Scott Arfield

I wouldn’t assume anything about the jersey swap. Piette is loved in Montreal- disrespecting him in front of the home crowd would’ve probably ended up in fans cornering Arfield outside of the stadium. It would be an extremely dumb move by a guy who has been a professional for over a decade. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, costarg said:

The guy has 11 goals in the past year AS A MIDFIELDER. 

Man it's really too bad Herdman could not find anyone besides an old Hutchinson and injured Stache to play midfield at the WC.  

I'm by no means advocating for his return to the CMNT.  Just stating that an old, aging Arfield is clearly still better than almost all of our Canadian MLS based midfielders.

7 minutes ago, Corazon said:

I'm by no means advocating for his return to the CMNT.  Just stating that an old, aging Arfield is clearly still better than almost all of our Canadian MLS based midfielders.

Not just old, but aging as well. Hahaha 

22 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

but my wife says I do mutter in my sleep a lot about arfield.

I don't think I've actually had a dream as strange as @Obinna's about Piette, and I don't recall any #CanMNT players in my dreams but I did have a dream in 2020 that I was at a pregame or postgame singing Arfield's name.

I think all the Herdman supporters were right.  He obviously doesn't care about the brotherhood, he's making a joke of the whole concept and making it look rather minor league.  Seriously, the guy has no respect for the program, scoring like this from the midfield.  Obviously has a chip on his shoulder, what a lousy selfish attitude.  I never wanna see a guy with Premier League experience with CANMNT.

Edited by costarg