Jump to content

OneSoccer


Foreen
 Share

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, Kent said:

I see several games from yesterday listed with "Watch Now" plastered on top. I clicked the Guatemala vs Antigua game just to test it out, and it took me to a live game (Martinique vs Trinidad). I tried another game and got the same thing.

As for where to find them, they don't show up in the "Replays" section of the website. They only seem to be on the homepage attached to the right side of the video player. You can scroll up and down it. That is all on the desktop. I seem to have found the games on the home page on the iPhone app as well, but they are having the same time (right now watching some filler programming because it's half time in the live game, rather than it showing me the game I selected).

Yes, its absolute garbage at the moment. Like stepping back in time just without Panamanian announcers and Chinese popups.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I sent onesoccer a message yesterday morning around 7am asking when the game will be available and why does it take so long to make the game available. I still haven't gotten a response from my email (I'm sure twitter is more effective, but I'm not on twitter). I checked back several times in the morning and I believe right before the York 9 game. I ended up so frustrated that I resigned myself to potentially have the result spoiled, because I needed to make use of my Sunday to get through a big backlog of a big soccer weekend. I had the York 9 game to watch, and the TFC game to watch as well. I ended up finding the replay at 8pm last night and watching the game. Luckily the York 9 and TFC broadcasts didn't spoil the result for me. But I was annoyed through the whole York 9 game about it not being the game I wanted to be watching yet. Very distracted.

This better be fixed by next CPL season at the latest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sting said:

What drives me nuts, is that when you ask them a question through e-mail or twitter, they never reply.

I got a response to my email... but it took 24 hours. By then had finally put up the Canada vs Cuba game and told me that the game is "already" available. I really don't understand why it's not instant. The video is already on their servers because they streamed it. What takes so long to make it available for replay?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ansem said:

 

I guess we should be cheering for Mexico in this one so that when we inevitably beat them in the Nations League championship it will be worth more ranking points. Right? That's how World Cup Qualifying works now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Did anyone watch the Women's La Liga match last Saturday, and any comments on the broadcast? They say it was a hard fought 0-1 win for At Madrid and maybe not the most attractive match of the weekend.

I saw parts of the first half. Given At Madrid is far and away the superior team on paper and was playing against a bottom rung team from last season, they didn't look like it. They weren't dominating at all. So, it was a listless first half with minimal clear chances.

As I have seen with nearly all Tier 2 stadiums in Spain, Huevla's stadium looked good. It looked like it is in the middle of nowhere though. Atmosphere was sorta like Valour's. Nobody on camera side on the pitch. But the crowd that was there was into the match like a real football crowd vs the screaming girls you hear at US women matches.

Production was not fancy but solid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, red card said:

I saw parts of the first half. Given At Madrid is far and away the superior team on paper and was playing against a bottom rung team from last season, they didn't look like it. They weren't dominating at all. So, it was a listless first half with minimal clear chances.

As I have seen with nearly all Tier 2 stadiums in Spain, Huevla's stadium looked good. It looked like it is in the middle of nowhere though. Atmosphere was sorta like Valour's. Nobody on camera side on the pitch. But the crowd that was there was into the match like a real football crowd vs the screaming girls you hear at US women matches.

Production was not fancy but solid.

Thanks so much. How was the commentary, one person in English then? 

About the stadium, have to say: Recreativo de Huelva is the oldest football team in Spain, it is the founding club. Also the oldest on the Iberian penninsula to be continually active. It was started by Englishmen in the area, I think working on the Rio Tinto mines. But maybe also in the sherry business. So it is a noble stadium, it is near the old Rio Tinto Mine dock near the river, and they have a respectable fan base, so it's a shame the men's team is in fact in 3rd tier, a classic mess.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Kent said:

I got a response to my email... but it took 24 hours. By then had finally put up the Canada vs Cuba game and told me that the game is "already" available. I really don't understand why it's not instant. The video is already on their servers because they streamed it. What takes so long to make it available for replay?

