Taryck TJ Tahid

2 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I don't think that will stop Olivieri and co excluding him "because it wouldn't be fair to the other kids"

It would be brutal to ignore a regular in our own domestic league who by now likely has the most pro minutes at the highest level than any of his peers in his group in the country.

47 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I don't think that will stop Olivieri and co excluding him "because it wouldn't be fair to the other kids"

The question might not be whether Olivieri picks him but whether we want TJ to work with Olivieri.. is that in the best long term interest of our program or TJ?

56 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

if they stand by him and keep starting him, he will show that he’s too good to ignore.

Additionally, if he continues to start and play well, he will be a trailblazer and start a trend we need to get on…. Your academy players can play at 15, and you don’t need to wait till they’re 19.

I mean, Davies already did that...

10 minutes ago, Stoppage Time said:

Where did Taryck play his youth soccer? Thanks.

Albion FC in Maple Ridge (where he’s from) and then VanCity Pro which is owned by his father and has a partnership with Villareal. 

13 minutes ago, Atlantic said:

Albion FC in Maple Ridge (where he’s from) and then VanCity Pro which is owned by his father and has a partnership with Villareal. 

Thanks! I hope that as Taryck moves to higher level clubs, Albion FC gets a nice financial reward to help the club develop new potential. A stipend, perhaps, for a good Albion coach who can work with top kids and find them places to develop further? And, what about VanCity Pro for the work that they have done with Taryck?

• 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Jack1997 said:

Wow, 16 years old and contributing, this kid is easily going to demand the largest transfer fee in league history, the real question is to where?

It’s early, he can play another full year I think. 

Sky is the limit if he can shine with the U17’s. If Benfica is signing from the USL championship… would think he could end up with a move like that.

hopefully he starts the trend of playing these 16 year old talents and not leaving them on the bench, there’s more Tahid’s that just need the chance.

2 hours ago, Jack1997 said:

Wow, 16 years old and contributing, this kid is easily going to demand the largest transfer fee in league history, the real question is to where?

Fun to watch live again tonight. He just plays smart. Calm. Collected. He reminds me a bit of DDR the way he looks a little lazy at times, but he is actually reading the play well an not overexpending energy. And he consistently gets himself into dangerous positions, finds himself a little space.

Kudos to Vancouver for not only playing this kid but also letting him start, putting him in positions to contribute- it’s incredible that they’re in their first season, they have a young local talent, they prioritize him, and now it’s likely that he’ll be transferred out one day and VFC will get a nice fee. I think Benfica paid $1.5 for a kid out of USL recently? If Vancouver can get even half of that for Tahid next year, it could be transformational for them. 

from the clips I’ve watched, he looks like he’s improving (obviously, he’s 16), so crazy to think where he might be at the end of the season. Not entirely against him spending 2 years in the CPL, but at this rate, it might be blatantly obvious he needs a new challenge by end of year.

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

Kudos to Vancouver for not only playing this kid but also letting him start, putting him in positions to contribute- it’s incredible that they’re in their first season, they have a young local talent, they prioritize him, and now it’s likely that he’ll be transferred out one day and VFC will get a nice fee. I think Benfica paid $1.5 for a kid out of USL recently? If Vancouver can get even half of that for Tahid next year, it could be transformational for them. 

from the clips I’ve watched, he looks like he’s improving (obviously, he’s 16), so crazy to think where he might be at the end of the season. Not entirely against him spending 2 years in the CPL, but at this rate, it might be blatantly obvious he needs a new challenge by end of year.

The first million dollar plus transfer could be transformational for the league. 🙂 

Tahid is making watching Vancouver a lot of fun.

1 minute ago, Metro said:

The first million dollar plus transfer could be transformational for the league. 🙂 

Tahid is making watching Vancouver a lot of fun.

Don’t know much about CPL economics but wouldn’t a sale at this level pretty much pay for the entire roster’s salary? I hope he gets transferred for something around that mark and it proves to other teams that you can significantly chip away at your financial issues by playing and eventually selling a young player. 

Since he's U18, isn't he not allowed to transfer internationally until his 18th birthday? So he's basically with with Vancouver until July 2025 at minimum (or potentially with the 3 Canadian MLS teams/other CPL teams - not sure if domestic transfers are allowed). Even if transferred before 18 doesn't he have to stay at Vancouver on loan until 18 (like Phonzie did)?