Shamit Shome

shermanator

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Impact are on tv in the U.K. today. Really looking forward to seeing how he and the other young Canadians play. 

Neither Shome, Choinière, ZBG nor Bayiha are in. You'll get to see Piette. And Choinière is usually subbed in at some point.

https://twitter.com/impactmontreal/status/1117096197062373379

Edited by Shakmur

• 3 weeks later...

What's there to discuss? The game thereafter wasn't even in the selection (maybe picked up an injury?).

He's still hitting ups 'n downs yet at the same time he's getting more minutes then I expected and after Piette he's the Canadian fighting for most minutes with Bayiha. 

1 hour ago, Macksam said:

He scored his first goal the other day against the Revolution. Surprised nobody mentioned it....I'm guessing the nature of the goal is the reason, lol.

Anyhow, discuss.

Well he didn't give up on the play, and ended up in the right place at the right time. That's something.

12 hours ago, shamrock said:

What's there to discuss? The game thereafter wasn't even in the selection (maybe picked up an injury?).

I didn't see the game so was just wondering what everybody's opinion of him was....those who saw the match that is.

11 minutes ago, Macksam said:

I didn't see the game so was just wondering what everybody's opinion of him was....those who saw the match that is.

Definitely been playing a lot better than his first game this year against SKC. And the reason he didn't play this past weekend is that he did pick up a slight knock against New England. 

He seems to have Garde's trust this year. Recently Wandrille Lefèvre said on twitter that he's one of the more gifted technical players on the team and could be a big surprise this year.  Shome should be getting more minutes this year, especially when Piette leaves for the Gold Cup this summer.

5 minutes ago, yothat2 said:

Another Start. Kinda of Invisible to me.

Was thinking the same. Been disappointed. Doesn't seem very hungry and ambles round a bit lots of times waiting for the ball to come to him. He and piette have been switching sides a lot. Had a half chance at goal but got bullied by mattocks. 

As I type his pass was nice in the build up to the impact goal. 

3 hours ago, shamrock said:

On another day he would have had two assists last night with two perfectly weighted balls on Urruti, who squandered them. He's getting stronger and stronger and I suspect he's in the 40 man roster. 

I don't see him making the 40 - it's a wonderful time, we can debate whether a guy playing regularly in MLS even makes the 40 man roster. #allezlesrouges

• 2 weeks later...

Another full game and his time with an assist on the goal and an assist on the play that caused the penalty. He's becoming a game-changer if he can keep this up. Great to see him getting this series of starts and making progress. 

Still think he should have been in the 40, but on the bright side he can continue his playing streak in Montreal and get in form for the U23's in October.

The problem (I don’t know if this is a problem) is our midfield depth is at an all time high and our development program seems to be great at constantly developing ever more quality CM.

Compared to 5-8 years ago its a complete embarrassment of talent riches that we have at CM right now and Shome is part of it.  We really have something going on well with our program.

I do love how Shome has come this year though and seized the opportunity 

• 1 month later...