Tajon Buchanan

nolando

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the game v Antwerp. Brugge using a back 4 with Tajon at RB and Olsen playing as a wide  forward. Was very responsible defensively and his coach has obviously asked him to focus on defence first. He does move up the flank but is selective. In addition to his assist, he had a great solo run early in the 2nd half  through the middle from his own third and his shot was just wide of the far post. Would prefer if he was played further up or even at WB,  but he has really upped the defensive part of his game. 

7 minutes ago, narduch said:

Weird as I read recently that they are working on a new contract for Dumfries 

Would make sense if they want to transfer him, no? If his deal is expiring soon he could just walk. I’m surprised that his name keeps coming up with Inter- if it was a load of hot air, you’d think they’d keep changing the rumoured player since it’s not like TB is a household name or anything.

Related, but looking at a snapshot of his season so far, he looks like he’s having a career year and could actually break out to a higher level this year. In all comps he’s played 10 games, scored 3 goals, 2 assists, all from RB- he’s more than doubled his total goals with Brugge just this season. Don’t look now, but he’s tied for most goals in Europe by a Canadian this year. Thought it was funny that Jonathan David has played 10 league games, scored 2 goals and one assist, and added another Europa conference goal. Tajon has played 8 league games, has 2 goals and one assist himself, added another goal in Europa conference. Tajon also added another assist in Europa, so slight edge I guess, and yeah it’s a weaker league, but I was so surprised to see such similar stat lines.

30 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

Again, not in the lineup for Club Brugge vs Union Saint-Gilloise.

He also didn't dress for the cup game vs Beerschot midweek. 

Don't know if this has to do with the Inter rumours.

when does the transfer window open?  Seems odd he would be sidelined due to transfer speculation unless a move was imminent.

12 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

when does the transfer window open?  Seems odd he would be sidelined due to transfer speculation unless a move was imminent.

Maybe they'll announce the transfer soon, but he'll only join in January. 

Edit: Also, it opens in Italy on Jan. 2. 

chrome_screenshot_Nov. 5, 2023 12_34_38 p.m. EST.png

Edited by DeRo_Is_King
Added an image.

• 2 weeks later...

I am really curious as to how he is used tomorrow and how he performs.  His last start was in the NL semi final in June and he was policed quite effectively by Panama during his time on the pitch.  However, his last start vs Jamaica was the WC qualification clinching match and he had plenty of joy against Javain Brown that day, so hopefully he can make some things happen without trying to over do it.