Brandon Cambridge

Xavier.

2 hours ago, Macksam said:

Guy has a sweet left foot. He should be called up for the Gold Cup. 

If he continues his form and does get the call up…he would be another surprise talent that was unidentified by Canada soccer before making the pro stage… ala Buchanan, Johnston, Kennedy, Kone and Loturi. 

35 minutes ago, Shway said:

image.png.5fe5c96ae23e5a404ec230f65eb38f3c.png

He’s repping the V in his bio. 
So I’ll assume he feels very Canadian.

On the topic of Dieu-Merci Michel from the other thread, I wonder how this guy's two goals last night ranks him in terms of exciting prospects we need to take a look at.

32 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

US MLS teams are coming up big for Canada  :)

As much as it can be fun to rip on TFC (and the MLS for its asymmetrical treatment of Canadians vs Americans) the reality is that the proliferation of Canadian players across the league (not just concentrated on our 3 domestic teams) was always going to yield the most value for Canada.  TFC may be frustrating but if they continue to be a pipeline for young Canadians into the league more broadly they will have fulfilled an important function - even if their performances continue to be poor.  Certainly I think lots would like to see a more speedy resolution of young players in limbo (first team or trade them) but overall a lot of players have now moved through TFC into the American teams. 

TFC gets the stick, but in this case Cambridge is a product of VWC and they arent usually in this situation.  This is a good sign for the health of soccer overall, enough talent is coming to the 3 MLS academies that they cant possibly be expected to find spots for all the diverse players and skill sets (ie JRR,Petrasso,Shaff).  They get recycled through the NCAA, CPL, USL and eventually some make it to MLS. 

When they (CDN MLS) sit on the kids too long its frustrating as its bad for both parties and then they deserve the scorn.  I'm not sure if VWC think the 50k GAM they got was such a good return now though.  Funny thats what the Crew paid TFC for JRR.  

1 minute ago, Bison44 said:

TFC gets the stick, but in this case Cambridge is a product of VWC and they arent usually in this situation.  This is a good sign for the health of soccer overall, enough talent is coming to the 3 MLS academies that they cant possibly be expected to find spots for all the diverse players and skill sets (ie JRR,Petrasso,Shaff).  They get recycled through the NCAA, CPL, USL and eventually some make it to MLS. 

When they (CDN MLS) sit on the kids too long its frustrating as its bad for both parties and then they deserve the scorn.  I'm not sure if VWC think the 50k GAM they got was such a good return now though.  Funny thats what the Crew paid TFC for JRR.  

I'm not hating on Kerr by any means as I think he has done an adequate job for an underachieving TFC team but I wonder if the decision to opt for Kerr over bringing JRR back will haunt the club.  I would probably prefer JRR especially given TFC struggles scoring goals right now but I'm glad it worked out this way because we have two young players contributing at the MLS level whereas if the roles were reversed, you never know where Kerr would have ended up.

7 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Whitecaps have a sell on clause for him as well. Not sure on the percent.

But, can't be too upset. It's another young Canadian in the league, which is what we all want.