Luc de Fougerolles

canuckgbp

3 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

Did he get loaned out? He is not in their game day lineup? Looks like 2 other defenders on the bench

I expect he’ll stay with the youth team for this season. He’s still pretty young, he’s playing a new position and he probably needs to bulk up a little before he’s ready to play as a CB at the men’s level.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The homer in me says that a kid isn’t going to travel all the way to Japan, get all jet lagged and have to fly back to England unless he didn’t have serious intentions to play for us. That’s ignoring the fact that a kid would definitely accept a free trip to Japan and the recognition that comes with getting called up to a senior national team while you’re still playing youth football. 

Has he ever rejected an England call, does anyone know? I know we rate him way higher than they do, but surely he’s good enough for their U17 or U19s or whatever. At least a call up. I think he’s only ever accepted Canada calls. 

“After finding out he'd been drafted in, he told the Club's official website: "It feels great to be called up to any international age group, but it makes it extra special that it's the senior team, and it will be a great experience for me.

"It’s always been a dream to play internationally at any level, and to achieve it so young is an added bonus which will hopefully allow me to play for a longer period of time and make the most out of the experiences.

"I'm really looking forward to going away and playing with different players, and play styles which should benefit me."”

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/october/05/De-Fougerolles-Receives-Canada-Call-Up/

Doesn’t seem too committal in his comments tbh, but I guess that’s to be expected.

12 minutes ago, Borjans Sweatpants said:

“After finding out he'd been drafted in, he told the Club's official website: "It feels great to be called up to any international age group, but it makes it extra special that it's the senior team, and it will be a great experience for me.

"It’s always been a dream to play internationally at any level, and to achieve it so young is an added bonus which will hopefully allow me to play for a longer period of time and make the most out of the experiences.

"I'm really looking forward to going away and playing with different players, and play styles which should benefit me."”

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/october/05/De-Fougerolles-Receives-Canada-Call-Up/

Doesn’t seem too committal in his comments tbh, but I guess that’s to be expected.

Disagree. I think the line about playing for a longer period of time seems to hint at a career with Canada.