Shamit Shome

shermanator

• 3 months later...
35 minutes ago, lazlo_80 said:

I'm a Toronto FC fan, but man... I'm going to be watching alot of Montreal games this year with all those Canadians playing for them.

It will definitely feel like a little brother rivalry this year with Montreal......You know he won't ever beat you, but you hope he does well against other opponents.

2 hours ago, Ivan said:

Did anyone watch the game?  How did the Canadian boys look?  I see a few others came off the bench for the second half (AJH, Choiniere, Bahiya).

Haven't had the time to watch it yet, but you can do so here:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/02/14/watch-chicago-fire-vs-montreal-impact-preseason-florida

Hopefully there is plenty of evidence there of him striking the ball well, as it would be a shame for Shamit Shome to shank a shot.

1 hour ago, Soccerpro said:

I like all the Canadians Montreal are playing but they need to improve the quality of their defenders.

Additionally, Piatti goes down injured, who will create?? Depth is needed.

David Choinière plays Piatti's position. Very good young player, but so far in his MLS career has had very little playing time.

4 minutes ago, matty said:

I'm going to make a bold but educated prediction and say that by June every Montreal fan will be screaming for the Impact to stop playing Canadians

Piatti and Taider are the team. If they stay healthy, I think our boys might be able to hold it down around them.

The backline has dumpster fire potential though, and might bring the whole team down around it. 

3 minutes ago, Craig11rm said:

I’m excited to see so many young Canadian’s with good potential building chemistry in Montreal. Piette, Shome, Petrasso, Jackson-Hamel and Edwards. Everyone always wants Toronto to give their young Canadians more playing time....

I hope they'll offer a contract to Canadian forward Gabriel Balbinotti, who played for their U-19 academy team. They could send him on loan to a USL team.

3 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I would care more about a Montreal team that is losing with Canadians than I would for a more successful team playing others.   

Are you even a fan of Montreal? I'm sorry, but I'd much rather have my team (Toronto) win the treble than start Hamilton, Chapman, and Roberts in net. Although, I disagree with some decisions, like letting go Edwards instead of one of our defenders and Spencer getting time in front of Hamilton. Many were outraged at the fact that Bono was given the place instead of Roberts, but the fact was he is better than him and better players deserve to start.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, canta15 said:

Many were outraged at the fact that Bono was given the place instead of Roberts, but the fact was he is better than him and better players deserve to start.

"Why isn't [Canadian youngster who I've seen 100 minutes of] being given the chance over [player deemed superior by an MLS level coaching staff]? [Club or coach] hates Canada!" will give me an aneurysm one day. 

When people want to like a player they look at what he isn't doing wrong rather than what he is doing right, and overrated the player as a result. I call it Ben McKendry Disorder.

Edited by harrycoyster

9 hours ago, matty said:

I'm going to make a bold but educated prediction and say that by June every Montreal fan will be screaming for the Impact to stop playing Canadians

I predict you will be very wrong about that. I think the Canadians we have now like Piette and AJH are very good MLS players and a couple of the signings like Edwards and Petrasso will show themselves to be MLS starting calibre. Hopefully a few of the others like Shome will step up and impress but I don't think we are depending on them as key players. The areas where the team is lacking are not really the areas where we are relying on Canadians. This is a young team with a lot of changes so it is difficult to predict how good we will be but I think if we struggle it will not be because of the number or quality of the Canadians we have, it will be because we are lacking in quality foreigners to surround them.