Rocco Romeo

Dub Narcotic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Knowing Vanney??  No.  There should be some minutes to be had (with a condensed seaso), but he'll prob slide Bradley into CB, or try to turn Fraser etc.  Vanney doesnt bring along young defenders unless he drafted them or they eat thanksgiving dinner with him.

I think Romeo, Dunn and Okello should get the hell out of TO.  A loan to a CPL club might be better for them, better than toiling in lower level USL for another year.  All 3 looked pretty promising 3 years ago, and not much has happened since.  You would have thought one of them would have gotten some sort of shot by now.  Kind of sad but its the circle of life, new prospects coming up all the time.  

• 1 month later...

I might be jumping to conclusions, but on his Instagram account he’s posted a few stories of him flying in the last 12 hours.  His last story had him at Heathrow waiting for a connecting flight somewhere.

Could we be seeing another loan move to a lower tier European club for the 2020/2021 season? 

*update* - He just posted another story a minute ago saying that he’s “landed” in Copenhagen.  Looks like a loan is coming to a Danish team.

Edited by aredding77

15 hours ago, aredding77 said:

I might be jumping to conclusions, but on his Instagram account he’s posted a few stories of him flying in the last 12 hours.  His last story had him at Heathrow waiting for a connecting flight somewhere.

Could we be seeing another loan move to a lower tier European club for the 2020/2021 season? 

*update* - He just posted another story a minute ago saying that he’s “landed” in Copenhagen.  Looks like a loan is coming to a Danish team.

Didn't he do a previous loan to a Div 2 Danish side....

4 hours ago, canadianbacons said:

Like this move. Crossing my fingers that he can develop into a NT-level CB.  First step is getting playing time, which isn't going to happen at TFC. We desperately need some quality and depth at the position.

I've said this before, but Denmark is one of only a few European countries that, with a few exceptions, has been very good to Canadians plying their trade abroad.

• 9 months later...
2 hours ago, Shway said:

Should be back from his loan soon as his team is out of the promotion playoffs. 

TFC are at roster capacity so he might be facing another loan or somebody will need to be moved.

Would TFC brass rate Romeo ahead of Singh??  Or even ahead of Dunn?  No sense on bringing him back to play USL-1 though.  

He got 701 minutes, given the timeframe thats not bad. Another loan makes the most sense but it wouldn't surprise me if they sell him too. 

CPL is a possibility for all three still, I saw Montgomery is being linked to a CPL loan and there are clubs looking. I thought most rosters are reasonably solid at CB though. Valour, Pacific (although they need fullbacks, maybe Halifax and Edmonton?)

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

He got 701 minutes, given the timeframe thats not bad. Another loan makes the most sense but it wouldn't surprise me if they sell him too. 

CPL is a possibility for all three still, I saw Montgomery is being linked to a CPL loan and there are clubs looking. I thought most rosters are reasonably solid at CB though. Valour, Pacific (although they need fullbacks, maybe Halifax and Edmonton?)

Forge or York 9 should be options.