Tristan Borges

SCF08

4 hours ago, Colliedor said:

Decent move only if he actually plays AND gets the promotion. 

Considering their backing, they would probably get promoted the following year if they don't make it this year.

If their ambition is to be one of the top Belgiam clubs, they'll just keep on adding talent until they get promoted.

It's up to Borges to make sure he plays, whether it's in First Division A or First division B.

I do want him to be playing in A for the 2020-2021 season, but if OHL fail to promote, a full season in the B division wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for him. It'll still be competitive and he is still young and he'd get more time to cut his teeth and strengthen his game.

Edited by Obinna

Some Leicester fans seem to follow Leuven fairly closely. Grabbed this comment from a Leicester forum regarding Borges' transfer:

"We really needed a new winger! We only have got 3 guys who can play as wingers, with 1 just returning after an injury. I'm afraid this means Kamal Sowah will go to the bench as his performances in the last months were an absolute disaster.

Hopefully we can sign some players. We really need a central defender and a right-back."

The team also seems to be in a bad spell of form... 1 win, 1 draw, 4 losses in their last 6. Maybe they'll be prone to a shake up, but I'd be shocked if Borges started today.

Looks like they play with an attacking midfielder. I believe that is Mercier. 

https://www.transfermarkt.us/ksc-lokeren_oud-heverlee-leuven/index/spielbericht/3238000

Perhaps Borges has been brought in to give him competition / be his understudy. He played "in the hole" with Forge on occassion. 

Mercier is a 30 year old French player who seems to have played most the latter part of his career in the Belgian top flight, most recently with Bassong's current team, Cercle Brugges.

We may have to temper our expectations and be patient with Borges if that's his competition for a place in the team.

Edited by Obinna

8 hours ago, El Diego said:

Some Leicester fans seem to follow Leuven fairly closely. Grabbed this comment from a Leicester forum regarding Borges' transfer:

"We really needed a new winger! We only have got 3 guys who can play as wingers, with 1 just returning after an injury. I'm afraid this means Kamal Sowah will go to the bench as his performances in the last months were an absolute disaster.

Hopefully we can sign some players. We really need a central defender and a right-back."

The team also seems to be in a bad spell of form... 1 win, 1 draw, 4 losses in their last 6. Maybe they'll be prone to a shake up, but I'd be shocked if Borges started today.

Don’t mean to be disheartening or something, but as someone who’s followed Leicester for most of my life (just mentioning this so someone doesn’t call me plastic). Our winger situation is rough, but it’s rough in terms of our wingers are probably low prem level instead of high prem level. Perez is very on and off he has some games he dominates and other he looks like he should be playing in the championship. Barnes on the other hand dominated with west brom in the championship but has struggled with the transition to the prem. His biggest struggle has been his finishing but other than that he can be a very solid player in the other aspects of the game. Our backups Gray and Albrighton both fill very different roles. Gray is a good sub when it’s late in the game and you need a injection of pace and skill. Biggest downfall for him is not knowing when to pass. Albrighton on the other hand is a great defensive option who can put in a fantastic cross. Also will put 110% every appearance. Biggest downfall for him is his lack of skill on the ball, he is rarely able to take a player on. We also have Chilwell and pereira who are very versatile and can play on the wing when needed. If Borges is ever to play for Leicester he would have to exponentially improve which I think he could do but don’t know if he will.

40 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

Don’t mean to be disheartening or something, but as someone who’s followed Leicester for most of my life (just mentioning this so someone doesn’t call me plastic). Our winger situation is rough, but it’s rough in terms of our wingers are probably low prem level instead of high prem level. Perez is very on and off he has some games he dominates and other he looks like he should be playing in the championship. Barnes on the other hand dominated with west brom in the championship but has struggled with the transition to the prem. His biggest struggle has been his finishing but other than that he can be a very solid player in the other aspects of the game. Our backups Gray and Albrighton both fill very different roles. Gray is a good sub when it’s late in the game and you need a injection of pace and skill. Biggest downfall for him is not knowing when to pass. Albrighton on the other hand is a great defensive option who can put in a fantastic cross. Also will put 110% every appearance. Biggest downfall for him is his lack of skill on the ball, he is rarely able to take a player on. We also have Chilwell and pereira who are very versatile and can play on the wing when needed. If Borges is ever to play for Leicester he would have to exponentially improve which I think he could do but don’t know if he will.

That comment was referring to OHL, not Leicester City

2 hours ago, SkuseisLoose said:

I assumed the poster was talking about Leuven's winger situation. Borges is nowhere near Leicester quality, and I really like him.

14 hours ago, SkuseisLoose said:

well now I feel like a idiot

To be fair, when I first read it, I was thinking the same thing and thought someone must be crazy to believe this.  Once I reread the post, I could see that it was not about Borges ever playing for Leicester.

If any of our players were to move to Leicester, it would have to be David.

Typically I would not prefer England, but they could probably afford him and he would probably get game time. EPL is obviously as good as it gets if David wants to be challenged too.

Throw in their chances of UCL games next season and the fact they have a Belgian connection via King Power and I think it could work.

The foxes found Ndidi in Belgiam (Genk) and other players too if I am not mistaken.

Edited by Obinna

Uh oh, potentially some big competition for Borges....

https://www.mbs.news/a/2020/01/stallone-limbombe-relocated-to-ohl-transfer-news.html

Does the name Limbombe ring a bell?

If so, perhaps it is because the former Gent winger was often connecting with Jonathan David when our young prodigy hit the Belgian scene in 2018.

(and if I am being honest, I often mixed them up when I was first becoming aquianted with David, as they both have a similar appearance on the field, especially when you are watching a grainy live-stream) :)

Since then, Limbombe took a different path, being loaned out to Turkey, but now OHL have brought him in on a transfer.

This guy can seriously make it more difficult for Borges to get into the team at the wing position. Limbombe definitely seems like a wide player to me, but it seems OHL don't really play with wingers. Maybe they do play with wingers and it was just since I have been following them that they've gotten away from it.

At any rate, it's another offensive player that Borges may have to go up against.

Edited by Obinna

9 minutes ago, Obinna said:

how did he do?

I was personally pleased with what I saw.

Was pretty active. He made some good link up/ build up plays near and inside the box that they really should've scored. He also sent a player on a breakaway, but a terrible offside call was made. Shame, could've already had an assist.

Considering the lack of games he has had recently, it was good to see. Didn't look at of place at all.

2 hours ago, Colliedor said:

I was personally pleased with what I saw.

Was pretty active. He made some good link up/ build up plays near and inside the box that they really should've scored. He also sent a player on a breakaway, but a terrible offside call was made. Shame, could've already had an assist.

Considering the lack of games he has had recently, it was good to see. Didn't look at of place at all.

Was he on the wing or playing as a ten?