4 games are huge for him.

And players like Liam are able to get a few more minutes in these upcoming Canada games to make their mark nationally. And Liam really deserves it with his recent form.

Hopefully both Liam and Theo kill this next week of football and we have even more reason to be excited for Canadian football. 

I wanted Liam at Wolves years ago. Hopefully one day. 😅

Edited by Hawkguy

1 hour ago, narduch said:

I'm pretty sure Eustaquio isn't here yet because he tested positive for covid. 

Not remotely close to the Corbeanu situation. Which is all mostly speculation anyways 

But he also just signed for Porto. That's the second biggest club any player on our team is at after Bayern. Isn't that worthy of a game skip?

Would we be bending over backwards if Corbeanu was on loan at Braunschweig or Red Star 93 or some other third tier outside of England?

And just because I know I'll get flak from a certain poster for ripping on Millar in a heated gameday thread a few months ago.. I'm posting an image from another forum... It clearly doesn't mean I haven't always rated him very highly. I do.  He was the player I was most excited about a few years ago. 

Anyway, again this is good for our club both now and in the future. I'm sure if we experience a COVID outbreak, Theo would be on the first plane out. 

Screenshot_20220125-141532_(1).png

Edited by Hawkguy

52 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

MK Dons are fighting for promotion, they can go fuck themselves. 

Bruges are fighting for the Belgian league title and a Champions League spot. Basel the same in Switzerland. Cornelius' team trying to stay up in Greek top flight, he was playing Crete the day before he flew to Miami, Theo had direct flights from an airport down the road from him FFS. Larin and Hutch are struggling with the club trying to get back into European competition. Lille are struggling to make Europe too and are selling everyone else so risking David, and risking a 50 million euro transfer fee, that is not of their concern? Vitoria is barely above relegation and he may be on his last contract, if he gets injured in El Salvador his career is over. 

The English clubs have never treated Canada well, we can objectively say that the FA that has treated Canadian national team soccer the worst is the English FA, by far and hands down. 

If it is just Theo with a lack of clarity on what it means to represent us, then he's out. If it is something else, fine, I'm happy about it. But let's not wash it over. 

I guess I'm also teed off by the idiots on this board doing lineups and putting Theo ahead of Millar. It is embarrassing.

Wow. For someone who doesn't care to see Theo start, it sounds like you can't let his absence go with the harsh "He's out" and "Let's not wash it over" comments.

Also, I suggested a lineup. There are three games. It won't be the exact same lineup each game. In my view, Millar should start at some point this window. I am and have always been supportive of that. 

17 minutes ago, Califax said:

*jumps back in thread*

Did we kill him yet? 

Actually that is not our call. But he may have killed himself. 

Funny how we can speculate about Arfield turning down a Canada call, and that ended up how it did.

But we are not allowed to repeat exactly what Herdman says about the group, about being brothers and having each others' back, about the committment being primordial. Just because the kid is playing in England, I see no other reason for it. If anyone else had done this you'd be all over him.

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Actually that is not our call. But he may have killed himself. 

Funny how we can speculate about Arfield turning down a Canada call, and that ended up how it did.

But we are not allowed to repeat exactly what Herdman says about the group, about being brothers and having each others' back, about the committment being primordial. Just because the kid is playing in England, I see no other reason for it. If anyone else had done this you'd be all over him.

First of all, let's get one thing straight: I had to google 'primordial'. 😃

I've taken some heat for saying that all that 'brothers' is branding and just a nice media narrative thing. I don't buy it. This team is good cause they're talented. So I don't necessarily think it should factor into how we judge people here, unless it's on their talent. Or maybe if they're a huge asshole. 

I was actually fine with Arfield not coming from time to time. I thought the people calling for his exclusion were irrational. 

I'm less supportive of people who won't commit to playing for the team and wait for other options. I'll never really be big on Hoilett for that reason. 

This one doesn't bother me. I want to see him with us, but he's got stuff to do. 

2 hours ago, El Hombre said:

Buchanan.  Trying to break into the team and they've brought other reinforcements in that can play his position.

CB is in the hunt for the league title and plays the current leaders on Thursday.  Play another game and a cup game during the break.

Yup, Buchanan reppin' the flag HARD, gotta love the kid (like many others). I'm sure Tajon's club understands but I'm sure his club would have loved to have him stay.

I don't know the full Corbeanu story, so not going to comment. Wish he was here but I do wish him well getting minutes and performing at his club.  I'm glad Herdman commented on it the way he did. 

This thread is reminding me of those stock/NFT discord threads with lambo fanboys. 48 hours ago a bunch of people calling him to start this window, now bunch of people saying it's good he didn't come this window. None of us really know all the details, I don't expect us to either.

I think it's time we move on and just cheer for all Canadian lads.  

