Kamron Habibullah

Yoginess

1 minute ago, SthMelbRed said:

Let's fucking hope so! 

I believe the reason he hasn’t been promoted earlier is the same deal as Colyn, not physically ready. 

He’s skilled, smart, quick, but smaller guy and not the strongest. Even if he isn’t a 10, I don’t think with this kind of player that parking the bus will work against us going forward.

1 minute ago, Dominic94 said:

I believe the reason he hasn’t been promoted earlier is the same deal as Colyn, not physically ready. 

He’s skilled, smart, quick, but smaller guy and not the strongest. Even if he isn’t a 10, I don’t think with this kind of player that parking the bus will work against us going forward.

I watched the Whitecaps' U23 team play a friendly against a Conference South (or whatever that league's calling itself now) team a couple of years ago. Kam Habibullah was an undersized 15-year old, but absolutely dazzled playing against grizzled veterans. I've had a boner for him (purely in a football sense) ever since. Speaking to Nik Dasovic after the game, even he couldn't stop raving about the young man. I can't wait to see him in the 'Caps first team.

On another note, Metcalf was also a standout for the 'Caps team that day. I'm glad to hear that he's also done well over the 3 Olympic qualification matches this week.

4 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

I watched the Whitecaps' U23 team play a friendly against a Conference South (or whatever that league's calling itself now) team a couple of years ago. Kam Habibullah was an undersized 15-year old, but absolutely dazzled playing against grizzled veterans. I've had a boner for him (purely in a football sense) ever since. Speaking to Nik Dasovic after the game, even he couldn't stop raving about the young man. I can't wait to see him in the 'Caps first team.

On another note, Metcalf was also a standout for the 'Caps team that day. I'm glad to hear that he's also done well over the 3 Olympic qualification matches this week.

Everything I’ve heard about Kam since the Caps sold Davies is that they rated him 5 stars and saw him as their next one, but he’s got a different profile which is fair as Davies physically is a freak of nature compared to everyone else which explains why he could handle pro at 15.

3 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Everything I’ve heard about Kam since the Caps sold Davies is that they rated him 5 stars and saw him as their next one, but he’s got a different profile which is fair as Davies physically is a freak of nature compared to everyone else which explains why he could handle pro at 15.

As much as you could see that Kam was an unbelievable talent as a 15-year old, it was also clear that he didn't have the physique to play full-time, professional football at that time. I really hope that the intervening 2 years have allowed him to do so, now.

9 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

As much as you could see that Kam was an unbelievable talent as a 15-year old, it was also clear that he didn't have the physique to play full-time, professional football at that time. I really hope that the intervening 2 years have allowed him to do so, now.

I do hope they play him, they’ve gotten younger but we didn’t really see much of their youth period last year.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/23/2021 at 5:05 PM, Big_M said:

so probably eligible for uzbekistan and afghanistan also..both not unrealistic so will be interesting to see what happens

That would be a shocker to me if he played for one of those countries. We are better than both and he has been in Canada since 2005. Unless he isn’t on the team in a few years and thinks he won’t ever make it, then maybe he’ll switch. Or if he is sold to a team in Asia or something maybe.

1 hour ago, archer21 said:

That would be a shocker to me if he played for one of those countries. We are better than both and he has been in Canada since 2005. Unless he isn’t on the team in a few years and thinks he won’t ever make it, then maybe he’ll switch. Or if he is sold to a team in Asia or something maybe.

I don't know if we're actually that much better than Uzbekistan. They're a regular at the AFC Asian Cup, are usually competitive and if things had swung their way a bit more they'd have been at a World Cup by now.

1 hour ago, VinceA said:

I don't know if we're actually that much better than Uzbekistan. They're a regular at the AFC Asian Cup, are usually competitive and if things had swung their way a bit more they'd have been at a World Cup by now.

I’m mostly basing that off FIFA rankings and projection for the future. We’re already ahead of them in ranking and I expect us to move up drastically in the next few years because our talent far exceeds our ranking. I don’t see much reason that they’re ranked too low. They have 1 player in Serie A but other than that, I don’t think they’re really on our level.

6 hours ago, VinceA said:

I've seen Uzbekistan play against Australia on more than one occasion. We're better than them. No question.