Kamron Habibullah

Yoginess

• 1 month later...

It was interesting to watch him during the FCE v Pacific match last night. Given the low attendance, you could hear a lot of the talk on the pitch during the broadcast. Every time Habibullah had the ball in 1 v 1 isolated situations, you could hear the Eddies keeper or defenders scream "RIGHT FOOT, RIGHT FOOT". And indeed, every time, he tried to cut in on his right foot.

Like Bustos, you can tell that this kid has the technique, but when are you undersized physically, below average athletically, and so one footed, your skill has to be off the charts to compensate for all of these weaknesses. This will certainly put a cap on his ceiling. 

14 minutes ago, shorty said:

So, is the solution to genetically splice and clone a Habibullah/Bustos Franken-player?  Someone call Elon Musk.  He seems extra-open to crazy projects these days.

Habibullah's right foot, Bustos' left foot on Kunle Dada-Luke's body. Who's head?

9 minutes ago, masster said:

Habibullah's right foot, Bustos' left foot on Kunle Dada-Luke's body. Who's head?

portland thorns soccer GIF by Thorns FC

Obviously.

(Attended the Canwnt game in Langford, which was not the dominant performance it should have been.  The difference, though, when Sinclair came on was breathtaking.  Amazing vision, understanding and decision-making.  Maybe Elon can inject her brain into all our young Canadian players, regardless of gender.  

Edited by shorty

I think often times when players dribble a lot they get categorized as being one footed. In reality they're just taking people on how other players wouldn't even bother or players who rely more on speed and strength just push balls in to space and beat people that way. Players who have the ability to make the ball stick to their foot look over reliant on one foot.

Also because I do it all the time, when you have a player who looks to challenge defenders you often scream he's gonna do this or that or he's one footed just to get in their head 

6 hours ago, shorty said:

So, is the solution to genetically splice and clone a Habibullah/Bustos Franken-player?  Someone call Elon Musk.  He seems extra-open to crazy projects these days.

Yeah but how is fixing Canada's soccer problems going to help Musk from taking over the world??  Cause he has gamed it all out and if it helped him become emperor of the earth he would graft their 2 feet onto Rickets body with Sinclairs head in a minute.  

56 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Yeah but how is fixing Canada's soccer problems going to help Musk from taking over the world??  Cause he has gamed it all out and if it helped him become emperor of the earth he would graft their 2 feet onto Rickets body with Sinclairs head in a minute.  

Elon secretly creates an army of AlphonSinc DaviBullahBustoFlemings, and Canada wins Qatar 2022 and NA2026, beating every major Catholic nation on the planet along the way, except Italy who never qualify again after 2014. He swoops in to propose to both FIFA and the Vatican the he alone can fix what is wrong in the universe. He is simultaneously elected President of FIFA and also Pope Elon I by an emergency conclave. By virtue of having previously helped Zelenskyy to defeat Putin and having reduced Putin to a vodka-soaked rubbydub turfed by the Russian population, he now controls the Oligarchs, FIFA and the Vatican and thus 99% of the world’s wealth and influence.

Oh, and he had already convinced Bezos, Zuckerberg and the other billionaires that climate change was real and sent them ahead to Mars on SpaceX. Told them he was coming in the next rocket. 

Couldnt happen without Canmnt. 

:)

Edited by shorty

18 hours ago, shorty said:

portland thorns soccer GIF by Thorns FC

Obviously.

(Attended the Canwnt game in Langford, which was not the dominant performance it should have been.  The difference, though, when Sinclair came on was breathtaking.  Amazing vision, understanding and decision-making.  Maybe Elon can inject her brain into all our young Canadian players, regardless of gender.  

Or maybe do something more realistic ( but I warn you it's definitely not PC). Collect as many eggs from Sincy as she's willing to give up and as much sperm from Fonzie and Tajon and David and Eustaquio as they can endure and put an ad in Kijiji and Craiglist for surrogate mothers. Ta-Ta. We become a soccer power that will crush the likes of Brazil, France and Germany.

Edited by Sal333

39 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

Or maybe do something more realistic ( but I warn you it's definitely not PC). Collect as many eggs from Sincy as she's willing to give up and as much sperm from Fonzie and Tajon and David and Eustaquio as they can endure and put an ad in Kijiji and Craiglist for surrogate mothers. Ta-Ta. We become a soccer power that will crush the likes of Brazil, France and Germany.

Tisk tisk

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Here’s hoping he gets his chance soon, still feel he’s the most talented kid they have in the system. Would be crazy to me if he’s not in the Cup matches with Pacific.  I see they brought up Levante again, good for him as he took his chance well last time with the goal in limited minutes.  But he’s 4-5 years older with the same stats and maybe I’d argue Habibullah has been the better footballer in WVFC2 matches.  

1 hour ago, Footyeh said:

Here’s hoping he gets his chance soon, still feel he’s the most talented kid they have in the system. Would be crazy to me if he’s not in the Cup matches with Pacific.  I see they brought up Levante again, good for him as he took his chance well last time with the goal in limited minutes.  But he’s 4-5 years older with the same stats and maybe I’d argue Habibullah has been the better footballer in WVFC2 matches.  

Pacific will be Johnson’s third of a possible four short-term agreements allowed per player per season (4 days each). I would guess the Whitecaps are burning his options early in the season with an eye towards saving Habibullah/Coupland for later in the season when they may be more impactful. None of them would be likely to see the field against Pacific barring a blowout, as Vancouver’s forward corps are all available.

Edited by footballfreak

1 hour ago, Footyeh said:

I hope it's that he's improved and not that MLSNP is a poor level because he was underwhelming at the CPL level.

35 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I hope it's that he's improved and not that MLSNP is a poor level because he was underwhelming at the CPL level.

Different league, different players in the team, competing for his position with main/best guy in the team in Bustos.  IMO it’s not indicative of what his level is or what he can provide.  Vice versa with guys performing well in the CPL.   

On 5/24/2023 at 4:31 PM, Dominic94 said:

He needs an extended run to really show what he has, he was great in cameos.

Great again today, probably should have had a goal and an assist at the very least.

Just saw this tweet...  I see a lot of talk like this about Coupland recently (not at all to take away from his good performances) about how he should be in the 1st team but he's the same age as Habibullah, same minutes, and 2nd to him in almost every stat.  Besides stats, you can see he's far more mature in his decision making, movement, creativity.  So how does he jump him in terms of "MLS Ready"??  I guess a case of a shiny new toy with Vancouver fans?  I'd ultimately like to see them both get chances.  Also, can we really call Levonte a prospect at 24 years old?