Kamron Habibullah

Yoginess

7 hours ago, VinceA said:

I don't know if we're actually that much better than Uzbekistan. They're a regular at the AFC Asian Cup, are usually competitive and if things had swung their way a bit more they'd have been at a World Cup by now.

That’s not saying much really. The Gold Cup is arguably a better competition now. 

We defeated Uzbekistan back in 2016 by 2 goals to 1, on the strength of an Edgar goal and an own goal. I remember both teams being evenly matched, which was somewhat surprising and peaked my interest in them, as they were a fairly nondescript team for me up until that game. 

Our program has changed a lot since then and I am not sure theirs have changed a great deal. As mentioned, they have fallen just short of the world cup numerous times, which is more than we can say. I would like to see how our current team matches up with them.

They're currently ranked 86th and their most impressive player on paper is 25 year old striker Eldor Shomurodov, who's on the books at Genoa in Serie A. He's scored 20 goals in 43 games for the national team.

Anyhow, I think it would depend on how Kamron develops and what he thinks his chances are with Canada. The 2026 carrot will probably lure him to us, but if our team is too difficult for him to break into, or if Uzbekistan make the world cup, things could get interesting. 

On 4/23/2021 at 6:05 PM, Big_M said:

so probably eligible for uzbekistan and afghanistan also..both not unrealistic so will be interesting to see what happens

The reality is that he has lived in Canada since he was 2 years old and has come up through the Caps academy system.  Plus he has repped Canada at the national level for the youth teams.  All things being equal, I doubt he abandons all that to go play for a country that is no better than we are - and probably a fair bit worse by the time he is ready to play at the senior level internationally.  

Really looking forward to seeing the kid play in MLS this season.  

its not necessarily about whos better..in fact a player might go to the weaker national team if it gives him a better chance to play..so we know very little about this and what will happen..we dont even know his true level at senior pro level..gotta wait and see

8 minutes ago, Big_M said:

its not necessarily about whos better..in fact a player might go to the weaker national team if it gives him a better chance to play..so we know very little about this and what will happen..we dont even know his true level at senior pro level..gotta wait and see

Sure, but you can still speculate (it is mostly what we do around here...).  And if you look at the facts, I don’t really see a lot that would suggest he would ever choose them over us if he had all options available to him.  If he isn’t ultimately good enough to make our team then it doesn’t really matter anyway.   

A tiny sample, but the sequence where he shielded the ball and dribbled out of pressure to play the pass into Gaspar is something that he does so well.  Finds solutions.  Those who have watched him will know he's special on the ball, different to what we have in the national pools.

Edited by Footyeh

15 minutes ago, Footyeh said:

A tiny sample, but the sequence where he shielded the ball and dribbled out of pressure to play the pass into Gaspar is something that he does so well.  Finds solutions.  Those who have watched him will know he's special on the ball, different to what we have in the national pools.

At the least, he might eat into Raposo's minutes off the bench as the season progresses.

On 4/27/2021 at 10:39 AM, Obinna said:

We defeated Uzbekistan back in 2016 by 2 goals to 1, on the strength of an Edgar goal and an own goal. I remember both teams being evenly matched, which was somewhat surprising and peaked my interest in them, as they were a fairly nondescript team for me up until that game. 

Our program has changed a lot since then and I am not sure theirs have changed a great deal. As mentioned, they have fallen just short of the world cup numerous times, which is more than we can say. I would like to see how our current team matches up with them.

They're currently ranked 86th and their most impressive player on paper is 25 year old striker Eldor Shomurodov, who's on the books at Genoa in Serie A. He's scored 20 goals in 43 games for the national team.

Anyhow, I think it would depend on how Kamron develops and what he thinks his chances are with Canada. The 2026 carrot will probably lure him to us, but if our team is too difficult for him to break into, or if Uzbekistan make the world cup, things could get interesting. 

I do hope he chooses Canada because Canada certainly needs all the firepower we can get

11 hours ago, Footyeh said:

He’s very shifty and agile from what I saw. Can he be a 10?

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

He’s very shifty and agile from what I saw. Can he be a 10?

Can play as a 10 as well, think his best role with VWFC depends on who he's playing with.  He likes to drifts inside from wide positions so he ends up in the spaces in front of the Striker a lot.  Hardly ever see him stay very wide, it's not his game.  He's got a great relationship on the field with Cava, interested to see if they can replicate the combinations as they did in preseason.

7 hours ago, Footyeh said:

Can play as a 10 as well, think his best role with VWFC depends on who he's playing with.  He likes to drifts inside from wide positions so he ends up in the spaces in front of the Striker a lot.  Hardly ever see him stay very wide, it's not his game.  He's got a great relationship on the field with Cava, interested to see if they can replicate the combinations as they did in preseason.

In the short time he was on the field yesterday with Cava, it seems to indicate the answer to that is yes as they linked well together

22 hours ago, Footyeh said:

That was a good one.

9 hours ago, Footyeh said:

Yes, you could clearly see the chemistry between them. Both guys are clever on the ball and can maintain possession even when you don't expect them to, Eden Hazard like. 

I cursed the two times he was open just outside the 18 and one guy failed to keep his head to get it to him and second time when Raposo decided not to dish it off to him but instead opted to cross it into no man's land. 

4 minutes ago, Macksam said:

That was a good one.

Yes, you could clearly see the chemistry between them. Both guys are clever on the ball and can maintain possession even when you don't expect them to, Eden Hazard like. 

I cursed the two times he was open just outside the 18 and one guy failed to keep his head to get it to him and second time when Raposo decided not to dish it off to him but instead opted to cross it into no man's land. 

That was brutal, even MDS was like wth