Sam Adekugbe

Dub Narcotic

• 2 weeks later...

Between Brighton and Vancouver he made 28 total first team appearances prior to his “breakthrough” for Canada at the 2017 Gold Cup.  Since then he has played nearly 40 matches but can’t get a cap.  It will be interesting to see how much he has developed when he does get a chance but this is ridiculous.

If this were a player in literally any other position he would be playing for us. 

Sam finished his first full healthy season as a starter and he has 2 more years on his contract at a decent level.

If Davies moves up to LW from LB I assume he will be our starter if he stays in form.  That’s all good news.  The better news is that we have real options at multiple positions again.

3 hours ago, Keegan said:

Between Brighton and Vancouver he made 28 total first team appearances prior to his “breakthrough” for Canada at the 2017 Gold Cup.  Since then he has played nearly 40 matches but can’t get a cap.  It will be interesting to see how much he has developed when he does get a chance but this is ridiculous.

If this were a player in literally any other position he would be playing for us. 

Exactly!!  He HAS to get back into the CMNT squad.  Playing Davies out of position so we can shoe horn Tabla (or other mids) into the line up is silly.  Davies will get torched playing LB against better teams and I dont think we should waste his time trying to teach him to defend when he is our most electric player going forward.  Getting game time/acclimation for a real LB, that is going to be around for the next 2 cycles should be a priority.  Lets find out sooner rather than later if he is the guy to fill that spot.  

13 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

How long until we see LB Adekugbe - LM Teibert - LW Davies in a 4-3-3, entrusting the entire left wing to the West Coast?

Not likely, I don’t see Teibert starting over OSorio in a 4-3-3. I also think 4-3-3 doesn’t suit out roster as of now. 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 makes more sense. 

ZGB-Henry-Adekugbe

Millar-Piette-Hutch-Osorio-Hoilet

Cav-Davies

3 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

Not likely, I don’t see Teibert starting over OSorio in a 4-3-3. I also think 4-3-3 doesn’t suit out roster as of now. 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 makes more sense. 

ZGB-Henry-Adekugbe

Cav-Davies

Osorio is not starting over Arfield.

Edited by SpursFlu

3 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

ZGB-Henry-Adekugbe

Cav-Davies

I'd be terrified to see Henry play as the lone centre back against anyone, let alone against stronger competition. Generally, I think 3 man defenses use 3 centre backs, with wingbacks providing the width. I don't expect we'll see a back three formation with two converted fullbacks.

Edited by C2SKI

7 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

ZGB-Henry-Adekugbe

Cav-Davies

You are not starting Adekugbe in a 3 man back line!

Just now, SkuseisLoose said:

wrong position,  hoillet is generally a winger and ossorio is generally in the centre

I am a TFC fan I’m pretty sure Osorio plays on the outside. OKay bump Davies up so Hoilett is on the wing. I thought he was inside when I watched them play vs Dominica.