Michael Petrasso

masster

4 minutes ago, lazlo_80 said:

Interested to hear your explanation for this. Larin's ass helped us beat Honduras.

At the U20 qualifiers Petrasso was probably our best player even if he was snakebit in the goal dept. Larin was our second best forward behind Hamilton.

This is just plain ridiculous. With all do respect for Petrasso, who looks like the real deal. 

Larin gets the #1 pick, but handles the pressure well. So well, that he beats the MLS rookie goalscoring record with 17 goals, becomes MLS Rookie of the year AND plays and scores for Canada in a WC qualifier. What more can a kid do to get some votes?

4 hours ago, shamrock said:

This is just plain ridiculous. With all do respect for Petrasso, who looks like the real deal. 

Larin gets the #1 pick, but handles the pressure well. So well, that he beats the MLS rookie goalscoring record with 17 goals, becomes MLS Rookie of the year AND plays and scores for Canada in a WC qualifier. What more can a kid do to get some votes?

Score on an open net against El Salvador in the Gold Cup?

• 1 month later...

Matt Phillips was used usually as a striker in a 4-2-3-1 formation, but since the arrival of the new coach, he's, been playing as the right AMF. If he goes to another club, I don't think Petrasso is going to be a starter but he should see more playing time, unless QPR brings players in his position.

24 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

I think if Phillips is moved then Petrasso goes from being the 5th winger to the 4th winger.  He would become a regular sub for the rest of the season I'd guess.

Thats still a good place for his age and experience.

that assumes they don't bring anyone else in ahead of Petrasso. Seeing as they would have lost their top two scorers in Austin and Phillips that seems unlikely.

i think Petrasso needs to go on loan again.

If Philips goes I would expect Petrasso to get lots more playing time as a wide man, Hoilett is the only other true wing option atm, if Phillips stays a loan might be a good option! I'm not sure what JFH thinks of him, he has included him in most of his squads which is encouraging but he hasn't played much of a part yet!

• 2 weeks later...

So far, QPR have transferred out Charlie Austin, a striker, Leroy Fer, an (attacking) central midfielder, and Sandro, another central midfielder. They've brought in a lower league striker who played for JFH at Burton. Matt Phillips and Junior Hoilett are still there, barring a very last-minute deal. Not sure if any of this has any bearing on Petrasso's situation regarding playing time. 

Edited by SthMelbRed

1 hour ago, SthMelbRed said:

So far, QPR have transferred out Charlie Austin, a striker, Leroy Fer, an (attacking) central midfielder, and Sandro, another central defender. They've brought in a lower league striker who played for JFH at Burton. Matt Phillips and Junior Hoilett are still there, barring a very last-minute deal. Not sure if any of this has any bearing on Petrasso's situation regarding playing time. 

With Fer gone hopefully Petrasso gets some more playing time.

4 hours ago, Obinna said:

Fer plays centrally doesn't he?

Yes but I believe he can also be used out wide. Many QPR fans want to see Hoilett played in the middle though as that's where he was successful at Blackburn and where he looks best at QPR. That move would open up a wing spot for Petrasso but I believe there is still one more guy in front of Junior centrally.

37 minutes ago, BradMack said:

Yes but I believe he can also be used out wide. Many QPR fans want to see Hoilett played in the middle though as that's where he was successful at Blackburn and where he looks best at QPR. That move would open up a wing spot for Petrasso but I believe there is still one more guy in front of Junior centrally.

Tell us more about how Junior is successful in the middle, all I have seen is him on the wing. Does he play behind the striker, as an attacking mid, or up front?

26 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Tell us more about how Junior is successful in the middle, all I have seen is him on the wing. Does he play behind the striker, as an attacking mid, or up front?

Second Striker/ Attacking mid. He just seems so much better utilized in the middle and has featured once for QPR in the middle this season. A lot of fans at QPR complain about his inability to put in a decent cross and his play being more tame out wide, perhaps hes taking less risks than he used to. check out this highlight reel of his, you'll notice only 2 goals come from wing play and one of them he basically carried the ball to the middle of the field after receiving the ball out wide. 

I could see him moving to the middle really benefiting QPR and also opening up a spot for Petrasso. I don't think he'll ever play centrally for Canada though as I believe Floro is too scared to actually go at teams. I would really like to see how we could attack with Larin up top, Hoilett behind him and Tesho/Petrasso/Ricketts on the wings.....

18 minutes ago, pint said:

Once JDG retires from the team moving hoilett to the middle and putting either johnson or atiba at DM. Arfield on one wing and Petrasso/Tesho our on the right. 

Probably too attacking for Floro but would be a hell of a lineup. 

That's how I play in FIFA16, hehe :D

Hoilett and Fer had been interchanging positions frequently under JFH, with Fer gone it will be interesting to see how QPR set up now! Connor Washington has come in and looked good in his brief appearances playing wide and as a second striker, Nasser El Khayati was signed from JFH's old club Burton Albion and he is a wide playing forward! I am getting a feeling that Petrasso is not in the plans and if that is the case he should be loaned out immediately!

12 hours ago, BradMack said:

Second Striker/ Attacking mid. He just seems so much better utilized in the middle and has featured once for QPR in the middle this season. A lot of fans at QPR complain about his inability to put in a decent cross and his play being more tame out wide, perhaps hes taking less risks than he used to. check out this highlight reel of his, you'll notice only 2 goals come from wing play and one of them he basically carried the ball to the middle of the field after receiving the ball out wide

I could see him moving to the middle really benefiting QPR and also opening up a spot for Petrasso. I don't think he'll ever play centrally for Canada though as I believe Floro is too scared to actually go at teams. I would really like to see how we could attack with Larin up top, Hoilett behind him and Tesho/Petrasso/Ricketts on the wings.....

Thanks for the opinion. England still tends to prefer to get past your defender on the wing and cross in, and if you don't you are not doing your job; a lot of the rest of the world prefers to have wingers on the wrong foot turn in and not look for the endline. But Floro is a bit of both.

I think Floro things if we risk up the middle we are more exposed to the counter, so better to work creatively or energetically from the sides and look for the striker that way. If we lose it, it is easier to contain that way. We really do not have a place in the attacking mid, also because for him that would be to dedicate 4 guys to the attack and it is too many for him, the attacking mid essentially has to be a strong two-way mid who can also, if necessary, get forward (Johnson, Hutch). 

• 5 months later...