Kamron Habibullah

Yoginess

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, VinceA said:

This is great. The kid had big expectations not that long ago, but we haven’t really seen or heard from him lately. Hopefully he can be a prominent player at Pacific and earn himself minutes in MLS next season or a move elsewhere. 

38 minutes ago, archer21 said:

This is great. The kid had big expectations not that long ago, but we haven’t really seen or heard from him lately. Hopefully he can be a prominent player at Pacific and earn himself minutes in MLS next season or a move elsewhere. 

Think he’s been slow to grow physically, kid was seen on Rutty’s level before we knew of Rutty.

8 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Think he’s been slow to grow physically, kid was seen on Rutty’s level before we knew of Rutty.

You clearly haven't seen him recently then lol!

One gets opportunities, attention, spotlight from his club, the other.... well, he plays for Whitecaps.  Looked more than capable in his brief appearances last season, can see on the training ground just how well liked and trusted he is by the players.  It's a shame but the situation isn't that other young players have all of a sudden leaped him in the pecking order.. as long as Vanni's around, I don't think he'll ever play for Whitecaps.

Looking forward to see him and JMR together in the U20's, both key guys for Olivieri last time around and will certainly be focal points of the team.

Edited by Footyeh

12 minutes ago, Footyeh said:

You clearly haven't seen him recently then lol!

One gets opportunities, attention, spotlight from his club, the other.... well, he plays for Whitecaps.  Looked more than capable in his brief appearances last season, can see on the training ground just how well liked and trusted he is by the players.  It's a shame but the situation isn't that other young players have all of a sudden leaped him in the pecking order.. as long as Vanni's around, I don't think he'll ever play for Whitecaps.

Looking forward to see him and JMR together in the U20's, both key guys for Olivieri last time around and will certainly be focal points of the team.

You think Vanni doesn’t trust him ?

i personally thought Kam should have played more last year but can’t say I know much sadly.

3 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

You think Vanni doesn’t trust him ?

i personally thought Kam should have played more last year but can’t say I know much sadly.

Been told there is some issues between the two dating back to the academy.  Habibullah was referenced several times to other players/parents as "someone he was going to release from the academy before his big performances in preseason last year"

1 hour ago, Footyeh said:

Been told there is some issues between the two dating back to the academy.  Habibullah was referenced several times to other players/parents as "someone he was going to release from the academy before his big performances in preseason last year"

No way VWFC would allow that ever, they saw him as a 5 star prospect. I don’t get why Kam signed there though, should have gone to Europe.

12 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

No way VWFC would allow that ever, they saw him as a 5 star prospect. I don’t get why Kam signed there though, should have gone to Europe.

Crazy isn't it.  I would have taken Europe over Whitecaps but can't fault the kid for wanting to play for his hometown/MLS

I didn't know about any issues between Kam and Vanni, but I didn't hold his lack of time under Vanni against the manager. Most of those games were close, and the team were on a great run of results. However, MDS refusing to give him minutes off the bench when games were done after 60 minutes was the surest sign of incompetence you'll see from that fuckwit. What's the point of burning your subs making like-for-like changes at fullback in the 75th minute when you can use those minutes for a young player to grow and learn in a first-team environment. Fuck that guy!

3 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

I didn't know about any issues between Kam and Vanni, but I didn't hold his lack of time under Vanni against the manager. Most of those games were close, and the team were on a great run of results. However, MDS refusing to give him minutes off the bench when games were done after 60 minutes was the surest sign of incompetence you'll see from that fuckwit. What's the point of burning your subs making like-for-like changes at fullback in the 75th minute when you can use those minutes for a young player to grow and learn in a first-team environment. Fuck that guy!

I'm not going to disagree at all with your philosophy on giving kids a chance when the game is done.  But specifically with Kam, my understanding is that they wanted to see more out of him in between games while playing for the U23 team, and he just...wasn't showing anything.  I got out to their game against Tigers, and he was just invisible, a really disappointing effort.  So, I'm glad he's getting his chance at Pacific this year, but maybe he also needed a bit more of a kick in the ass to get going as well.  Hope he does well and comes back to the Whitecaps next year ready to take the next step.

