Shamit Shome

shermanator

53 minutes ago, Shakmur said:

Shome went the full 90 in IMFC's 3-0 loss against NYCFC, Wednesday.

He didnt do all that well. His defensive work rate was lacking and he was directly responsible for one of the goals.

I only caught the first half...which goal was he directly responsible for?? 

2 hours ago, Shakmur said:

Shome went the full 90 in IMFC's 3-0 loss against NYCFC, Wednesday.

He didnt do all that well. His defensive work rate was lacking and he was directly responsible for one of the goals.

You can't pinpoint the loss in NYC on one player. The team was changed on multiple positions.

I thought it was positive to see him play out the entire game. 

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

I only caught the first half...which goal was he directly responsible for?? 

I suspect he's referring to the first goal but he would be one several players that could be blamed.

I thought Shome looked good when he had the ball but unfortunately he wasn't given it enough in an overall poor team effort IMO.

58 minutes ago, shamrock said:

You can't pinpoint the loss in NYC on one player. The team was changed on multiple positions.

I thought it was positive to see him play out the entire game. 

Agreed. That was his very first MLS start. Let’s give him a break.

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, Blackdude said:

Choinière wasn't training with the team earlier in the week. I wouldn't be surprised that it's why they went with Shome. 

Unfortunately Shome not having a great game very invisible out there, although Montreal not playing well at all. But like I’ve said many times when given the chance to play you have to take it and run with it, right now Shome unfortunately not seizing the moment. Sometimes some players just ain’t good enough for this level    , hopefully Shome will eventually start to shine.

1 hour ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

Every single Impact player was terrible that game. It was not just Shamit. The defensive line was absolutely terrible, and the midfield couldn't move the ball to save their lives. If I was to pick on any one player, it wouldn't be Shamit. It is too bad that the whole team fell apart all at once when he gets a start.

Shome was definitely not the worst Montréal player in that game, but the problem is that he was virtually invisible. That’s why Garde subbed him off quite early. But he’s young and I hope he improves. Mathieu Choinière is clearly ahead of him as the number one backup in midfield.

Being invisible in a game like that isnt the worst thing, not when you have a CB either doing the OLE defense or giving up on plays.  It still makes sense they brought him off, give another youngster a shot as the game was lost by that point.  Too bad for him to finally get minutes in the game that the entire team was so discombobulated.  There were others that were so much worse, but I doubt they will be nailed to the bench as he probably will be.  

9 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Being invisible in a game like that isnt the worst thing, not when you have a CB either doing the OLE defense or giving up on plays.  It still makes sense they brought him off, give another youngster a shot as the game was lost by that point.  Too bad for him to finally get minutes in the game that the entire team was so discombobulated.  There were others that were so much worse, but I doubt they will be nailed to the bench as he probably will be.  

The thing is, the others have played before and done well. He hasn't. He's played one game and that was the one everyone wants to forget about asap. 

He has to forget about it and move on, try and handle his piece of the puzzle better even if high priced internationals are playing like donkeys around him.  I dont follow the impact as much as the other clubs (i never get them on my cable) but it sure seems like Garde nailed Hamel to the bench even when he had been producing (his amazing run in 2017).  Maybe I am out to lunch but its hard not to be on the side of the local players.  Cabrera makes 270, takes up an INT spot, while Piette makes 130, starts every game and plays well (95% of the time).  Shome gets 200min last year to prove himself.  And TMG keeps getting sent to the USL and he was very good for the fury last year.  Hate to see our kids on such a short leash while MLS loudly proclaims "we play our kids".  

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

He has to forget about it and move on, try and handle his piece of the puzzle better even if high priced internationals are playing like donkeys around him.  I dont follow the impact as much as the other clubs (i never get them on my cable) but it sure seems like Garde nailed Hamel to the bench even when he had been producing (his amazing run in 2017).  Maybe I am out to lunch but its hard not to be on the side of the local players.  Cabrera makes 270, takes up an INT spot, while Piette makes 130, starts every game and plays well (95% of the time).  Shome gets 200min last year to prove himself.  And TMG keeps getting sent to the USL and he was very good for the fury last year.  Hate to see our kids on such a short leash while MLS loudly proclaims "we play our kids".  

We had a good start despite the last game but it still seems dependent on two or three players. Shome has the potential and skills to be an MLS player but it is yet to be seen whether he can reach that level of play. However, I would say the exact same thing about Cabrera, he has the skills and technique to be an MLS player but has not yet reached the level of play to be considered an MLS level player. Yet he is paid a high salary and is taking up an international spot. The strange thing is that he was renewed in the offseason to the surprise of everyone who thought he would be released and that we would use his overpaid salary to get someone better. Camacho also does not seem to be a MLS level player so far despite being a starting CB in Belgium. Diallo seems good but our second best CB after him seems to be Raitala who is really a left back. I have no idea what Garde was thinking in the offseason as far as improving the defense. Even more frustrating is that we let Fanni go who along with Piatti and Piette was our best player last year. I am still not sold on Garde even though 6 points from 4 road games is a good result. It just seems too dependent on a few good players having good games as opposed to us having a good team

13 hours ago, shamrock said:

Without Piatti it's a lot less. But to be fair, that also comes with the DP-system. 

Yes but a good management team builds a good team to surround the DPs. In Garde's case he just lucked out with inheriting arguably the top player in MLS and has not done enough to build a good team around him that can withstand his absence. 

Edited by Grizzly