Zorhan Bassong

jordan

On 7/8/2020 at 5:21 PM, toontownman said:

Dissapointing. Would think he should find a club in Europe. Looked great in his Canada games imo. Maybe an MLS club will take him on.

Bassong on an MLS squad would probably start any day of the week but which MLS squad to put him on?

1 hour ago, TGAA_Star said:

Bassong on an CPL squad would probably start any day of the week but which CPL squad to put him on?

Fixed your post :)

When it comes to MLS, I think he could start on several MLS squads, but I don't think he is good enough that any club would give him a guarantee. For that reason, he is better off taking a less risky option and that's why I think he should stay in Belgium but drop down a division. He can build some first team experience in the First Division B and then climb back up as he improves.

Hard to tell. I really liked what I saw when he was with Canada but thats not really enough to judge, there were some that were unimpressed with him here as much as I was impressed. To top it off he was played out of position in one of the matches too. 

I would expect him to be in that zone between CPL and MLS. Look at ZBG, he isn't an instant starter as much as he has grown. Being in an MLS squad could be a curse. CPL immediately seems like a step down but who knows! If he has no decent offers in Europe a solid year being a standout might see him bounce back like Borges or get him a move to the MLS. It is not without its risks though. 

As for a destination Edmonton is the only place that really makes sense to compete with Zebie. Everyone else is pretty stacked or has an established name there already. 

• 2 months later...
20 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Obviously nothing but speculation as he’s seemingly been traveling a bit recently.. but Zorhan checked in @ Gent today on his Instagram story. Would be a great spot for him to land

32DF3764-C6E1-4C63-BBA6-FB512B25DB4E.jpeg

Released by Cercle Brugge then signed by Gent would be a pretty wild turn of events. Pretty skeptical about that.

27 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Obviously nothing but speculation as he’s seemingly been traveling a bit recently.. but Zorhan checked in @ Gent today on his Instagram story. Would be a great spot for him to land

32DF3764-C6E1-4C63-BBA6-FB512B25DB4E.jpeg

As much as I'd love to see Bassong at Gent they already have three LBs I doubt they'll sign another one tbh

Edited by Nate3322

10 minutes ago, Fullback said:

I hate to rag on the guy but I feel like a player who can't make the eleven on a team that got relegated in Belgium, probably isn't good enough for MLS

There could be many reasons why he hasn’t made it. Manager didn’t like him , someone better ahead of him etc. But in my view his performance versus the Iceland game proved to me that he can play in the MLS. 

54 minutes ago, Fullback said:

I hate to rag on the guy but I feel like a player who can't make the eleven on a team that got relegated in Belgium, probably isn't good enough for MLS

I would have thought the same, but Tristan Borges can't even make the bench for OH Leuven. Who's to say if he is good enough for MLS, but from what I recall he had offers, or at least there was interest.

Brym stood out brightly in a domestic squad full of MLS regulars, but he so far hasn't played for Mouscron and only made the bench for the first time last match day. 

Long way of saying it is hard to tell if Bassong is good enough for MLS or not. It probably depends on the club and situation. MLS has parity, but it isn't a monolith. Fact is, players find success in the league and they come from all sorts of clubs and levels of play.

Edited by Obinna

Just now, Obinna said:

I would have thought the same, but Tristan Borges can't even make the bench for OH Leuven. Who's to say if he is good enough for MLS, but from what I recall he had offers, or at least there was interest.

Brym stood out brightly in a domestic squad full of MLS regulars, but he so far hasn't played for Mouscron and only made the bench for the first time last match day. 

Long way of saying it is hard to tell if Bassong is good enough for MLS or not. It probably depends on the club and situation. MLS has parity, but it isn't a monolith. Players come from all sorts of leagues and clubs and find success in Major League Soccer.

MLS is weird it is really down to the individual player, so many guys have come from lower leagues and adapted very well and other have come from top divisions and fallen flat on their faces.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...