Michael Petrasso

masster

14 minutes ago, masster said:

Yeah, so good to see that he was finally breaking into the first team. Too bad that this was just the interim coach :-(. Same problem for Junior actually!

3 hours ago, Soccerpro said:

How does a player get experience if his coach won't play him because he doesn't have it? That doesn't sound promising.

To be fair Petrasso was never really expect to start every week for them. In fact i would have been happy with sporadic substitute appearances. For a guy who is only 20 and isn't ready to get called up by Floro he was playing way above his expectations. ~90% of the Canadian national team play below the Championships' level. Also the coach is just trying to say he isn't ready to start but luckily in a year or 2 he will be. From what i saw his performances were just average so i would understand why the coach would want to make the switch and just substitute him on to "gain more experience"

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Who would you drop....Kianz?

He might be the one to be dropped due to match fitness at that time.  But I'm not convinced because Kianz can play the CM role the way Floro likes plus he can be depth on the wing.

With Petrasso the only role he can play in our system is left wing so that makes it tough for him to get into the squad, especially since with Hoilett there is little chance of him starting and Akindele is a pretty good option off the bench as is.

39 minutes ago, Keegan said:

He might be the one to be dropped due to match fitness at that time.  But I'm not convinced because Kianz can play the CM role the way Floro likes plus he can be depth on the wing.

With Petrasso the only role he can play in our system is left wing so that makes it tough for him to get into the squad, especially since with Hoilett there is little chance of him starting and Akindele is a pretty good option off the bench as is.

I thought about this, but when you have Will, Atiba, JDG, Teibert, Piette and even Straith who all play in the middle. It makes me believe that Kianz is a very deep, deep reserve, and would be one of the last options to come in the middle. Personally I would play Trafford over him. 

Then you look at the crop of our wingers,  and you'll realize we only have 3 in Hoilett, Tesho, and Ricketts.

I'm all about the competition for spots, and having like player options -  baring any injuries in mind, they can be replaced with a like player rather than playing someone out of position, which we tend to do. 

5 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

I thought about this, but when you have Will, Atiba, JDG, Teibert, Piette and even Straith who all play in the middle. It makes me believe that Kianz is a very deep, deep reserve, and would be one of the last options to come in the middle. Personally I would play Trafford over him. 

Then you look at the crop of our wingers,  and you'll realize we only have 3 in Hoilett, Tesho, and Ricketts.

I'm all about the competition for spots, and having like player options -  baring any injuries in mind, they can be replaced with a like player rather than playing someone out of position, which we tend to do. 

I'd add Tissot to the list of wingers.

Canadian U-20 Player of the Year winner. Ahead of Larin sort of surprising, but hopefully Petraasso breaks into the first team for QPR and Canada. He REALLY impressed me in the U-23 CONCACAF tournament, really the only time I've seen him play and he was better than anyone on USA and could probably start on Mexico U-23 team

1 hour ago, michaeltfc91 said:

Canadian U-20 Player of the Year winner. Ahead of Larin sort of surprising, but hopefully Petraasso breaks into the first team for QPR and Canada. He REALLY impressed me in the U-23 CONCACAF tournament, really the only time I've seen him play and he was better than anyone on USA and could probably start on Mexico U-23 team

You might be able to watch him play tomorrow as QPR take on Brighton tomorrow, shown BeinTV.

5 hours ago, michaeltfc91 said:

If Larin is not the U-20 player of the year than it surely means he's the men's player of the year. Petrasso was great in Olympic qualifiers but had a really rough year otherwise until a few weeks ago.

Edited by shermanator

2 minutes ago, shermanator said:

If Larin is not the U-20 player of the year than it surely means he's the men's player of the year. Petrasso was great in Olympic qualifiers but had a really rough year otherwise until a few weeks ago.

Great Olympic qualifiers and a better U20 tournament than Larin too.  I can't see Larin beating out Hutchinson for Men's player of the year either.