11 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

I'm not going to disagree at all with your philosophy on giving kids a chance when the game is done.  But specifically with Kam, my understanding is that they wanted to see more out of him in between games while playing for the U23 team, and he just...wasn't showing anything.  I got out to their game against Tigers, and he was just invisible, a really disappointing effort.  So, I'm glad he's getting his chance at Pacific this year, but maybe he also needed a bit more of a kick in the ass to get going as well.  Hope he does well and comes back to the Whitecaps next year ready to take the next step.

He's such a talent that everybody involved with the 'Caps these last couple of years should hang their heads in shame if he doesn't realise his potential.

6 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

He's such a talent that everybody involved with the 'Caps these last couple of years should hang their heads in shame if he doesn't realise his potential.

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but while the Caps might bear some of the blame for his development, one must acknowledge that he has a responsibility to do the things to become successful, too. Not saying that he isn't doing that, but one cannot blame the club alone--or the player--without evidence that one or the other (or both) are culpable.

Lots of promising players never realize their potential. Balou comes to mind. I hope Kam find huge success.

I personally think Vancouver is the worst club in the entire league from top to bottom from front office down to academy staff.  Sorry for the long post and maybe what will sound like a bias take.  For the sake of this thread, I'll focus on Habibullah.  The kid has been impressing for years at every level, recognized by the MLS, Adidas, Canada Soccer and still had to wait to get his contract probably longer than what any other club in the league would have made him wait.  Finally gets it, impresses in his cameo's, fan's get excited and then never gets another chance (can understand MDS's position of fighting for his job but still).  They do media on him at the end of the year spotlighting his first year and setting the tone for a impactful second season.  Fast-forward to now, for the coach to leave him out of preseason yet take other academy kids is a joke and just personal.  This is a kid who's been training with the first team already for 3 years.  On top of that, for the club to go out and sign another unproven South American kid around the same age as him and the other homegrowns, who earns 5 times the amount they do, who's job could be done by a player like Habibullah tells you all you need to know about the club.  

Montreal started how many homegrowns in the recent cup match?  Toronto started 4 homegrowns in the opener?  Philadelphia played 3 2003's?  DC United started a 2003 Homegrown at the #10 position in the opener who's much smaller and less physically developed than Habibullah.  Sounders started a 2005 in CM.  All these teams are better than Whitecaps.  They can't keep living off the hype of Alphonso Davies, even he doesn't acknowledge the club anymore.

3 hours ago, Footyeh said:

I personally think Vancouver is the worst club in the entire league from top to bottom from front office down to academy staff.  Sorry for the long post and maybe what will sound like a bias take.  For the sake of this thread, I'll focus on Habibullah.  The kid has been impressing for years at every level, recognized by the MLS, Adidas, Canada Soccer and still had to wait to get his contract probably longer than what any other club in the league would have made him wait.  Finally gets it, impresses in his cameo's, fan's get excited and then never gets another chance (can understand MDS's position of fighting for his job but still).  They do media on him at the end of the year spotlighting his first year and setting the tone for a impactful second season.  Fast-forward to now, for the coach to leave him out of preseason yet take other academy kids is a joke and just personal.  This is a kid who's been training with the first team already for 3 years.  On top of that, for the club to go out and sign another unproven South American kid around the same age as him and the other homegrowns, who earns 5 times the amount they do, who's job could be done by a player like Habibullah tells you all you need to know about the club.  

Montreal started how many homegrowns in the recent cup match?  Toronto started 4 homegrowns in the opener?  Philadelphia played 3 2003's?  DC United started a 2003 Homegrown at the #10 position in the opener who's much smaller and less physically developed than Habibullah.  Sounders started a 2005 in CM.  All these teams are better than Whitecaps.  They can't keep living off the hype of Alphonso Davies, even he doesn't acknowledge the club anymore.

Will add that the clubs track record for recent homegrowns is brutal.

Vancouver have been trash at developing players for ages.

I forget who but someone from TopDrawerSoccer mentioned that VWFC, signed Bustos, didn't give him any chances or put in a place to succeed, and then once they pummeled his potential, cut him.

They've done that a lot with players. 

2 hours ago, VinceA said:

Vancouver have been trash at developing players for ages.

I forget who but someone from TopDrawerSoccer mentioned that VWFC, signed Bustos, didn't give him any chances or put in a place to succeed, and then once they pummeled his potential, cut him.

They've done that a lot with players. 

Pecile and Facchineri were signed and not given a look…they have players with talent but man…

• 2 weeks later...