They have yet to put any of the other games up. They advertised that they would have every game live or on demand. Yet some have never been shown live or on demand and they have yet to reply after many days to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve hooked up my iPhone to my tv using an AV digital adapter that is plugged into a HDMI cable . I watch games on DAZN like this and have no problems. But when I watch OneSoccer like this the picture freezes after like a few minutes on my TV it never freezes when I’m watching on my phone when it’s not hooked up to the TV. I’ve noticed when my phone is hooked up to the TV when the screen on my phone goes black the game on my tv freezes.This doesn’t happen when watching the DAZN, even when my phone screen goes black when watching DAZN the game does not freeze it keeps working but not with one soccer. Anyone know what the problem might be ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Thanks so much. How was the commentary, one person in English then? 

About the stadium, have to say: Recreativo de Huelva is the oldest football team in Spain, it is the founding club. Also the oldest on the Iberian penninsula to be continually active. It was started by Englishmen in the area, I think working on the Rio Tinto mines. But maybe also in the sherry business. So it is a noble stadium, it is near the old Rio Tinto Mine dock near the river, and they have a respectable fan base, so it's a shame the men's team is in fact in 3rd tier, a classic mess.

I shouldn't have forgotten the commentary - that was the worst part. He said Huelva didn't provide their lineup till just before the match. So, he was quiet at times in the first 15 mins as if he was memorizing Huelva's lineup sheet. It took him past 30 mins before he started saying players' names regularly.

Otherwise, he was boring. Said the match time way too often as if he was calling it on radio. Not sure of his background as he pronounced the stadiums name in full Spanish glory many times but spoke a non-accented English.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, red card said:

I shouldn't have forgotten the commentary - that was the worst part. He said Huelva didn't provide their lineup till just before the match. So, he was quiet at times in the first 15 mins as if he was memorizing Huelva's lineup sheet. It took him past 30 mins before he started saying players' names regularly.

Otherwise, he was boring. Said the match time way too often as if he was calling it on radio. Not sure of his background as he pronounced the stadiums name in full Spanish glory many times but spoke a non-accented English.

Well thanks so much, interesting. 

Teams are required to supply the reffing team with full lineups well before a match. If the guy did not get the names, that was on MediaPro. Since they were broadcasting in Spain, there should have been no excuse. 

Thanks for the take on that, interesting to hear. I'll tune in some week.

Edit: just an update, there is quite a mess in Spanish women's football as there is an all out war for tv rights. While 13 of 16 Primera teams signed with Mediapro and 3 did not, now other teams are not letting Mediapro crews into their stadiums. This is after having signed with them and also received funds for the deal: last Sunday it was Madrid CFF that stopped them, and Sevilla is planning on the same. Basically, the Spanish federation is intervening to break the Mediapro agreement and handle the rights themselves. So I am not sure that OneSoccer will be able to find a match to broadcast every weekend as promised if they keep on the infighting.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So...Missed the match but I am back after coaching youth soccer...a diehard supporter here with a subscription to onesoccer. The posted schedule says the replay is on at 6:45 PST and here there is no game to be found. So frustrating. How do they expect to convert casual soccer fans when even people like me are ready to launch a remote through the window?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, nolando said:

So...Missed the match but I am back after coaching youth soccer...a diehard supporter here with a subscription to onesoccer. The posted schedule says the replay is on at 6:45 PST and here there is no game to be found. So frustrating. How do they expect to convert casual soccer fans when even people like me are ready to launch a remote through the window?

Great....more Mexico....just what I was looking for.... thanks!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Am I the only one who gets choppy audio during games? I'm currently watching HFX-Forge and the commentator's voice is all choppy. Almost like he's speaking into a fan but worse

Getting the same issue right now but can't say I've experienced it before. Its not just the commentator, its also the audio of the game sound. Had to mute it

 

Edit: smoothed out now

Edited by Pottsy3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking ahead to the L1O Men's Championship Friday night.  

Just watched the Canadian Championship game on OneSoccer.  They had the whole post game ceremony--medals, trophies, interviews after the game (the L1O Women's Final had at 93 minutes "Looks like FC London wins and goodnight folks" even though all that stuff was filmed).   Tonight seeing the stadium with the 250 Montreal fans who stayed behind at BMO to cheer after the game ended, the L1O post game could rival that in excitement and numbers.  

However OneSoccer doesn't have the game in their schedule.  Rerun of the Sept 22nd Cavalry vs Pacific game.  When will they update?  30 minutes before game time?  L1O bent over backwards not playing on Saturday because of OneSoccer holding three CPL games.  Game time could be tough on FC London fans getting here +200km away through rush hour GTA traffic.  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...