Gold Cup - June 15th 2019 - Canada vs Martinique

apbsmith

1 minute ago, Lansdude said:

So far, unsurprisingly, Davies and David have been the best. MAK, Arfield, Hutchinson OK. Piette has been at the centre of everything so he won't be perfect but he's made a couple mistakes. Hoillet and Osorio have been off but they've been involved. Godinho's positioning is a tad suspect. Seen enough good stuff to still be optimistic.

Osorio off?  I thought he was very good.  Hoilett not great but he's almost always going to start.  I suspect one or both off in the 2nd half anyways.

Just now, SoccMan said:

Really struggling really? Come on he is the new fall guy to **** on this team, micro analyzing every touch he makes , please!

I’m not making him the fall guy, we are still up 1-0.

He did struggle in the first half. But it’s the first half of the first game, hopefully he improves in the second half. If not ZBG will be in there.

Relax and enjoy the game.

1 minute ago, SoccMan said:

Really struggling really? Come on he is the new fall guy to **** on this team, micro analyzing every touch he makes , please!

I think he's struggling.  Out of position and almost own goal first few minutes.  Poor back pass to Borjan.  Beat down the line that almost led to a goal.  Out of position on another player which I forget.

3 or 4 errors that led to chances.  With that being said, the same can be said for Kaye and even the CB's.

Just now, Corazon said:

Osorio off?  I thought he was very good.  Hoilett not great but he's almost always going to start.  I suspect one or both off in the 2nd half anyways.

Osorio has been good with his linking play so I'm not sure what people are expecting here.  Hoillet is more likely to be given the hook.

Godinho just looks like a guy who hasn't seen much game time lately. At times he's made some great runs going forward and cleared the ball beautifully off a defensive corner... at other times he could have done much better. 

Anyways let's go boys, end of day 1-0, let's put the pedal down.

1 minute ago, BearcatSA said:

Osorio has been good with his linking play so I'm not sure what people are expecting here.  Hoillet is more likely to be given the hook.

When we outlet through Osorio he tends to slow our attack down because he doesn't play balls into space. He will make good short passes but I find, like at TFC, he hasn't been good at "sending" guys.

5 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

Wow clinical finish. 

Good job David!

Piette haters go quiet after that amazing ball.

Then he comes up with another dumb give-away--he and Kaye, with Godinho, are way off pace and slow with the ball, flat footed and careless: I have been unfairly and madly screaming at stupid MLS for the way the two former are playing, for me not good enough. 

I cut Cornelius some slack because of his age and being the only natural defender of the bunch. Osorio has been fine.

3 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

I also don't really like David as CF, but if there was ever a guy who "just needs a couple chances"...  what a composed, clinical finisher!

If he plays his cards right, he can be this generation's Ali Gerba.

On another note, Hoilett has looked pretty off.

Ha, I won't even edit that.  He scored.  Suck it, dyslexic nam