Kamron Habibullah

Yoginess

8 hours ago, Yoginess said:

Vancouver Whitecaps Residency player. 2003 birth year but according to the guys at AFTN, is the most interesting prospect in the Whitecaps setup at the moment. Will need a couple years to establish himself.

Do you have a link to any article they talk about him? Was it the pod?

I saw Collyn play in the U19 semi final against LA Galaxy. Didnt do much but considetong he's 15 and LA is very highly regarded, the fact he's even on the field was impressive. My impression is that he is very confident and very skilled.  He was always looking to take players on with tricky little touches. He'll need to fill out. Scored a handfull of goals this last year playing between both youth teams

• 7 months later...

As @SthMelbRed mentioned in the General Youth thread, Habibullah scored for Whitecaps U23 against Merstham yesterday. He is the kind of player who can really benefit from the Caps' U23 team as he can test himself against grown men. 

He also scored for the Caps' U15 team against Real Madrid this past December:

He certainly is a prospect to keep an eye on, hopefully we will see him with the U17's in May.

It was more than just the goal he scored on Tuesday night. In the first half, the 'Caps team was absolutely dominated by a team of men who were no better than them in terms of skill. They were bullied and out thought by a much stronger, more experienced team. The only two who really came out of the first half with much credit were the GK, Evan Ince, who made a string of big saves, and Theo Bair, who's got some amazing physical tools - size, strength, and speed - that allowed him to match up against the older defenders.

In the 2nd half, Nick Dasovic moved Patrick Metcalfe from the backline into midfield, as the #6, and brought Habibullah off the bench. Those two moves changed the whole game. The 'Caps just edged the second half in the run of play and got the goal to win the match.

Habibullah was the youngest and smallest player on the pitch, by a long way, yet was not intimidated in the least. He was calm on the ball, played through tight spaces in the middle of the park, and wasn't shy about tracking back and putting in a tackle, when necessary. Like I said in the other thread, for a kid who's not blessed with out-of-this-world physical tools, like Phonz, he looks like he's got an enormously high ceiling. The other fans watching the game were amazed when I told them that he was only 15. I'm looking forward to seeing how he develops over the next few years.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Bump, 2021 should be a big year. 

he’s turning 18, I’ve seen rumours that he can turn Can PL any day he wants, and that Europe is awaiting but nothing on the Whitecaps front.

I know Glasscityfc lurks around here, maybe he’ll chime in on what his next move will be. Very curious to see where he ends up.

“After the World Cup the club wanted to tie down Facchineri and Pecile who both had EU passports and felt Kam still had time given he’s almost a 2004 born.  Of course with covid things slowed down a lot.  

It’s definitely in the works, lots of interest from CPL and abroad.  Just a matter of time”

This is a direct quote from someone close to Kam about his situation with the Caps. Haven’t heard anything new since.

14 minutes ago, GlassCity said:

“After the World Cup the club wanted to tie down Facchineri and Pecile who both had EU passports and felt Kam still had time given he’s almost a 2004 born.  Of course with covid things slowed down a lot.  

It’s definitely in the works, lots of interest from CPL and abroad.  Just a matter of time”

This is a direct quote from someone close to Kam about his situation with the Caps. Haven’t heard anything new since.

Right on time. Any idea if they have confidence in the whitecaps ? Colyn wasn’t handled properly and look at MB.... pecile didn’t play but Atleast Facchineri got a loan... 

It’s nice that the Caps are churning out high quality prospects but I mean they’re fucking them up😂😂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...