Tristan Borges

SCF08

He's outgrown CPL. Just because he didn't stick with a Belgian Pro League side doesn't mean he's forced to go back where he came from. If he did come back to North America it should be MLS .. if that's not an option he should use his Portuguese passport to his benefit and go to one of the many leagues there. B3 would be a nice move for him or go to a league like Finland if you're looking for a first division opportunity.

I wonder if his reputation will automatically be enhanced by virtue of simply being part of the club? OHL were 5th last time I checked the table.

I'm not convinced Vancouver is the best fit for him, but he should certainly consider if they make an offer.

It probably makes the most sense for him to join a Belgian Pro league B team. He's probably already settled to life in Belgium by now. The 3.Liga in Germany may be his level football-wise, but off the field he would have to settle once again. 

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Tbf guys he’s only on loan from Leuven. That means they still value him enough to not just hand him back

Win win for him, he gets to play, to raise his stock, keeps his wages, and perhaps secure a move elsewhere.

the league gets top player back which is what they wanted because they want to raise the caliber. Forge improves their offence, everyone is happy.

15 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Tbf guys he’s only on loan from Leuven. That means they still value him enough to not just hand him back

Agreed. They probably determine he's not yet at the level to compete for a Belgian First Division A club right now, but they're not prepared to toss away their investment, which makes sense. 

3 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Win win for him, he gets to play, to raise his stock, keeps his wages, and perhaps secure a move elsewhere.

the league gets top player back which is what they wanted because they want to raise the caliber. Forge improves their offence, everyone is happy.

Only negative is for the fans who have to listen to another season of "its Borges, it's gorgeous", drives me nuts

42 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Except Cavalry. 

Ahaha I’m sure the whole league team wise doesn’t love that the rich got richer bjt this raises the bar. The reality is the level of play needs to get higher, let’s see if Atletico brings in some loanees from abroad, what can FCE do ?

signings like this raise the bar and push the league forward in terms of caliber and that’s what this league wants.