Shamit Shome

shermanator

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

I think Matt Doyle is pretty good overall, arguably the best of that panel (I don't miss an episode of ETR), but I don't always agree with his points.

To be honest, I have not watched Shome close enough to disagree with him, but the fact he was injured during the combine should not be overlooked.

I do love him because he feels that Jay Chapman is criminally underused by Toronto.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Blackdude said:

I think it could mean multiple things. Donadel's on the disabled list. They might think that without Donadel, they do want to have him. That's pretty much the only thing I'm taking for the move.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/rosters/2018/montreal-impact

I still have faith in Donadel, but Garde has been known for developing and playing youth. No better way to test the kid than to stick him in next to Piette and let him sink or swim in the Impact's midfield. 

2 minutes ago, ChrisinOrleans said:

I still have faith in Donadel, but Garde has been known for developing and playing youth. No better way to test the kid than to stick him in next to Piette and let him sink or swim in the Impact's midfield. 

What do you mean faith in Donadel. He's pretty much injured so the Impact could have Camacho and Silva on their roster.

• 2 months later...
52 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Nice read but shows he is still a long way from getting solid playing time, albeit a step in the right direction. He has some great tools if he can have the playing time to develop them.

How does it show that?  It says he’s growing as a player and finally put in his first solid shift for the first team.. also hints that with more matches in July including Voyageurs cup he will see action.

Sorry I meant consistent when I said solid. 

He had great reviews and featured alot pre-season. I was surprised he seemed to be dropped without consideration when seasons started, especially after their poor first half of the season. Had hoped he would get more minutes. like you and the article state he shouldn't some v-cup minutes and his performance can only help him get more but it's been a tougher ride than it looked like it was going to be.

11 hours ago, shamrock said:

He's the kind of player you notice more when he's not playing. Nothing flashy at all but he keeps the game flowing and barely misses a pass. Tactically strong. I think his big block at Montreal has been Piette performing strong. 

Well Piette is a CDM, Shome is more of box to box. It's Krolicki who's been taking minutes away from Shome.

On 7/7/2018 at 5:53 PM, shamrock said:

Well as I sorta agree with you, Lagarde sees otherwise

No he doesn't...... Against Sporting KC Krolicki moved to CDM when Piette went off injured and Shome did play a more box to box role. Against Colorado this past weekend Garde took Taider off and put Shome on in a like for like sub where Shome had a more attacking role than Piette.

In his 12 minute cameo against Colorado Shome didn't do as much offensively as in his previous outing but put in another decent shift. Could consider him partially to blame for the Colorado goal due to his missed header on the Colorado set piece that lead to the goal.

He'll definitely be getting more minutes if Garde sticks with the 4-3-3 formation because Montreal only has 5 CM on the roster currently and last I checked Beland-Goyette was injured so 4 healthy CM. With a stretch of 6 games in 18 days coming up rotation will definitely be needed.

He started alongside Piette in most of the friendlies which is why it was a bit of a shock Krolicki got the nod for the opening day and following weeks. Not that Krolicki did bad but Shome got good reviews pre-season, seemed a bit odd. Hopefully he does get a few more minutes coming up. 

Wouldn't be a surprise for him to be loaned to the CPL next year if the minutes don't improve. Garde will want to bring more players that will likely block Shome's minutes, that said Garde was a great advocate of promoting youth at Lyon so who knows. If Shamit has "it" (being a touch more than just raw potential in Gardes eyes) then he will get his chance.

17 hours ago, toontownman said:

He started alongside Piette in most of the friendlies which is why it was a bit of a shock Krolicki got the nod for the opening day and following weeks. Not that Krolicki did bad but Shome got good reviews pre-season, seemed a bit odd. Hopefully he does get a few more minutes coming up. 

Wouldn't be a surprise for him to be loaned to the CPL next year if the minutes don't improve. Garde will want to bring more players that will likely block Shome's minutes, that said Garde was a great advocate of promoting youth at Lyon so who knows. If Shamit has "it" (being a touch more than just raw potential in Gardes eyes) then he will get his chance.

There's only so many international slots to go around for Canadian MLS teams, even if there is a sliver of a chance he might be needed I think he stays.