Charles-Andres Brym

Vince193

At least for me the change in level does matter a lot. IMO he shouldn't have been in the picture when he was in second Dutch division, we have a descent amount of depth at strikers playing at a higher level.

Now that he is doing ok in the Eredivise though? He is arguably our third or fourth best striker and fully deserve his spot.

1 hour ago, Stryker911 said:

Interestingly, Netherlands has overtaken France in the UEFA association coefficients. So Brym is playing in a top 5 league while David isn't.

Brym has also scored 2 goals against a top 25 team in Feyenoord. 

Don’t those same ratings consider Lille the 19th best team in the world or something? Could’ve sworn some ranking system placed them there recently. 

I wonder how realistic it’ll be so see MLS overtake France once they loosen up roster restrictions. Seems like it would be very easy for some of the big clubs here to overtake a lot of French clubs outside of the European regulars.

3 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Don’t those same ratings consider Lille the 19th best team in the world or something? Could’ve sworn some ranking system placed them there recently. 

I wonder how realistic it’ll be so see MLS overtake France once they loosen up roster restrictions. Seems like it would be very easy for some of the big clubs here to overtake a lot of French clubs outside of the European regulars.

I have no doubt that MLS will become a top 5 league at some point.   There is just too much money in the US for it not to happen.  Overtaking the big 4 (I include Germany) doesn’t seem likely any time soon but I think the resources, infrastructure and conditions are in place to grab spot 5.  I just don’t know when that happens.  Could be in the next decade (depending on the 2026 bump) or it could be a more gradual growth over 20-30 years.   

2 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I have no doubt that MLS will become a top 5 league at some point.   There is just too much money in the US for it not to happen.  Overtaking the big 4 (I include Germany) doesn’t seem likely any time soon but I think the resources, infrastructure and conditions are in place to grab spot 5.  I just don’t know when that happens.  Could be in the next decade (depending on the 2026 bump) or it could be a more gradual growth over 20-30 years.   

Absolutely agree, though I wonder how they're going to make it work with a massive injection of money as well as the concept of complete parity across the league. I don't think North America has the room to have 40 (what MLS wants) hyper competitive, European-quality level teams, where you might have Miami and NYCFC looking to take the training wheels off and go out and spend $200M on transfers in a window vs. CF Montreal who will be looking for hidden gems in the CPL. I think that's realistically where pro/rel will have to come in. Though with the media market and the money, there's no way in the world that MLS stays this 10-15th best league in the world or whatever it is. You now have guys like Giroud, Griezmann, apparently Lewandowski who are all looking to come over, so curious where we'll be at 5-10 years from now.

12 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

This is the UEFA Club/Country coefficient that is used to decide the number of spots each country gets in European competitions. 

Personally I don't think it's something that can really be read as a live table. You have to wait and see how the season plays out.

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/data/method5/crank2024.html

This system is also used for the Pot seedings for draws in club competitions.

Edited by narduch

Just now, narduch said:

This is the UEFA Club/Country coefficient that is used to decide the bomber of spots each country gets in European competitions. 

Personally I don't think it's something that can really be read as a live table. You have to wait and see how the season plays out.

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/data/method5/crank2024.html

This system is also used for the Pot seedings for draws in club competitions.

Got it- I was thinking of the 538 rankings who have LOSC at 19th: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/global-club-rankings/

Though the UEFA coefficient has Porto at 19, so eitehr way, a second Canadian is playing for a top 20 club.

9 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Got it- I was thinking of the 538 rankings who have LOSC at 19th: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/global-club-rankings/

Though the UEFA coefficient has Porto at 19, so eitehr way, a second Canadian is playing for a top 20 club.

The UEFA ranking has them at 48th.

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/data/method5/trank2024.html

In this system you can only get points from Euro club competitions. So you wouldn't score any points for winning your domestic league.

Edited by narduch

2 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

Interestingly, Netherlands has overtaken France in the UEFA association coefficients. So Brym is playing in a top 5 league while David isn't.

Brym has also scored 2 goals against a top 25 team in Feyenoord. 

Wow, that's wild.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/9/2023 at 8:41 AM, narduch said:

It's possible Sparta told him he is not in their future plans

He has started the last four and played most of the game. He has worked his way into a starting lineup on the wing. It is a big step up from barely playing 15 minutes a game. As Sparta is struggling with offense, he is getting his shot

Screenshot_20231210_102306_FotMob Pro.jpg

1 hour ago, blueseeka said:

He has started the last four and played most of the game. He has worked his way into a starting lineup on the wing. It is a big step up from barely playing 15 minutes a game. As Sparta is struggling with offense, he is getting his shot

Screenshot_20231210_102306_FotMob Pro.jpg

Quite a range in those ratings

1 hour ago, lowlander said:

Quite a range in those ratings

Something I've always noticed with these game ratings: if your team wins, you get high ratings. If they lose, so do you, normally, unless you score a hat trick in a loss or get a red in a win. Two wins, two losses for Sparta in the past four.

Tie games would probably give you the most honest assessment.