Stefan Mitrovic

Blackjack15

1 minute ago, kacbru said:

And maybe he performed terribly during the tryouts.  We all have off days, where nothing seems to go right.  Who among us hasn't kicked a ball off their other leg accidently, conceding a corner in which you give up the tying goal at the end of the game?  May or may not be speaking from personal experience.

I once managed to botch a long pass and ended up hitting my own cross bar instead, while Stephen Hart was scouting the game no less lol

I do not blame the CPL one bit for missing out on a 16 year old kid.  COVID did decimate our Olympic Qualifying team so it was really a makeshift team from the start.  

Looking at the core midfield we utilized at that tournament. 

1) Baldisimo has regressed quite tremendously since then and will likely be at a level below MLS next season. 

2) Aidan Daniels moved from the USL Championship to CPL (I'll put my Canadian blinders on and call this a sideways move at best). 

3) Metcalfe regressed and is currently playing in 2nd Division Norway. 

Mitrovic on the other hand has done the opposite and now moved to Red Star and has been quite good so far this season.  Hindsight is always 20/20 though.

2 hours ago, Shway said:

He needs to play in all 3 games to be officially gone.

Its only a 2 match window.

They only called 27 players so wouldn't that mean he is on the edge of their WC squad?

Or are they possibly planning a cynical late sub cap in one Match? I believe if they do that he is tied for 2 years at least.

3 hours ago, trc2014 said:

Not four?  I know it’s basically irrelevant but just curious.

The wording is " fielded in no more than three matches" to switch federations.

Edit: 

and I read the "tie" as 3 years

"at least three years have passed since being fielded for his last match at “A” international level in any kind of football for his current association, whether in an official competition or nonofficial competition"

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, thehabsfan said:

As far as I can tell, he’s not even on the bench today.  He’ll probably get a couple minutes in their next game against Norway.

Aaaaa the dude started the game. Serbia is currently outclassing Sweden.

I think its to move this to the international forum.

The boy got what he wanted. 😔 

1 minute ago, phresh said:

Think you’re talking about the wrong Stefan Mitrovic.

You are correct. Lol. The Canadian Stefan Mitovic is on the bench per livescore.com.

There are 3 Mitrovices on the team and two Stefans. This over reaction was bound to happen. 😝