Tajon Buchanan

nolando

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

I am more of a Turtles guy than a transformers guy, if I had to choose, but the latter looks far better on a soccer jersey.

Turtles on a jersey doesn't work at all, at least like that. Just looks like something you'd see in a random kids league somewhere. 

We do these special edition Spotify shirts at Barça for this or that band and they all look terrible, it's the same sort of thing. I find it hard to believe that's a successful marketing ploy.

13 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

What a nightmare. 

I can't wait to get the Joe Rogan Spotify Barcelona shirt.

It would just be a rip off that Inter kit Tajon is wearing, except with Joe's face.

8 hours ago, Obinna said:

I am more of a Turtles guy than a transformers guy, if I had to choose, but the latter looks far better on a soccer jersey.

Turtles on a jersey doesn't work at all, at least like that. Just looks like something you'd see in a random kids league somewhere. 

Movies: Turtles
Shows: Transformers
Toys: Transformers
Videogames: Turtles
Soccer jerseys: Transformers

1 minute ago, Kadenge said:

Didn't know he lost his father who would have been only 50 this yr. I presume it happened some yrs ago?

When he was a young boy, around 6 or something IIRC. There is a TSN mini doc where he talks about it and says he remembers his Dad, even though he was very young.

31 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Speaking of Tajon, he went unused today as Inter won 2-1. Oh well, life at a big club.

He'll get his chance in due course.

Seems like they were nervous at 2-1, when even with a draw they'd be 13 points ahead of Inter with a dozen games left. But I guess that is good. Now it is 15 points, they are running away with it.

They did some squad management today, I suppose preparing for the CL match in Madrid. 

3 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Seems like they were nervous at 2-1, when even with a draw they'd be 13 points ahead of Inter with a dozen games left. But I guess that is good. Now it is 15 points, they are running away with it.

They did some squad management today, I suppose preparing for the CL match in Madrid. 

I noticed the young German CB Bisseck, not yet a full German international, but with caps at the U17, U18, U19 and U21 levels, got into the game today.

He seems to be in the same boat as Tajon, which is to say he's slowly getting integrated and is one for the future. Seems to only play every 2 or 3 games, again like Tajon. He has 11 appearances on the year.

Him and Tajon will be part of the new generation, perhaps. For now they will be used sparingly. 

2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I noticed the young German CB Bisseck, not yet a full German international, but with caps at the U17, U18, U19 and U21 levels, got into the game today.

He seems to be in the same boat as Tajon, which is to say he's slowly getting integrated and is one for the future. Seems to only play every 2 or 3 games, again like Tajon. He has 11 appearances on the year.

Him and Tajon will be part of the new generation, perhaps. For now they will be used sparingly. 

Was looking at Bryan Zaragoza the new signing at Bayern, and only chasing vs. Bochum a few weeks back they gave him a few minutes, one appearance. And Bayern has needed attackers and they haven't relied on him except that day. So there are clubs that are worse. Bayern signed Marc Roca from Espanyol a few years ago, as a sub for Kimmich, and buried him, I am sure no one has heard of him. Even Davies was hard for minutes until injuries gave him an opportunity. 

Just saying, it could be worse. Inzaghi is doing a pretty good job with a very deep squad spreading around the minutes. 

21 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Not really. The changes were forced changes. Bastoni suspended, Calhanoglu injured, Thuram and Acerbi just coming back from injury. The rest of the first choice lineup all started.

1 minute ago, masster said:

Not really. The changes were forced changes. Bastoni suspended, Calhanoglu injured, Thuram and Acerbi just coming back from injury. The rest of the first choice lineup all started.

Thanks for that. Didn't realize Thuram was injured. 

Since Tajon subbed in for Bastoni that one game, who got the call for the spot instead and why?

5 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Thanks for that. Didn't realize Thuram was injured. 

Since Tajon subbed in for Bastoni that one game, who got the call for the spot instead and why?

augusto. 

he can play cb. The match that tajon subbed for bastoni saw augusto go from lwb to CB and then tajon take augosto spot at LWB.  

Buchanan and bastoni are not like for like replacements. 

37 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

augusto. 

he can play cb. The match that tajon subbed for bastoni saw augusto go from lwb to CB and then tajon take augosto spot at LWB.  

Buchanan and bastoni are not like for like replacements. 

And I think today it worked the opposite - Bisseck subbed on for one of the wingers and Augusto moved from CB to lwb.