Kamron Habibullah

Yoginess

1 hour ago, Footyeh said:

Seems to begin in a proper 10 but looks like he's being asked to drop deeper as an 8 and get involved in the build up

Exciting to see him tried at 10 but it’s such an uphill battle, I’m rooting for him.

4 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

What’s KC’s depth like this year? Any chance he gets a call up at some point?

Don’t think it’s much or that they’re very good.

I think there’s a solid chance, I’d think they’re high on him if he’s being asked to play 2 roles in next pro.

21 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

What’s KC’s depth like this year? Any chance he gets a call up at some point?

First team just called up midfielders Cruz and Bryant from the Next squad for the match against Tulsa.

4 hours ago, jordan said:

First team just called up midfielders Cruz and Bryant from the Next squad for the match against Tulsa.

He'll get his chance, just has to be patient.  Those boys were in preseason with 1st team off the back of strong seasons last year.  KH is outperforming them in Next Pro, not just in stats.  

6 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Geesh, I dont know, those Next pro teams are littered with <18s. (17year old Minnys keeper in first pro start today).  Still, he's doing a number on whoever they put in front of him, got the assist on the 4th goal along with the hat trick.  Thats got to get him noticed somewhere eh??  

Even if the level is lower, scoring a hat trick and regularly having multiple goal games is still a pretty clear signal that he is ready for the next level.  

Just watched the highlights below.  He definitely put in a shift -- lots of pressing, good trickery and creativity releasing teammates going forward, but man, NONE of those three goals should have gone in, to be honest.  The gap in performance between the SKC keeper and the MNU keeper was a swing of 5-6 goals.

1 hour ago, shorty said:

Just watched the highlights below.  He definitely put in a shift -- lots of pressing, good trickery and creativity releasing teammates going forward, but man, NONE of those three goals should have gone in, to be honest.  The gap in performance between the SKC keeper and the MNU keeper was a swing of 5-6 goals.

Maybe his first I could agree but it was a clever finish and the second one he fooled everyone with it.

the 3rd was a thing of beauty…

Not trying to take away anything from Kam because you still have to put your efforts on frame and he did, but none of those was placed near the post or out of reach of a good GK.  The third one was indeed sweetly hit by Kam to be sure, but it wasn't top corner.  It almost looked like the GK dropped and ducked as he dove, and it went not far over his left shoulder.  Overall, it was a great performance and he deserves a look at the next level up, but at the next level those are three good efforts on target but not three goals, in my opinion.  Not a criticism -- just something to polish so that he's really ready for the step up.  His best strike I thought was the one that hit the post.

JJR got 21 in 19 games NextPro as a striker..and was ready for MLS.   Tani O got 17 in 24 in USL-C and was ready for MLS.  It would be soooo sweet to see Habibullah make this ressurectioon and get to MLS.  He seemed like a cant miss kid in u-17 qualifying.  Funny to think about that team, Kobi franklin, Kerr, Nelsen, Priso have already made MLS squads.  

On 4/29/2024 at 4:41 AM, dyslexic nam said:

Even if the level is lower, scoring a hat trick and regularly having multiple goal games is still a pretty clear signal that he is ready for the next level.  

Kansas also isn't great again this year, which will likely present more opportunities.

He got off to a good start last year (not even close to this good but not bad either) but couldn't maintain it over the course of the season. Sort of a Bair situation- it's great he's doing this, but let's see if he can maintain a high level.

Edit: And I hope he can! Would be great to see.

Edited by Watchmen

3 hours ago, Watchmen said:

Kansas also isn't great again this year, which will likely present more opportunities.

He got off to a good start last year (not even close to this good but not bad either) but couldn't maintain it over the course of the season. Sort of a Bair situation- it's great he's doing this, but let's see if he can maintain a high level.

Edit: And I hope he can! Would be great to see.

Only concern would be that SKC doesn’t seem to have a problem going forward, it’s letting in late goals.