Luc de Fougerolles

canuckgbp

11 hours ago, Footyeh said:

How can LDF be our top CB Prospect if he's played RB probably 95% of his career and no one here has probably ever seen him play outside of a few twitter clips😅

Chisolm is a LWB/LW.  

Knight-Lebel... we saw he wasn't any better than our domestic guys with the U20's.  

I understand your point but I see a couple of reasons for LDF being our top CB prospect. First, playing time in a certain position is not 100% correlated to the players ceiling in that position. The second Davies moved to LB he was our #1 LB prospect regardless of never playing there. Next, LDF as a premier league RB who can play CB on occasion would easily be our best CB (even though its his second position) and we would play him there due to our other depth options. 

I also think our judgement is less valuable than premier league coaches. For a 17 year old year old to be anywhere near the first team of a prem squad and not look out of place in a friendly is an accomplishment that none of our other prospects are even close to (with potentially Chisolm but I will reserve judgement until we see what happens in the next little while).

I could easily make the case that a 17 year old playing with a prem first team at CB is 100% above guys like smith who play 6th division in france, Yao who hardly gets a look in vancouver, stefanovic/pearlman who is just on the cusp of minutes for TFC. If he debuts this season, he will be playing in a top 5 league earlier than anyone on our squad (maybe jebbison could compete if he commits and he could beat davies by mere months). However, the point is that hes in the same conversation as davies and jebbison. No other CB is within 100 miles of that currently.  

1 hour ago, Bigandy said:

No other CB is within 100 miles of that currently.  

So Stefanovic, who’s actually played in competitive games at 16 and not looked out of place in MLS isn’t close to De Fougerolles? Maybe pump the brakes a bit

1 minute ago, phresh said:

So Stefanovic, who’s actually played in competitive games at 16 and not looked out of place in MLS isn’t close to De Fougerolles? Maybe pump the brakes a bit

The key to my sentence is "if he debuts this season in the prem". 

I would say a 16 year old mls debutant is not in the same category as a 17 year old premier league debutant. 

Of course, this is a hypothetical and I am not currently rating LDF on the basis of something that hasnt happened yet. But hes obviously rated highly by fulham. Doesnt that speak to his potential ceiling? Add in that hes won youth player awards at fulham and hes quickly climbed through the ranks shows his trajectory is quite good so far.  

If I could only pick one to join CMNT today, it would be LDF. I'm extremely excited about stefanovic but LDF appears to have a higher ceiling. Would you choose stefanovic? 

LDF and Stefanovic are probably the 2 best CB prospects we’ve had since Tomori so does who’s better at the moment really matter that much? I think Luc is a much more important person for the NT to be pursuing due to dual nationalities and you need to call him up ASAP just based on potential and position need, whereas although technically Stefanovic is a dual nat I feel like he’s a lot closer to our NT and probably not as much of a concern (please don’t jinx it). 

I was thinking where LDF likely fits into our team and I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s likely the LCB in a back 3, we’ve heard of him playing on the left side before so it’s likely that he’s comfortable there so that he doesn’t force Johnston out of the lineup.

7 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

The key to my sentence is "if he debuts this season in the prem". 

I would say a 16 year old mls debutant is not in the same category as a 17 year old premier league debutant. 

Of course, this is a hypothetical and I am not currently rating LDF on the basis of something that hasnt happened yet. But hes obviously rated highly by fulham. Doesnt that speak to his potential ceiling? Add in that hes won youth player awards at fulham and hes quickly climbed through the ranks shows his trajectory is quite good so far.  

If I could only pick one to join CMNT today, it would be LDF. I'm extremely excited about stefanovic but LDF appears to have a higher ceiling. Would you choose stefanovic? 

To answer your last question, I don't know who I would select given I have almost never watched LDF play. If he gets game time in the prem, then it is obvious he would become one of our best prospects. But I have watched Stefanovic, and he is a special player. There is a clear pathway to him becoming a starting CB for TFC and eventually being sold to a European club. Rosted is useless and O'Neill isn't a bonafide starter

21 minutes ago, Footyeh said:

If we're one thing on this forum, we are all dreamers of top quality CB's 🤣  I love it!

Is it almost time to say our problem position is no longer CB and its CM. 

LCB - Cornelius, miller, kennedy
CB - Mcgraw Vitoria
RCB - Johnston, bombito 

Depth: Heibert, Zator, Mcnaughton, waterman

tier 1 potential: Stefanovic, LDF, and Cisholm, chukwu have tier 1 potential. 
Teir 2 potential: knight lebel, pearlman

Cm: Oso, staq, kone, Ahmed,

Depth: choiniere, loturi

Tier 1 potential: Maybe smith?
Tier 1-2 potential: Loturi, ahmed, choiniere, saliba, Costa?, pelligrino?,JMR 

If I was a betting man, I think our tier 1 CB are more likely to hit their potential compared to our CM's

31 minutes ago, phresh said:

To answer your last question, I don't know who I would select given I have almost never watched LDF play. If he gets game time in the prem, then it is obvious he would become one of our best prospects. But I have watched Stefanovic, and he is a special player. There is a clear pathway to him becoming a starting CB for TFC and eventually being sold to a European club. Rosted is useless and O'Neill isn't a bonafide starter

Good points on the pathway. Stefanovic does seem special. If he can become a central CB in a back 3 or partner LDF in a 2, we will be set!  He's gotta be one of the youngest CB ever in MLS.

Edited by Bigandy

14 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

Is it almost time to say our problem position is no longer CB and its CM. 

LCB - Cornelius, miller, kennedy
CB - Mcgraw Vitoria
RCB - Johnston, bombito 

Depth: Heibert, Zator, Mcnaughton, waterman

tier 1 potential: Stefanovic, LDF, and Cisholm, chukwu have tier 1 potential. 
Teir 2 potential: knight lebel, pearlman

Cm: Oso, staq, kone, Ahmed,

Depth: choiniere, loturi

Tier 1 potential: Maybe smith?
Tier 1-2 potential: Loturi, ahmed, choiniere, saliba, Costa?, pelligrino?,JMR 

If I was a betting man, I think our tier 1 CB are more likely to hit their potential compared to our CM's

It's still CB.  Quality over quantity.  Our CB's are not good enough for the top level

7 minutes ago, Footyeh said:

It's still CB.  Quality over quantity.  Our CB's are not good enough for the top level

If If If... but we could have 4 tier 1 CB's in a few years time

After staq and Kone its hard to see any CM's with as high of a probability hitting tier 1. Ahmed looked great but obviously stefanovic is much closer to looking like a tier 1 player at his age. 

Both potential quality and quantity could arguably be in CB's favour in a few years. Idk if I am willing to stand behind that argument, but its an interesting thought.

2 hours ago, Jack1997 said:

LDF and Stefanovic are probably the 2 best CB prospects we’ve had since Tomori so does who’s better at the moment really matter that much? I think Luc is a much more important person for the NT to be pursuing due to dual nationalities...

Did you notice the -ic at the end of his name though? 😅

Just now, VinceA said:

Pearlman is an interesting one who could be looked at by Canada sooner rather than later if only because he's also I believe South African, and they will call up MLS guys.

And herdman has brought him in as a training player like michel and campagna