Zorhan Bassong

jordan

30 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Love

This 

Move. 

Fingers crossed for him. Love the idea of Bassong and ZBG on either side. Shame Waterman and Yao likely won't break through as starters. 

I wouldn't be so sure about Waterman. Depending on additional signings I wouldn't be surprised to see him start frequently. When healthy he was a starting semi regularly and definitely played well most nights. Camacho was good for a brain dead play or two a game and will hopefully be out while Fanni will probably retire leaving room for Joel in the squad. 

“We are very happy to announce the signing of Zorhan Bassong, with whom we’ve had an agreement for 2021 for some time. We preferred to wait to make the announcement to avoid destabilizing the players in his position, and achieve our 2020 goals,” said Montreal Impact sporting director Olivier Renard. “He is a versatile young Canadian, playing as a left or right back, or as a center-back in a three-man defense. He’s shown a great desire to come back here, and he is delighted with the club’s project.”

You can see it coming that he'll play some games at cb

Love this move! 

On 11/30/2020 at 12:59 AM, toontownman said:

I thought Joel looked fine the last two times he featured, the last time was less successful when they moved him around but the time before he was arguably MOTM. Just disappointing he was dropped after and didn't feature again, especially with how poor the other defenders had been.

Yeah I really didn't understand why he was pulled from the starting lineup in the last few games. He was really impressive this year. 

On 11/30/2020 at 12:59 AM, toontownman said:

I thought Joel looked fine the last two times he featured, the last time was less successful when they moved him around but the time before he was arguably MOTM. Just disappointing he was dropped after and didn't feature again, especially with how poor the other defenders had been.

Yes!  Waterman and Yao got robbed of minutes this year.  They should've had Camacho's minutes, impossible to say, but it couldn't have been much worse.  And, they'd have that much more experience for 2021.  Its really unfortunate.

The very little I saw of Yao I liked.  He could have benefited a lot from playing in the Island Games like Dunn did.  Too bad the Impact didn't loan anyone for that.  Hopefully, that will change in the future but sometimes I get the feeling that Saputo is a vengeful sort who likely sees CPL as a threat to him by putting sides in his province so he is more apt to try to kill them than work with them.  

• 1 year later...