Sam Adekugbe

Dub Narcotic

1 minute ago, Mikmacdo said:

I am a TFC fan I’m pretty sure Osorio plays on the outside. OKay bump Davies up so Hoilett is on the wing. I thought he was inside when I watched them play vs Dominica. 

Generally with The Canmnt Ossorio has played inside and Hoillet on the wing. I don't watch TFC a lot so I don't know what position he plays for club but for the national team he has been in the middle.

13 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

I am a TFC fan I’m pretty sure Osorio plays on the outside. OKay bump Davies up so Hoilett is on the wing. I thought he was inside when I watched them play vs Dominica. 

Hoilett is a winger and Osorio is a central midfielder. In rare occasions, Osorio will play a little wide, but he is very rarely out hugging the touchline. Hoilett sometimes cuts inside to do some play making, but typically he's out wide taking guys on.

• 8 months later...
27 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

I doubt Davies will get much PT at LW. Bayern just added Perisic and Coutinho. Davies will probably backup LB. 

He is the #3 LB behind Alaba(top class) & Hernandez (France starter in WC) now. 

I could even see them shifting him to RW, what helps is he has the ability to play either wing. 

I found his game was becoming incredibly polished at Bayern and much improved. I don't mind the incredible training and development he is getting there. Depending how the fall goes I could see a 6 month loan in January for minutes, but even that I'm not sure.  Renato Sanches publicly stated he wants out, that frees up some space for him if it happens.

At the same time even if a January transfer does not happen, oh well. As @Obinna mentioned in the Davies thread, don't forget Davies age. He is on pace to potentially have 50 caps by the age of 20 for a top club in the world, wow. At this point I have my faith and trust in Bayern for his long term development. 

My bad to derail thread, 100% Adekugbe should be brought in for Cuba window.

Edited by apbsmith

1 hour ago, Mikmacdo said:

I thought Hernandez was playing CB? 

It remains to be seen where Hernandez will play.

Like Pavard, he can operate at CB or FB. I expect him to see time at both, but we won't know for sure until he earns some minutes (he made the bench last game).

Sule, Boetang, Pavard have played at CB, so Hernandez can find a path to the team there, or he can battle Alaba and Davies for LB. Davies himself must battle those two and hope for chances on either wing. Gnabry, Coman, Perisic, occasionally Muller and maybe Courtinho are his competition, though I think he'll play centrally a la James Rodriguez:

RB- Kimmich (Pavard)

CB - Pavard (Boetang/Martinez)

CB - Sule (Hernandez)

LB - Alaba (Davies/Hernandez)

---------------------

LM - Coman (Perisic/Davies)

RM - Gnabry (Muller/Davies)

---------------------

DCM - Thiago (Martinez)

CM - Goretzka (Sanchez/Kimmich)

ACM - Coutinho(Goretzka/Muller/Singh)

Edited by Obinna

8 minutes ago, Obinna said:

It remains to be seen where Hernandez will play.

Like Pavard, he can operate at CB or FB. I expect him to see time at both, but we won't know for sure until he earns some minutes (he made the bench last game).

Sule, Boetang, Pavard have played at CB, so Hernandez can find a path to the team there, or he can battle Alaba and Davies for LB. Davies himself must battle those two and hope for chances on either wing. Gnabry, Coman, Perisic and maybe Courtinho are his competition, but I think he'll play centrally a la Jamez Rodriguez.

I noticed Bayern lined up in a 4-3-3 last game. Do you think there is a chance they might even roll him out as a LM and/or RM?

He has shown he can defend 1v1 just still so raw with positioning at a LB. He has also shown improvement in his passing game, and offensive talent is there. 

Will be interesting to see if he gets some minutes there. I mean Bayern played Thomas Mueller at RM on Friday. 

So I think it could be a possibility we see him get a run out there at some point.

9 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

I noticed Bayern lined up in a 4-3-3 last game. Do you think there is a chance they might even roll him out as a LM and/or RM?

Edit: By LM/RM I meant FW/RW. The 3 midfielders are all CM players. 

He has shown he can defend 1v1 just still so raw with positioning at a LB. He has also shown improvement in his passing game, and offensive talent is there. 

Will be interesting to see if he gets some minutes there. I mean Bayern played Thomas Mueller at RM on Friday. 

So I think it could be a possibility we see him get a run out there at some point.

Yeah I think Davies is going to see minutes at LM and RM along with LB. There will be a lot of games and all will be needed.

The way pre-season has went, I will be surprised if Davies doesn't exceed 20 games this season.

His athleticism is world class and we can see how the other facets of his game are already improving at Bayern.

That's why I don't want him loaned out. 

Edited by Obinna

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Highlights: 

The assist doesn't seem entirely intentional. He also puts in another nice cross for a chance earlier in the highlights.

Interesting to see that the game was played in front of a socially distanced crowd of what seems like 100 or so fans. That obviously wouldn't have much of a financial impact, but I like what it adds to the broadcast better than the fake soundtracks other leagues have been using

20 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Another 90 for Sam. I really don't get why Herdman doesn't make Sam our designated LB and just move Davies up against stronger teams

Ive never really noticed him whenever hes been on the field for us. Brassong impressed me more in the 1-2 games he played. 

38 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

Ive never really noticed him whenever hes been on the field for us. Brassong impressed me more in the 1-2 games he played. 

Bassong was certainly more adventurous going forward, but we'll see how he holds up against better teams. I am still waiting for him to earn a run of games with his club, which barely escaped relegation. 

From what I've seen of Adekugbe at Valerenga he hasn't looked fantastic just solid, so right now I think despite being inexperienced Bassong along with Miller and Solomon should all be ahead of Adekugbe in depth.

Edited by Nate3322

32 minutes ago, Nate3322 said:

Right now I think despite being inexperienced Bassong along with Miller and Solomon should all be ahead of Adekugbe in depth.

I don't even think Solomon is in the equation at this point. Adekugbe, Bassong and Miller all play at higher levels and are more familiar with the setup.

Edited by badname22

1 minute ago, badname22 said:

I son't even think Solomon is in the equation at this point. Adekugbe, Bassong and Miller all play at higher levels and are more familiar with the setup.

Eh the Israeli league is probably at the same level as the Eliteserien. Yes you're right the others are more familiar with the setup. Idk I'm just not entirely sold with Adekugbe.

26 minutes ago, Nate3322 said:

From what I've seen of Adekugbe at Valerenga he hasn't looked fantastic just solid, so right now I think despite being inexperienced Bassong along with Miller and Solomon should all be ahead of Adekugbe in depth.

Bassong may have a higher ceiling than Adekugbe, but if we have an important WCQ today I am going with Sam. Miller would arguably be a better choice.

I like what Bassong has to offer going forward, but our issue isn't scoring it is keeping the ball out of the net. I would sacrifice a little going forward in exchange for some stability, unless we are playing a minnow, then I actually want to see Bassong.

Again, I want to put the reminder out that our sample size is small with this guy, plus the lack of minutes with his club may foreshadow issues we have yet to see. I know he is young, but that's not an excuse in Belgium, where young players are given chances. What does it tell us about Bassong that he hasn't gotten more of a chance? Something? Nothing? 

I know that highlights aren't everything but I think we have something with him. He's more offensive minded so you need a more defensive Right back if you play Sam on the left.

With Davies, higher up on the left, we could be a relentless offensive threat. For me, he's more experienced and battle tested than Miller and Bassong at the position.

Edited by Ansem