Taryck TJ Tahid

One to watch, he’s signed with VFC.

Born April 21st 2007.

He is highly rated, has played with Red Bull youth, Villarreal and FC Midijitland. He would have been on the U17 if it were not for politics. This is a big signing for the Can PL and VFC. Kid has a legitimate chance to be a good player in a top 6 league.

Edited by Dominic94

46 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

@Footyeh is better positioned to answer this than I am.

Correct me where I am wrong.

Essentially he was denied the right to try out because he wasn’t with the Whitecaps academy and it wouldn’t be fair to the boys from that academy if he made the team over them.

Fuck the powers that be running the sport in this country.

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

@Footyeh is better positioned to answer this than I am.

Correct me where I am wrong.

Essentially he was denied the right to try out because he wasn’t with the Whitecaps academy and it wouldn’t be fair to the boys from that academy if he made the team over them.

No offence to you or anything, but that sounds like the classic lame excuse. If he truly is highly rated, I would assume he would be in the squad since we like to value European prospects over the "local" lads.

15 minutes ago, Shway said:

No offence to you or anything, but that sounds like the classic lame excuse. If he truly is highly rated, I would assume he would be in the squad since we like to value European prospects over the "local" lads.

Essentially he was told to join Whitecaps to have a chance at the U17 national team prior to the very first camp despite just having trained with several European clubs.  He went to train with the Whitecaps during the week the National Team coaches came to work/scout with the U17 squad at UBC, Whitecaps took him out of that group and put him with the U16 instead and rational was shouldn't be given opportunities over their own boys if he doesn't commit to them.  Player walked, National Team coaches I assume said "no club no selection".

Let's see if they bring him in now.

5 minutes ago, Footyeh said:

Essentially he was told to join Whitecaps to have a chance at the U17 national team prior to the very first camp despite just having trained with several European clubs.  He went to train with the Whitecaps during the week the National Team coaches came to work/scout with the U17 squad at UBC, Whitecaps took him out of that group and put him with the U16 instead and rational was shouldn't be given opportunities over their own boys if he doesn't commit to them.  Player walked, National Team coaches I assume said "no club no selection".

Let's see if they bring him in now.

This was last spring right ? When he was 14 ? 

How does he compare to Kone, Rutty and David as a prospect ?

18 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

This was last spring right ? When he was 14 ? 

How does he compare to Kone, Rutty and David as a prospect ?

That was this past fall I believe, so guessing he was 15 going on 16.  He's very dynamic/athletic, can play 2-3 positions in the attack, always positive in possession looking to make things happen.  I watched the matches when he guest played for Red Bull against Benfica and another team (can't remember), and he was one of the key threats on the field scoring one and assisting on a couple playing in a role underneath the #9.  

Hard to say what his ceiling is and I would never want to put a label like that on a kid but he's quite good for his age.  We didn't know David was a world class player until he was 19 and playing 1st team in Belgium.  No one knew Kone period until he started playing for Montreal.  Of course, he still has to prove it at this level but here's hoping they actually use him while he's young and not wait until he's 18/19 to start playing him..

1 hour ago, Footyeh said:

That was this past fall I believe, so guessing he was 15 going on 16.  He's very dynamic/athletic, can play 2-3 positions in the attack, always positive in possession looking to make things happen.  I watched the matches when he guest played for Red Bull against Benfica and another team (can't remember), and he was one of the key threats on the field scoring one and assisting on a couple playing in a role underneath the #9.  

Hard to say what his ceiling is and I would never want to put a label like that on a kid but he's quite good for his age.  We didn't know David was a world class player until he was 19 and playing 1st team in Belgium.  No one knew Kone period until he started playing for Montreal.  Of course, he still has to prove it at this level but here's hoping they actually use him while he's young and not wait until he's 18/19 to start playing him..

Hoping they use him, but I think VFC seems to have a set plan for their youth. They’ve got a few interesting young players.

5 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

One to watch, he’s signed with VFC.

Born April 21st 2007.

He is highly rated, has played with Red Bull youth, Villarreal and FC Midijitland. He would have been on the U17 if it were not for politics. This is a big signing for the Can PL and VFC. Kid has a legitimate chance to be a good player in a top 6 league.

What's the story with Red Bull Youth, Villareal and FC Micijitland?  He tried out, trained or actually played for them?  That's a lot of academy's for a 16yr old no?  

2 hours ago, costarg said:

What's the story with Red Bull Youth, Villareal and FC Micijitland?  He tried out, trained or actually played for them?  That's a lot of academy's for a 16yr old no?  

The Red Bulls story hard to find, only the one video clip to be found.

As for the Villareal connection, it seems like a relative (probably his father), is head of Van City Pro and signed some sort of collaborative arrangement:

Screenshot_20230507_000113_Facebook.thumb.jpg.89377f714bfc6fb16b72026b0f52674e.jpg

Dad (let's assume)  is originally from Ghana. Interesting path to starting an academy in Greater Vancouver: https://medium.com/off-the-pitch-by-villarreal/q-a-getting-to-know-imran-tahid-vancity-pro-football-academy-director-f4665fcfcad6 

Edited by nolando

8 hours ago, nolando said:The Red Bulls story hard to find, only the one video clip to be found.

Dad (let's assume)  is originally from Ghana. Interesting path to starting an academy in Greater Vancouver: https://medium.com/off-the-pitch-by-villarreal/q-a-getting-to-know-imran-tahid-vancity-pro-football-academy-director-f4665fcfcad6 

Side note: You should see what’s happening in Ontario. Every former pro has their own academy, and have teams in unsanctioned leagues with the promises of going to Europe. 

Soccer in this country is a cash cow, so it’s highly questionable how our federation struggles financially.

17 hours ago, Shway said:

Politics is a catch-all for when people don't like the outcome or can't meet the expectations placed upon them.  Reading further on in the thread, it seems he wasn't given the chance to train in front of the scouts.  Others are saying it's the Whitecaps fault and whereas that may well be true, it doesn't serve the young man very well to externalize in this way and make excuses.  After all he didn't have a club (I know more than a couple of people that 'trained' with European clubs).  So hopefully it's just others making this excuses for him and not him and his advisors.

I hope he gets on the field today and has a good showing.  It's exciting to have some young prospects so soon!

7 hours ago, Shway said:

Side note: You should see what’s happening in Ontario. Every former pro has their own academy, and have teams in unsanctioned leagues with the promises of going to Europe. 

Soccer in this country is a cash cow, so it’s highly questionable how our federation struggles financially.

From the top on down, it’s all about grabbing as much as you can whenever you can.