Michael Petrasso

masster

44 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Me too and as an aside, I am pretty disappointed in TFC not making more moves for Canadians this window. I hope they don't sit on their laurels while other teams keep improving.

Although TFC have invested heavily in their Academy and therefore Canadian youth, it is indeed disappointing that, on the surface at least, they have not made more effort to retain or sign more Canadian players..... I realize that most TFC fans just want to win and are less concerned about Canadian development but you can do both. Not protecting Edwards is an example...he was only the team's brightest young player, but they choose to protect 3 CBS instead

3 hours ago, Kadenge said:

Although TFC have invested heavily in their Academy and therefore Canadian youth, it is indeed disappointing that, on the surface at least, they have not made more effort to retain or sign more Canadian players..... I realize that most TFC fans just want to win and are less concerned about Canadian development but you can do both. Not protecting Edwards is an example...he was only the team's brightest young player, but they choose to protect 3 CBS instead

Crap, now TFC hates Canada too?!

I think the big problem is that the gap in quality between academy/USL and MLS is just too great, or at least this is how managers like Robbo and Vanney seem to see it, and as a result our young prospects are not getting much of a chance with the senior sides. They need an intermediary option that challenges and helps them take the next step towards MLS.  

20 minutes ago, dsqpr said:

Squad is much too big, which has finally been realized after 20 years and many many millions of pounds paid to players who never play. Under the FFP hammer, QPR are finally trimming numbers.

Very good thing for Petrasso, IMHO. Better to be playing every week in League One/Two than not playing at QPR. And frankly, I think that is his level right now.

Agree Doug! When he wasn't getting in to the 1st team squad and stopped featuring for the U23's where he was doing quite well I figured something was in the works! I'm sure as it was posted that this is a mutually agreed contract termination, good for both parties, I think he'll do well in MLS if he can stay healthy!

14 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

I've been calling for TFC to sign him ever since they lost Edwards. He would be a perfect fit for the team, which needs more Canucks on it for various reasons

Exactly.... Throw in Mark-Anthony Kaye @Gian-Luca... I once saw a tweet about how he would be a perfect fit for TFC... He's another that TFC should consider imho

10 hours ago, mpg_29 said:

he is a better version of Edwards

@mpg_29 Prolly more proven as he's gotten a little more opportunities to prove himself compared to Edwards... Certainly at the national level this past GC plus in olympic and youth teams... Maybe early on with QPR too??? And certainly within the TFC academy or whatever... Yet I hear a lot of people talking highly about Edwards and that he is a guy with a fair bit of upside, Petrasso-comparable or both... I don't know... He just hasn't been given the opportunity yet, but has a shot now with the Impact come this season... Or you mean Petrasso is better than Edwards at a particular position??... Will like you to clarify that????... Not to say Petrasso is not any good, I think he is a very good player and have been very impressed in fact with his performances with the CANMNT this past GC plus the Jamaica friendly... He'll get my honourable mention of the current crop of CANMNters without a doubt... Just a little confused about the Edwards comparison, that's all...

10 hours ago, Kadenge said:

Wow..Montreal becomes Canada's team...and this from someone who has lived in Toronto  from the start of TFC joining MLS. I am going to watch every one of their games this season.....

@Kadenge Might become my second MLS team too despite living for as far as I can remember in the GTA and still within Ontario and GTA

Just now, Bison44 said:

Osorio and Chapman have a hard enough time finding minutes, Kaye would be in the same boat.  Thats why I didnt mind seeing Edwards move on, very crowded Midfield with not much room for error at TFC.  Plus if they wanted kaye they wouldnt have let him go in the first place.  

Seriously. Kaye was 15th on his team in minutes in USL last season. He isn't even a USL starter yet. I get that people want Canadians to move up the ranks, but let's be realistic. Kaye isn't even a top 50 player in USL right now, you think he will ever see the field for the best team in MLS? Let the kid show out in USL and earn his promotion.

8 hours ago, CNMNTPERUELIGIBLE said:

@mpg_29 Prolly more proven as he's gotten a little more opportunities to prove himself compared to Edwards... Certainly at the national level this past GC plus in olympic and youth teams... Maybe early on with QPR too??? And certainly within the TFC academy or whatever... Yet I hear a lot of people talking highly about Edwards and that he is a guy with a fair bit of upside, Petrasso-comparable or both... I don't know... He just hasn't been given the opportunity yet, but has a shot now with the Impact come this season... Or you mean Petrasso is better than Edwards at a particular position??... Will like you to clarify that????... Not to say Petrasso is not any good, I think he is a very good player and have been very impressed in fact with his performances with the CANMNT this past GC plus the Jamaica friendly... He'll get my honourable mention of the current crop of CANMNters without a doubt... Just a little confused about the Edwards comparison, that's all...

From what I seen at this past GC from Petrasso it I was more impressed than anything I have seen from Edwards. And I watch TFC fairly regularly.

2 hours ago, jpg75 said:

He missed part of the season due to injury. He was a starter when he was healthy.

I suppose we should note that he also missed part of the USL season with the Gold Cup which most of his teammates wouldn’t have been away for. Although I still don’t see TFC getting him back any time soon I was more hopeful about Petrasso

6 hours ago, jpg75 said:

What if he goes to Montreal and does well, couldn't he end up at Bologna? I think he has an Italian passport...

I like how we're talking about a guy who couldn't get a minute in the Championship going to Serie A now. :D

Let's set realistic expectations and be pleasantly surprised if something like that ever happens.

4 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

I like how we're talking about a guy who couldn't get a minute in the Championship going to Serie A now. :D

Let's set realistic expectations and be pleasantly surprised if something like that ever happens.

I've been high on Petrasso since the U17WC in 2011. He's had some injury setbacks and got lost in the shuffle at QPR. I stand by my statement, the guy can play at an MLS level and if he shows well why not get a sniff? He's too young and skilled to be talking about League Two England...

20 hours ago, badname22 said:

I don't see why Kaye would be a good fit? 

Sorry, i'm not clear @badname22.... You mean you don't think he would be a good fit for TFC???... No harm if you think so, i just saw once a rumour via a tweet about him signing for TFC... Curious to know why you think he wouldn't be a good fit if you think that way, lol