Taryck TJ Tahid

He had a few nice touches. At times he seems a bit indecisive but that's a natural considering his age and experience. One thing that strikes me is his physical development for his age. If you told someone to pick out the 16 yr old on the field you would probably never guess him. He looks the part and he doesn't look out of place. Considering his age I think that's a big accomplishment 

6 minutes ago, Ivan said:

He looked fast and aggressive. Game high in tackles won.  I was impressed. As @SpursFlu noted, didn't look out of place.  Can't see how he is left off the U17WC team.  No one else from that team is playing at this level.

There are some different circumstances involved but Pepple was playing and training with Cavalry but didn't make the U17 team in 2019.

On 5/6/2023 at 8:38 PM, Dominic94 said:

@Footyeh is better positioned to answer this than I am.

Correct me where I am wrong.

Essentially he was denied the right to try out because he wasn’t with the Whitecaps academy and it wouldn’t be fair to the boys from that academy if he made the team over them.

Classic Canadian soccer move.

Some other awesome quotes I found from Ghotbi (https://www.abbynews.com/sports/video-vancouver-fc-fights-valour-to-a-scoreless-draw/):

“This is what this club is all about, finding local players like TJ that are Canadian, and finding these young geniuses that need experience to play with senior players at the highest level in Canada to be able to develop themselves in a professional environment so they can reach their potential sooner,” Ghotbi said.

“TJ will hopefully be one of many, many players that will come out of our organization and help Canadian football. I think that what’s really brave on our club’s part is that by putting 16-year-olds and 18-year-olds on the pitch, maybe we sacrifice results in the short term, but we gain so much in the long term.”

😍

4 hours ago, Borjans Sweatpants said:

Some other awesome quotes I found from Ghotbi (https://www.abbynews.com/sports/video-vancouver-fc-fights-valour-to-a-scoreless-draw/😞

“This is what this club is all about, finding local players like TJ that are Canadian, and finding these young geniuses that need experience to play with senior players at the highest level in Canada to be able to develop themselves in a professional environment so they can reach their potential sooner,” Ghotbi said.

“TJ will hopefully be one of many, many players that will come out of our organization and help Canadian football. I think that what’s really brave on our club’s part is that by putting 16-year-olds and 18-year-olds on the pitch, maybe we sacrifice results in the short term, but we gain so much in the long term.”

😍

He is saying and doing the right things which is to be expected from a long time former scout. If Tahid develops he will be the biggest transfer fee and a trail blazer. 

6 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

He is saying and doing the right things which is to be expected from a long time former scout. If Tahid develops he will be the biggest transfer fee and a trail blazer. 

For whatever reason I just hope the transfer is to Europe rather than MLS. 

1 hour ago, Stoppage Time said:

He must be considered very seriously for the U-17 squad when that is called up. We cannot have a fringe "academy guy" be handed a spot. And, when Tahid continues to play and produce, the story becomes even better in all ways.

if they stand by him and keep starting him, he will show that he’s too good to ignore.

Additionally, if he continues to start and play well, he will be a trailblazer and start a trend we need to get on…. Your academy players can play at 15, and you don’t need to wait till they’re 19.

Edited by Dominic94

Have to think that if he continues to produce in CPL he will be included in the U17 WC squad just like Kone who got his first cap in 2022,  late in the WCQ cycle. With the current "issue" with duals, JH will want him onboard.