CPL Stadium Thread

So in light of this https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/04/misfits-tease-los-angeles-stadium-show/?fbclid=IwAR13yDmOXua6GbN45FJKgipKWQfStkrDuxcS6opBlYLLgNhWFtwM0BxdSbU how long do you think until some music promoter decides "I want to use your stadium for this kickass music festival' and the operating CPL team says yes? Also how would moves like this make you guys feel? I'm pretty fine with it

Edited by matty

1 hour ago, matty said:

... how long do you think until some music promoter decides "I want to use your stadium for this kickass music festival' and the operating CPL team says yes? Also how would moves like this make you guys feel? I'm pretty fine with it

1. Out here on the Best Coast, PFC doesn't own the venue so has little to no say in the matter.

2. Why wouldn't it be cool for the stadiums to make more revenue? 

11 minutes ago, ted said:

1. Out here on the Best Coast, PFC doesn't own the venue so has little to no say in the matter.

2. Why wouldn't it be cool for the stadiums to make more revenue? 

yea not all teams have say but yea i can't see anyone here having a "real issue" if say wanderers grounds stadium got booked for weekend music festival thing. sure someone would say "this is bad for the pitch"

i'm actually surprised more events don't happen at mls stadiums. i get bmo not having shows (budweiser stage is like a km away) but like has saputo ever hosted anything? also just to wrestling nerd here a bit, i don't get why wwe doesn't use mls stadiums for summerslam. it would get 35-40k and it would actually make the show feel special unlike an arena.

Edited by matty

Pacific FC hopes purple reigns on home turf

All our seats will be purple, and all season ticket purchasers get a jersey, so it’s going to look great,” said Simpson.

Speaking of seats, Simpson is adamant that 6,000 will be in place at Westhills Stadium in time for the franchise inaugural game April 28 against HFX Wanderers of Halifax. But he openly admits it’s going to be a race to the finish.

“There are a lot of logistics involved, but absolutely the stadium will be ready for play,” said Simpson.

“A lot of people are referencing the same situation as Save-on-Foods Memorial Centre, where workers were working up to the last minute before the first event in 2005 [a Rod Stewart concert].”

Quipped Simpson: “There could be some wet paint signs.”

But they will be in purple.

Simpson said Pacific FC has surpassed the 1,000 plateau in season tickets and that more than 2,500 tickets have been sold so far for the inaugural game in the 28th.

https://www.timescolonist.com/sports/pacific-fc-hopes-purple-reigns-on-home-turf-1.23781607

6 hours ago, Big_M said:

How in the world is that supposed to be ready in two weeks

I haven't been there so I don't know the situation, but in general I construction, once the groundwork has been done, it can go pretty fast. Just a matter of assembling the parts and pieces and a little adjustments here and there. Although it's tight, it can be done. Unfortunately a completely built stadium could generate some media-attention, which they could use by the looks of it. 

18 hours ago, nas said:

Can we get Ted or a few more Lake Side Buoys to make a foray out into the western hinterland and give us a few picks of what is going on?

Was also thinking that in the 2nd week of May we have rugby there as well, so it has to be right asap.

edit: I just changed my post to react to Ted laughing, so basically I lost what I said originally. This looks like it is to make Ted look silly for laughing, but it is just because I screwed up.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Really want some serious trials before launching so yeah, seem to be cutting things a little close.  Sure it will all be fine but easy to understand why you'd want to work out as many bugs as possible before hand and there is no substitute for a real life 3D model to work with.

Can't help but recall they had to send in the tradesmen to tighten all the fasteners at BMO Field after a couple of matchs