Adekugbe-----James-------------Henry-------Brault-Guillard

Gutierrez-------Cornelius--------Miller-------Cordova

Morgan---------Straith------------Vitoria------Godinho

deJong---------Edgar------------Jakovic------Laryea

----------------------------------Borjan

----------------------------------Crepeau

----------------------------------Leutwiler

----------------------------------Busti

Missing Verhoeven, who should be ahead of Camargo based off his call up to MNT.  These are almost impossible to do because you have so many guys who would slot in before each other at different positions if someone went down.  For instance, Hamilton is 3rd at CF there but in reality he is probably 7th or 8th because wingers would slot in for CF before him such as David, Millar, Akindele, Ricketts (I'd also have him behind AJH).

Also, I'd get Edwards, Hainault and Petrasso in there too.  I don't think I'd have Borges until he can prove himself with the U23s.

Edited by CanadaFan123

30 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Missing Verhoeven, who should be ahead of Camargo based off his call up to MNT.  These are almost impossible to do because you have so many guys who would slot in before each other at different positions if someone went down.  For instance, Hamilton is 3rd at CF there but in reality he is probably 7th or 8th because wingers would slot in for CF before him such as David, Millar, Akindele, Ricketts (I'd also have him behind AJH).

Also, I'd get Edwards, Hainault and Petrasso in there too.  I don't think I'd have Borges until he can prove himself with the U23s.

Camargo has 5 more goals than Verhoeven.

He leads the CPL with 5 goals.

Verhoeven likely has more possibilities for an international career, but on current form there's an argument to be made for Camargo over Verhoeven.

Edited by Obinna

9 hours ago, Northvansteve said:

Cornelius would be ahead of James at this point.

Agreed. I'm still not entirely sold on James as a starter. He definitely belongs in our best 18, but I am a little more comfortable with Henry and Cornelius to be honest. 

4 hours ago, jonovision said:

I'm not sure I'd say Hutchinson is a worse player than Piette at this stage of their respective careers, but Piette is absolutely a more effective DM than Hutch now, and at any point in the future. No idea about Eustaquio as I've never watched him play.

I'm not as comfortable with Piette being able to dribble/turn out of pressure as Hutchinson (or JDG and Bernier, for that matter).  I think quality* holding mids have that skill.  Piette is a great ball winner in front of the back line but at international level I'd think he'd be better as one of the 2 in a 4-2-3-1 as opposed to being a one man base holding mid.  And I emphasize international level here:  I'm sure people who watch him more closely at club level will disagree and point out his strengths in keeping possession under pressure but based on what I have seen most recently with the NT, I'm not as confident as I once was.

* I had to pay a royalty to Caldwell for use of that word in my post

Edited by BearcatSA

5 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

I'm not as comfortable with Piette being able to dribble/turn out of pressure as Hutchinson (or JDG and Bernier, for that matter).  I think quality* holding mids have that skill.  Piette is a great ball winner in front of the back line but at international level I'd think he'd be better as one of the 2 in a 4-2-3-1 as opposed to being a one man base holding mid.  And I emphasize international level here:  I'm sure people who watch him more closely at club level will disagree and point out his strengths in keeping possession under pressure but based on what I have seen most recently with the NT, I'm not as confident as I once was.

Piette is no starter for us.  He is the guy you throw out there with 15 minutes left to protect a lead (Herdman sees this as per the KJ podcast). As such, Piette is one of the most important members of the squad, and his success in his role will be crucial to us winning qualifying games.

9 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

Atiba is not as effective as Piette anymore.

I have to see Eustaquio play a few times before I make a judgement on where he sits.  

For now Piette is our most effective DM until I see someone else step into that role and win it.

No I’m sorry Your wrong hutch is way more effective. Also you should check out Eustaquio highlights, he’s a great players. 

9 hours ago, BrennanFan said:

Piette is no starter for us.  He is the guy you throw out there with 15 minutes left to protect a lead (Herdman sees this as per the KJ podcast). As such, Piette is one of the most important members of the squad, and his success in his role will be crucial to us winning qualifying games.

Too bad he didn't mean 45 minutes left

On 7/9/2019 at 3:42 PM, BrennanFan said:

Current 44 man post Gold Cup depth chart:

Davies--------------------------Cavallini----------------------------David

Hoilett----------------------------Larin-------------------------------Millar

Tabla--------------------------Hamilton---------------------------Akindele

Borges-----------------Jackson-Hamel-----------------------Ricketts

-----------------Osorio--------------------------------Arfield

------------------Kaye--------------------------------Johnson

-----------------Teibert-----------------------------Chapman

-----------Wotherspoon------------------------Camargo

---------------------------------Hutchinson

---------------------------------Eustaquio

-----------------------------------Piette

-----------------------------------Fraser

Adekugbe-----James-------------Henry-------Brault-Guillard

Gutierrez-------Cornelius--------Miller-------Cordova

Morgan---------Straith------------Vitoria------Godinho

deJong---------Edgar------------Jakovic------Laryea

----------------------------------Borjan

----------------------------------Crepeau

----------------------------------Leutwiler

----------------------------------Busti

Awesome list!

- I still can't believe I live in an era where Canada's only EPL player this year isn't in our projected starting 11.

- I'd put Kaye above Osorio

- Cornelius above James

- I believe Cordova can play LB, i'd probably put him ahead of Adekugbe if we play with 4 at the back.
- Can we drop Godinho lower please????

- With sadness, I also feel Hutch is not in the top 2 DM positions.  He's got the composure, but thats just about all thats left it seems.  I'd feel more comfortable with either Eustaquio and Piette above him at this point.  Unless it was just a bad tournament for Hutch. 
- Although i like the system, the more I look at it, the more i feel 4-3-3 doesn't favor our line-up.  If we go by value, our top 8 players are: Cavallini - David - Hoilett - Davies - Kaye - Eustaquio - Arfield and Osorio (believe it or not, Hutch's value is down to $400k!)  Given our best 8 are all outfield players, we need to bench some better players in order to field lesser value defencemen.  Benching anyone of these guys seems crazy to me, so would seem logical to try and get the most of them on the field as possible, which means playing a 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 in order to get at least 7 of them on the pitch.  Hoilett isn't the most responsible defensively, so he'd lose out in a wingback system.  Its not his natural position, but we've seen Arfield play on the right before; he can run, he's reponsible defensivey and good going forward.

---------Cavallini - David 
Davies - Osorio - Eustaquio - Kaye - Arfield  
 ----Cornelius - Henry - James

or

Hoilett - Cavallini - David 
Davies - Kaye - Eustaquio - Arfield  
Cornelius - Henry - James

19 hours ago, Corazon said:

Eustaquio if he returns fully fit is the player to take that role in front of the defenders.  Less of a "pitbull" as Piette but still not afraid to tackle.  Also much more composed and skillful.  Excellent distributor as well.

Kaye seems like a player that will make up for the ****housery in midfield.