Edited by apbsmith

Guys we got to remember he iteraly jsut started playing with MK Dons 2 weeks ago. That puts him in a bad spot with his team still playing games thriugh the window. You do not want him to lose his spot because of that reason. If he was still on Sheffied, he would definitey come aong with him being at MK Dons longer.

I definitely was one who had him as a potential sub player, and I still think he should be with the squad. 
Not happy he turned down the call, considering what he could bring to the team in comparison to what’s in the squad. 

But like I said before, him turning down a call and the prospect to play in his home town is surprising. However his reasoning must be valid - too him! He hasn’t quit, or not showed up when called previously so give the kid the benefit of the doubt.

All this means is there will be a greater expectation/opportunities for other rotational guys like Millar, Ugbo to cement their place in the squad as a difference maker/ contributor. While also pushing Theo further away from a plane I ticket for 2022. 

I already said I think this will be Millars window. 

31 minutes ago, Canadamnt said:

Guys we got to remember he iteraly jsut started playing with MK Dons 2 weeks ago. That puts him in a bad spot with his team still playing games thriugh the window. You do not want him to lose his spot because of that reason. If he was still on Sheffied, he would definitey come aong with him being at MK Dons longer.

Furthermore, if Theo tore it up at Wednesday he's probably in Miami right now. 

It has to be something else then , because I just find it hard for a player to turn down a call up now that we are this close . From what I’ve seen of him he has the potential to be a very good player . If these clubs are putting pressure on him to not play with Canada then that is a very bad look . Let’s be realistic here apart from a few teams in the Championship anything below the Championship is your basic kick and run 100 mile an hour soccer , where if your a midfielder especially in the center of midfield the biggest part of your body that is sore after a game is your neck from watching the ball sail over you in the air for most of the game . Corbeanu from watching him in all his interviews looks like a guy who always wants to play for Canada at every calling . If things don’t work out for him in England and he is still in these lower leagues in two years I would get out of there and get myself to Belgium or a Switzerland. Look at Millar to me he looked a bit lost in these lower leagues in England and Scotland, but watching him play a few games in Switzerland he looks like a different player because he is playing in a league where they are actually playing soccer .

26 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

It has to be something else then , because I just find it hard for a player to turn down a call up now that we are this close . From what I’ve seen of him he has the potential to be a very good player . If these clubs are putting pressure on him to not play with Canada then that is a very bad look . Let’s be realistic here apart from a few teams in the Championship anything below the Championship is your basic kick and run 100 mile an hour soccer , where if your a midfielder especially in the center of midfield the biggest part of your body that is sore after a game is your neck from watching the ball sail over you in the air for most of the game . Corbeanu from watching him in all his interviews looks like a guy who always wants to play for Canada at every calling . If things don’t work out for him in England and he is still in these lower leagues in two years I would get out of there and get myself to Belgium or a Switzerland. Look at Millar to me he looked a bit lost in these lower leagues in England and Scotland, but watching him play a few games in Switzerland he looks like a different player because he is playing in a league where they are actually playing soccer .

That's exactly the point though. If he had of come to Canada (and likely to sit on the bench)... he'd have gone back to Dons and very likely been benched. He'd have missed, I believe 4 games. They're in a promotion run, he's starting right now.. if he leaves, he's out of the team and sitting on the bench. 

For him to get into a better league and develop... he needs this loan to go well. He was very good today, despite not finding the back of the net. However, his endless running tired their defenders and Dons is on the way to winning this game. 

If he continues this run of form, he'll be at least loaned to the Championship next season. Heck, the loan could just go on another season if Dons is the team promoted, they clearly like him already. If he came to Canada, sat on the bench and then returned to Dons to sit on the bench... he's not only pissed of Dons and Wolves, but he's probably cemented his spot for another League 1 loan next season. 

Now if he was going to play a bunch of Canada this window and still turned it down... that's a bit shocking. But I would think Corbeanu, who just switched to Canada, would have tallked things over with Herdman. 

Your post is kind of counter productive for him. You're telling him to come sit on the bench for Canada... but then saying the league he plays in is not good... but you want him to cripple of his chances of playing in a better league next season.

Edited by Hawkguy

Just to add my two cents to the pointless debates above...Even if it was a matter of staying with his new club (which it isn't), at 19 years old, Club > Country.  Your club is and has to be the #1 priority if you want to ensure long-term success and a regular place in the national team for years to come.  Wolves won't give a damn about a national call-up, they need him playing games so that he's in the best position to come back and contribute for them.  

Edited by Footyeh

25 minutes ago, scooterlawrence5 said:

Not participating in this window, and in all probability not playing for Canada in March as well, means Theo should focus on club soccer.  Making the roster for Qatar will prove to be very difficult for him otherwise.  This is a great problem for Herdman to have.

In my opinion he's already on the outside looking in for Qatar. His best bet to get on that Qatar 23-man roster is to crack the Wolves for next year and light up March and/or the Nations League this summer