Metro Vancouver CPL Club

18 minutes ago, Kent said:

Isn't there supposed to be a branding announcement today? Is it just going to be a news release or is there something we can watch? I'm not seeing any live event upcoming on OneSoccer's youtube channel and I don't see any mentions on canpl.ca.

Well the CanMNT roster drops around 1130 am ET.

If anything I will be well after that

34 minutes ago, Kent said:

Isn't there supposed to be a branding announcement today? Is it just going to be a news release or is there something we can watch? I'm not seeing any live event upcoming on OneSoccer's youtube channel and I don't see any mentions on canpl.ca.

Yes according to the commissioner's statement on Sunday. But did not mention how it would be done or what time.

Edited by MtlMario

On 10/25/2022 at 6:14 PM, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Super weird there is nothing? They could be waiting for after school/work to have more people there or maybe it's just postponed. Very weird CPL hasn't even dropped a teaser or anything. Even with the anticlimactic Saskatoon one they gave a build. Maybe they learned their lesson!

Edit: this was yesterday from the same account

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ckbrxd_S9wi/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

"All will be revealed tomorrow "

Edited by toontownman

3 hours ago, toontownman said:

Maybe I'm a sucker for a line, but I'm sold! I'll definitely look to get to a game whenever I'm home during the season, even it's an hour's drive from North Burnaby.

On 10/30/2022 at 10:31 PM, cornerkick said:

Given this club will play more than a few games vs PFC, and with the league eager to develop a rivalry/derby between the two... would the league try to nudge BC Ferries to give a slight discount for fans traveling to/from the island?

If you travel midweek and pretend you're over 65…you pay the same as a team scarf.

I'm scared they're going to steal Pacific's players after hearing Rob's interview and knowing ownerships intent. They seem to use two angles:

1. we need this league to give local players an opportunity that we didn't have when I was a kid.

2. we're struggling to find local talent. 

Is this just the reality in BC right now?

1 hour ago, Aird25 said:

I'm scared they're going to steal Pacific's players after hearing Rob's interview and knowing ownerships intent. They seem to use two angles:

1. we need this league to give local players an opportunity that we didn't have when I was a kid.

Didn't Pacific release a couple players yesterday who are from the Lower Mainland?

3 hours ago, Aird25 said:

Yes. BC Soccer has been awful at producing talent for a long time now. Who was the last BC born and raised player to really make a difference with the national team (on the men's side)?

32 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

Yes. BC Soccer has been awful at producing talent for a long time now. Who was the last BC born and raised player to really make a difference with the national team (on the men's side)?

Limited exposure and possible generalization but to me it feels like all the big clubs there like surrey united, cmf, mtn are trying hard to beat each other and "win" from a young age rather than focusing on technique, positioning, possession etc.  Went to a few games at a big tournament a while back and saw u8s kicking the ball out and time wasting in a 1 goal game that wasn't even officially scored.  Coaches yelling at refs.  Etc. 

Seemed like a lot of super intense coaches who care more about their own ego than developing good players beyond their specific team.  But guys who live there and see it every day would know better than me.

so do we know what langleys stadium plans look like yet?