Michael Petrasso

masster

Petrasso started today against FC Gronigen but then left early with an injury right before halftime

On the QPR message board his play was well-received, including one individual saying Petrasso was arguably QPR's best player!

Hopefully, it's a minor injury.

Edited by Floortom

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/7/2016 at 5:49 AM, Floortom said:

Didn't make the squad for today's opener. QPR also just added Yeni Ngbakoto - another one who will be ahead of Petrasso.

Ngbakoto doesn't have that great pedigree, coming from the French 2nd tier. I'd say him and Petrasso will probably be in direct competition.

1 hour ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Ngbakoto doesn't have that great pedigree, coming from the French 2nd tier. I'd say him and Petrasso will probably be in direct competition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeni_Ngbakoto

He looks much more proven to Petrasso, although I have not seen him play. 

He has over 40 youth caps for France and played for Metz who just got promoted this year. He is the same age as Osorio and has over double the number of professional appearances and has scored over 50 league goals.

I think Petrasso will have a battle...

On August 8, 2016 at 10:25 AM, Bertuzzi44 said:

Ngbakoto starts today and scored a goal in QPR's 4-2 victory in EFL cup. Petrasso didn't make the squad

• 1 month later...

Just putting this tidbit in the Petrasso thread, since we were all worried about why Petrasso had been out of the 18 at QPR lately.

"Samuel Adekugbe (21), Jay Chapman (22), Will Johnson (29), Ben McKendry (23), Michael Petrasso (21), and Russell Teibert (23) were invited to camp, but unavailable through injuries."

http://canadasoccer.com/canada-soccer-announces-men-s-national-team-squad-for-october-p159959

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Why don't we just start a squad in the Gold Cup that contains every professional player who's made the bench in any league? We can nickname the team the Oprah 11 because YOU GET A START! YOU GET A START! YOU GET A START!

Petrasso is not on my Gold Cup roster now in my books. He is, at best, a fringe player on the roster through injury, and is not starting unless all of Hoilett, Hutch, Johnson, Akindele, Ricketts, Osorio,  Aird, Petrasso, Bustos, Aleman, Tabla, Davies and whatever flavor of the week are unavailable. The fact is, he has played 289 minutes in the last 2 years. For me, that's not enough time to start, or even see the bench, in a Gold Cup match. 

Yes, he has been injured, but QPR only seem to want him to see the pitch when they are experimenting for next year. Cheeky chip in Qatar or not, he's regressed over the last 2 years, and needs to move somewhere where he can get minutes to progress and get back in the conversation.

Edited by shermanator