Luc de Fougerolles

canuckgbp

22 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Damn our U20 squad next year (05 and younger) could be pretty interesting.

Actually I take that back, our defence could be interesting. Jury is still out on our GKs, FWs, and MFs. We barely have any that have gone pro.

I'm sure TFC and VWFC have a bunch in MLSNP but I can't find any real info on any regulars who are 05s and 06s.

The only FWs of note I can think of are Tahid and Bunbury and MF would be Orange County's Ben Norris.

4 hours ago, Bigandy said:

The key to my sentence is "if he debuts this season in the prem". 

I would say a 16 year old mls debutant is not in the same category as a 17 year old premier league debutant. 

This partly comes down to geography and not talent. You saying you rate 17 year olds playing in EPL above Davies?  

14 minutes ago, costarg said:

This partly comes down to geography and not talent. You saying you rate 17 year olds playing in EPL above Davies?  

Davies is surely the exception to the rule though. His debut was also at 15 not 16. 

If you compare 100 players from EPL and MLS, I would take 100 EPL debuts at 17 over 100 in MLS at 16. 

Just an aside, some players who debuted at 17 in prem are Garnacho, foden, shaw, saka, Heskey, Lewis etc. 

If stefanovic comes anywhere near the level of the players i listed above, that would be a dream! 

Obviously Ive done some cherry picking but theres loads of examples of elite players who debuted at 17 in the prem and I cant think of an elite 16 year old mls debutants (a bit lopsided since most of the young debutants in mls are still under 21)

16 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

Davies is surely the exception to the rule though. His debut was also at 15 not 16. 

If you compare 100 players from EPL and MLS, I would take 100 EPL debuts at 17 over 100 in MLS at 16. 

Just an aside, some players who debuted at 17 in prem are Garnacho, foden, shaw, saka, Heskey, Lewis etc. 

If stefanovic comes anywhere near the level of the players i listed above, that would be a dream! 

Obviously Ive done some cherry picking but theres loads of examples of elite players who debuted at 17 in the prem and I cant think of an elite 16 year old mls debutants (a bit lopsided since most of the young debutants in mls are still under 21)

Don't forget about Daniel Jebbison, who actually scored a Premier League goal at the age of 17!  Making him the 9th youngest goal scorer in Premier League history.  He beat out Raheem Sterling by a week.

Edited by Corazon

25 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Should remember ultimately that this is all pre-season footy and there's a very good chance LDF gets buried back down into the reserves for the whole season and all of this is moot.

Laughs in Justin Smith 

51 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

Agree 100%.  Davies is not the norm, just an outlier, but worth mentioning in the exercise.

3 minutes ago, sandman said:

Marco Silva brought him up on Fulham FCTV, he is considered in the same tier internally as Luke Harris whom every elite club is after. 

Likley he stars for Fulham U21's this coming season, or he gets a loan move to the SPL(Fulham have an agreement with Dundee United)

That would be a perfect capping move for us with him further away from the England radar! 

15 minutes ago, Atlantic said:

Starts for Fulham in what I call essentially their best XI + LDF. Aston Villa isn’t full strength but it’s a full team of Premier League players 

Looks like he will play LCB and diop as RCB. This guys the real deal.

3 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Herdman needs to fly to London tomorrow and beg for him. Throw him the Godfather Offer. Tell him that we will pay for his Premium Economy seat for the next Gold Cup. Anything.

I'll personally throw in the extra $45 for Star Alliance lounge access for his layovers in Newark and O'Hare.

4 minutes ago, Atlantic said:

Despite the penalty he looked very calm on the ball. Tons of Fulham fans singing his praise again. Very good at making the simple passes around the back and helping Leno with building out the back. 

Was just peaking in every once in while but I saw him handle Ollie Watkins pretty well a couple times.

On 7/25/2023 at 4:55 PM, Bigandy said:

Just as an aside, others to debut in the EPL at 16/17:

Jack Robinson, Rushian Hepburn-Murphy, Jose Baxter, Isaiah Brown, Matthew Briggs 

Most of those guys couldn’t play in MLS, so certainly no guarantees in any event.