Ottawa CPL Club

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I think excluding the Fury from the Voyageurs Cup would do much more long term harm than good.  In fact, the only winners there would be lawyers.

No need to worry. They are in:

https://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-soccer-s-2019-canadian-championship-expands-to-13-teams-and-24-matches-p161994-preview-1&language=en

....In 2019, the Canadian Championship will feature 13 teams including three Major League Soccer clubs, Toronto FC, Montréal Impact and Vancouver Whitecaps FC; United Soccer League’s Ottawa Fury FC; seven Canadian Premier League clubs, FC Edmonton, Forge FC, Valour FC, Cavalry FC, HFX Wanderers FC, Pacific FC, and York9 FC; Première ligue du Soccer de Québec’s AS Blainville; and League1 Ontario champions Vaughan Azzurri....

Not that there was ever really any doubt on that. What will be controversial is where they were seeded:

...The Third Qualifying Round will kick off on 10 and 24 July. The Round will feature the three Second Qualifying Round winners drawn against Ottawa Fury FC of the United Soccer League and both Montréal Impact and Vancouver Whitecaps FC from Major League Soccer...

Edited by BringBackTheBlizzard

So Ottawa is in the Championship, as expected and as it should be.

Ottawa is also seeded higher than CPL and along with MLS teams, which I am sure we will all agree is weird (that's me being polite for all the young Voyageurs out there).

And the whole idea that Canadians playing for Ottawa being punished is just mean (also, me being polite). Also, the idea that Herdman will be less likely to notice a Canadian playing in the USL is pretty insulting to Herdman's abilities as a coach/manager.

And I can't speak to who is pretty here on the forums, having never met any of you. But Matty does look strangely familiar.

7 hours ago, KW519 said:

I watched Ottawa struggle against teenagers from Torontos reserve team two seperate times last season. Why is Ottawa always involved in the cup but not TFC II, or any PDL clubs? 

TFC II reserve/farm team is not in as its an extention of the parent TFC club and not a stand alone team.

USL PDL teams are not in D1, D2, or D3 level leagues (PDL is a D4 amateur league that doesn't play a full season).

5 hours ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

No need to worry. They are in:

Figured they would be in, strange they're coming in at the 3rd round imho.

1 hour ago, Viruk42 said:

You mean like the Fury are an extension of the Impact? ?

Actually the Fury are an extension of TFC as well.  They are a bi-feeder club and as such very unique, special and brave.  This uniqueness should see them get a FIFA exemption and 3rd round bye for decades to come.  We should all be grateful for the selflessness of the Fury and all they do for Canadian soccer.

?

Edited by Keegan

On 1/11/2019 at 10:23 AM, Keegan said:

Actually the Fury are an extension of TFC as well.  They are a bi-feeder club and as such very unique, special and brave.  This uniqueness should see them get a FIFA exemption and 3rd round bye for decades to come.  We should all be grateful for the selflessness of the Fury and all they do for Canadian soccer.

?

dude fuck off with that dumbass humour

Edited by matty

10 minutes ago, Ansem said:

^^^

Someone's feelings got hurt

like your's do on a regular basic over unimportant things.

let's compare

you: sees ottawa opt not to join cpl. wishes death upon them. attack anyone who defends them as if they are a monster that needs to die as well

me: sees someone use a group of people (i happen to belong to) used to mock a soccer team on a forum (belonging to a nfp) that already risks getting in shit with press if the wrong person finds certain posts. tell them to fuck off with that dumb shit

Edited by matty

1 minute ago, matty said:

like your's do on a regular basic over unimportant things.

let's compare

you: sees ottawa opt not to join cpl. wishes death upon them. attack anyone who defends them as if they are a monster that needs to die as well

me: sees someone use a group of people (i happen to belong too) used to mock a soccer team on a forum (belonging to a nfp) that already risks getting in shit with press if the wrong person finds it. tell them to fuck off with that dumb shit

I voice my opinion, you curse at people. 

Go take a walk and have a cup of coffee. It's nothing to insult each other over.

5 minutes ago, Ansem said:

I voice my opinion, you curse at people. 

Go take a walk and have a cup of coffee. It's nothing to insult each other over.

you go on rants at people. me telling someone to cut the shit isn't even a 1/10 as sensitive as writing a 400 word reply to someone who wrote 10 words saying "oh well i guess they have concerns with the league"

anyways i'm out cause i got things to do. talk to you later

Edited by matty

Just now, matty said:

you go on rants at people. me telling someone to cut the shit isn't even a 1/10 as sensitive as writing a 400 word reply to someone who wrote 10 words saying "oh well i guess they have concerns with the league"

And you insult people that disagree with you using a touch of humor. Try to grow up a bit

7 minutes ago, Ansem said:

And you insult people that disagree with you using a touch of humor. Try to grow up a bit

i didn't insult him i told him to fuck off with that style of humour because a) yes it bugs me as a bisexual person to be used to mock someone and b ) it adds to the list of shit some unfriendly outlet might find when they look into what the voyageurs are. i know some here might not care but that could be very bad for this nfp.

also you telling anyone to grow up is rich. also remember the other day when kent (i think) and i were joking and you got so offended that you wrote like 500 words that had nothing to do with anything that was being talked about? 

anyways really gotta go now ttyl not about this because this is gonna become a loop and annoy everyone here

Edited by matty

@mattygive it a break buddy, this isn't the first time you've tried to infer something on me in a PC rage.  The joke was to poke fun at those around here who are constantly looking for excuses as to why Ottawa should get special treatment and exemption status - which is maybe what you're really upset about.  If you identify as a bi-feeder professional football club I do apologize.  

3 hours ago, Keegan said:

@mattygive it a break buddy, this isn't the first time you've tried to infer something on me in a PC rage.  The joke was to poke fun at those around here who are constantly looking for excuses as to why Ottawa should get special treatment and exemption status - which is maybe what you're really upset about.  If you identify as a bi-feeder professional football club I do apologize.  

when was another pc rage moment with you? the women's thing were you (iirc) agreed the criticisms they had were valid and that the rage you had was misplaced?

my issue is that you actually are implying bisexuals have no validity with the comparison to the fury's piss poor reaching for special status.  do i think this was your intent? no i think this was an in the moment thing but I'm still gonna take issue with it as other members have over things in the past.

i also don't want these forums to undue this fanbase. if you think I'm offended wait till a York journalism student looks into the namesake of the cup york 9 are playing for and comes here and then goes to north 99 or press progress complaining of a Canadian government's departments relation to us. it might seem slim but that very much could happen. 

Edited by matty