Sam Adekugbe

Dub Narcotic

1 hour ago, harrycoyster said:

Not that the Caps aren't worthy of some criticism when it comes to youth players, but Adekugbe has reportedly had his mind made up that he only wanted to play in Europe since before the Brighton loan. The Whitecaps offered Adekugbe some pretty significant minutes before the Brighton loan that he turned down.

In this specific case Adekugbe has less interest in the Whitecaps than they have in him.  

I take it you're a whitecaps fan?

3 hours ago, jpg75 said:

Jordan Hamilton joined TFC as a 16 year old from Pickering SC. Also, Vancouver started their Residency in 2007 with the class of 1990's that included REB, Straith, Thomas, Gage (91) et al.

Is your info on Jordan Hamilton right? I seem to remember him traveling to training camp with the senior team in the Aron Winter era (I was thinking 2011) as a 14 year old. Looking up his birthday the math would work with 2011 but he would have been virtually 15 at the time.

And now I've looked it up. This says he was 15 when he joined the academy in 2011.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2014/01/09/toronto-fc-sign-academy-forward-canadian-youth-international-jordan-hamilton

46 minutes ago, Kent said:

Is your info on Jordan Hamilton right? I seem to remember him traveling to training camp with the senior team in the Aron Winter era (I was thinking 2011) as a 14 year old. Looking up his birthday the math would work with 2011 but he would have been virtually 15 at the time.

And now I've looked it up. This says he was 15 when he joined the academy in 2011.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2014/01/09/toronto-fc-sign-academy-forward-canadian-youth-international-jordan-hamilton

If he joined TFC in 2011 it was later on because he was still with Ajax (not Pickering, got that wrong) when he played for Canada U17 in CONCACAF qualifiers in Feb. 2011. Point is, they didn't sign him when assembling their next academy class in winter 2010-11.

• 1 month later...

Because the Aird one all happened so fast, I want to give you guys some time in case this happens. Goteborg are putting me in touch with Sam and as you guys do a good job thinking up stuff figured I'd ask for your ideas

NOTE: I'm not asking if he's done in Vancouver (I know that's a rumour) and already have a question in place about Tomori

Edited by matty

Which league would he most like to play in? BPL?

Is he most comfortable as a LFB, LWB or LW and why?

Did he ever consider suiting up for England over Canada?

In his opinion, how confident are the CMNT players in this team vs Floro's?

Does he like his FIFA 17 rating? Does he know what it will be this year?

What are his early impressions of the football in Sweden?

What are the similarities and differences between the Swedish top flight and MLS?

How is he adapting playing football in a non-english speaking country for the first time?

Why was it decided to go on loan in Sweden, specifically with IFK?

Is there hope in the club that it can finish a Europa league place?

Are there any specific aspects of his game that he is working on, or hoping to improve, while out on loan in Sweden? If so, what are they?

Edited by Obinna

2 hours ago, yothat said:

.....The impact of the new players to the program and potential newcomers? Has he done any recruiting? 

Will as variant of the former.

2 hours ago, hodgkiss said:

Is he most comfortable as a LFB, LWB or LW and why?....

In his opinion, how confident are the CMNT players in this team vs Floro's?

Will ask about position and maybe about Floro vs. now

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Has he had any chats with Kenny Stamatopoulos about his time playing for Canada especially as IFK played AIK a few weeks ago?

Will ask something along these lines

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

What are his early impressions of the football in Sweden?

What are the similarities and differences between the Swedish top flight and MLS?

How is he adapting playing football in a non-english speaking country for the first time?

Why was it decided to go on loan in Sweden, specifically with IFK?

Is there hope in the club that it can finish a Europa league place?

Are there any specific aspects of his game that he is working on, or hoping to improve, while out on loan in Sweden? If so, what are they?

You have a lot of good ones in there. I very much will do the league comparison (already have that one down that factors in EFLC) but but the English one is great.

19 minutes ago, Complete Homer said:

I wouldn't mind hearing his comments on what Calgary did for his development 

Will ask about it

Also planning to ask about getting the chance to play in England and how that felt compared to Canada, how academies in England compare to MLS, something about Mix (to get those US clicks)

This is becoming a very depressing, recurring theme. He plays very good and gets injured. During his first run up the field he was involved in a very good chance.

Here's hoping it's nothing serious and he finds a way to stay healthy. Good luck Sam.

5 hours ago, TRM said:

This is becoming a very depressing, recurring theme. He plays very good and gets injured. During his first run up the field he was involved in a very good chance.

Here's hoping it's nothing serious and he finds a way to stay healthy. Good luck Sam.

In that run that led to his injury, you could see what he brings: a natural, smooth attacker from the left back position unlike anyone else we have. He has a world of potential but somehow needs to find a way to stay healthy.

• 1 month later...

Good article on Adekugbe posted on Twitter by Canucks Abroad:
https://www.fotbollskanalen.se/allsvenskan/skadehistoriken-kan-paverka-backens-framtid-i-blavitt/

Using google translate, sounds like his injury history is giving IFK pause as to whether they want to pick up their purchase option or not.

Also interesting to note that he doesn't say what his preference would be for next season between staying in Sweden or returning to Vancouver.