Kamron Habibullah

Yoginess

1 hour ago, Macksam said:

Hopefully he starts. Cavallini needs somebody to play with. 

I’d imagine that’s coming, Djamone and Cav uptop was very nice, Caicedo on the Right.

only issue is what they do with Ali, but they’ve always been high on Kam, it didn’t take long for him to get into the roster once signed and I’d imagine Campagna isn’t far behind.

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

I’d imagine that’s coming, Djamone and Cav uptop was very nice, Caicedo on the Right.

only issue is what they do with Ali, but they’ve always been high on Kam, it didn’t take long for him to get into the roster once signed and I’d imagine Campagna isn’t far behind.

holy shit!

I didn't know he was still on the roster!

3 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

I think Ali will be on his way out sooner rather than later, not sure its much of a secret amongst the group that he isn't happy with the club.  

Campagna will struggle to get near the roster IMO, not the time to throw him in the deep end and he's not ready.  Will be good for him to get experience in the first team environment over the coming months and maybe get a loan to Europe for the fall given his passport.  Given he's going into his U18 year, he could go on loan to the right team in the right league and in the perfect world maybe get bought before he ever see's a minute for Caps.  

2 hours ago, Footyeh said:

Campagna will struggle to get near the roster IMO, not the time to throw him in the deep end and he's not ready.  Will be good for him to get experience in the first team environment over the coming months and maybe get a loan to Europe for the fall given his passport.

I know very little about the player but Pacific now need some defensive cover after being hit by injuries. If he has a European passport maybe we could count him as an international considering that's all we have space for. Brining in players from abroad has proven to be difficult given Covid restrictions

Edited by Aird25

3 hours ago, Aird25 said:

I know very little about the player but Pacific now need some defensive cover after being hit by injuries. If he has a European passport maybe we could count him as an international considering that's all we have space for. Brining in players from abroad has proven to be difficult given Covid restrictions

I believe Glasscity has reported that the relationship between the Caps and Pacific is non existent at best.

39 minutes ago, maccaliam said:

Ideal really. (Yes that’s sarcasm as that doesn’t help anyone). 

I don’t think they’ve taken kindly to the competitor for fans and $$, I think they took an academy product or 2. 

Id imagine they were one of the Can PL teams that chased Kam, probably some others and will eventually steal one of the academy kids.

this is pure speculation on my part. 

19 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

I believe Glasscity has reported that the relationship between the Caps and Pacific is non existent at best.

Didn’t the clubs train together this offseason? A good chunk of Pacific’s roster and management has experience with Whitecaps. The teams have never even played each other. Animosity just doesn’t make much sense to me, and it’s gotta be considerably easier to move players within BC than anywhere else in the world right now 

On 5/5/2021 at 11:59 PM, Aird25 said:

Didn’t the clubs train together this offseason? A good chunk of Pacific’s roster and management has experience with Whitecaps. The teams have never even played each other. Animosity just doesn’t make much sense to me, and it’s gotta be considerably easier to move players within BC than anywhere else in the world right now 

I think the cold shoulder must come from the Caps, mostly. For a few reasons, which combine with each other:

-the owners of PFC openly showing interest for a Greater Vancouver team.

-weaker crowds for the Whitecaps in recent years, coupled with mediocre results.

-Canadian content as a narrrative

We even heard rumours that the Caps lobbied against a CPL team in the Fraser Valley.

I personally feel that if the Whitecaps have a winning record, and are playing a reasonable number of Canadians, as well as moving some of that talent on to higher places, they have nothing to fear from a CPL team drawing 6000 in Surrey.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I think the cold shoulder must come from the Caps, mostly. For a few reasons, which combine with each other:

-the owners of PFC openly showing interest for a Greater Vancouver team.

-weaker crowds for the Whitecaps in recent years, coupled with mediocre results.

-Canadian content as a narrrative

We even heard rumours that the Caps lobbied against a CPL team in the Fraser Valley.

I personally feel that if the Whitecaps have a winning record, and are playing a reasonable number of Canadians, as well as moving some of that talent on to higher places, they have nothing to fear from a CPL team drawing 6000 in Surrey.

The lack of loans to CPL is odd to me, but I still feel the animosity is fabricated. It just doesn't make sense to me. I don't think Pacific is negatively influencing interest in the Caps, and with the salary discrepancies as they currently are, MLS teams can simply pluck the best players from CPL

Just watched a few minutes starting when Kam  subbed in. He clearly has the skill to play at this level.  Seems able to peel away from pressure easily. Shifty on the ball. Just needs to continue to get minutes. He will get stronger and that will help him with the pysical challenges in the middle of the field. SKC are solid, so it was a good test for him and from the minutes I watched he played well.

He has to get stronger and use his body better to keep possesion or draw fouls.  The SKC guys got the ball off of him far too easily a few times and he kept raising his hands in the air looking for a foul that clearly wasn't there.  However, I might play him ahead of Raposo on the wing if we are trying to create goal scoring chances.

Edited by BearcatSA

1 minute ago, BearcatSA said:

He has to get stronger and use his body better to keep possesion or draw fouls.  The SKC guys got the ball off of him far too easily a few times and he kept raising his hands in the air looking for a foul that clearly wasn't there.  However, I might play ahead of Raposo on the wing if we are trying to create goal scoring chances.

Pretty similar comments to what we heard with Jahkele recently.  It is probably just the reality of being a teenage kid playing among men who may not have the same ceiling but who are physically stronger and a lot more experienced.  

56 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

He has to get stronger and use his body better to keep possesion or draw fouls.  The SKC guys got the ball off of him far too easily a few times and he kept raising his hands in the air looking for a foul that clearly wasn't there.  However, I might play him ahead of Raposo on the wing if we are trying to create goal scoring chances.

I'd hope that we'd be looking to create goal scoring chances all the time and not just with particular players!😄

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

Pretty similar comments to what we heard with Jahkele recently.  It is probably just the reality of being a teenage kid playing among men who may not have the same ceiling but who are physically stronger and a lot more experienced.  

The reason why Vancouver didn’t sign him sooner was that he wasn’t physically ready yet. Took awhile, but he’s going to get there, same with Rutty.

1 hour ago, Footyeh said:

I'd hope that we'd be looking to create goal scoring chances all the time and not just with particular players!😄

Of course! 🙂  Mind you, perhaps he will be surpassing Raposo in all situations sooner than later.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Anyone know what is up with him? He hasn't featured in any of the Caps pre-season games, whereas some of his lesser-known U23 teammates have. I'm assuming it is an injury, but with the Caps record of burying young players you never know.  Is he going to be another that regrets signing an MLS deal?