Gold Cup - June 15th 2019 - Canada vs Martinique

apbsmith

Attacking wise, not bad but need better finishing.  Defensively.  Wow.

Poor Kaye definitely looks out of place today.  Unsure how Godinho made this squad.  Need Henry back immediately.

James, Cordova & Adekugbe anyone???

Edited by Corazon

1 minute ago, maplebanana said:

I have to resort to watching this on Univision in Spanish. I don't understand Spanish, but it certainly seems like the commentators are quite literally LOL'ing at our defensive blunders.

Our defensive mistakes are making me really nervous

No disrespect to our current defenders on the field.... 

We need Henry, James & ZBG out there, at least that's what it looks like right now for me.  I'll give the fellas a second half to re-group... I don't see our LB/RB pushing forward as much this half so we hold better shape.

Edited by apbsmith

Martinique has the population of Halifax. We have one of the best teams on paper we've ever had.

I know this may not be a popular opinion, but we should be pounding them right now. We need to rise to the occasion and play like the talent we have. I hope we will grow, but I certainly expect a better performance. I hope we can send a message in the second half.

3 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

We are Canada and we are up 1-0. Calm day down, we aren’t France.

Mexican commenters said our women team plays better defense... So you decide if our D has been embarassing or not, to be fair, our women play legit Defence. Hope the boys tighten the screws at the back 2nd half.

Edited by apbsmith

So far, unsurprisingly, Davies and David have been the best. MAK, Arfield, Hutchinson OK. Piette has been at the centre of everything so he won't be perfect but he's made a couple mistakes. Hoillet and Osorio have been off but they've been involved. Godinho's positioning is a tad suspect. Seen enough good stuff to still be optimistic.

5 minutes ago, Strait Red said:

Godinho is really struggling out there. ZBG will be vs. Mexico.

Fantastic finish by David

Borjan has saved our bacon numerous times,

need to tighten up at the back.

Really struggling really? Come on he is the new fall guy to shit on this team, micro analyzing every touch he makes , please!