Luc de Fougerolles

canuckgbp

It’s really cool that he did an interview with La Presse, and it’s really cool that La Presse even knows about this kid. That interview makes me a little more positive about his prospects of playing for us, but I still just assume that he’ll play for England if he’s good enough, and if he’s not good enough, he’ll commit to us much later. If he does commit to us though, we’re realistically looking at him maybe being a part of the 2032 cycle, if not 2036.

5 hours ago, Borjans Sweatpants said:

La Presse did an article in French on him (translated link here hopefully works): https://www-lapresse-ca.translate.goog/sports/soccer/2023-07-16/luc-de-fougerolles/montrealais-de-seconde-generation-espoir-de-premier-plan.php?_x_tr_sl=fr&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

Relevant excerpt:

That said, Luc is not a complete stranger to Quebec. He came there on several occasions to visit his family on his father's side and to spend holidays there. His father also made an effort to teach him the language of Plume Latraverse, although he had lost some of it in recent years due to his busy schedule. “I still speak French a little bit,” he laughs.

He needed little more to be eligible to represent Canada internationally.

Fulham have kindly handed over video footage to the Canadian team and academy coaches have also been in touch with Canadian leaders to preach for their colt. The phone rang pretty quickly afterwards.

The full-back was called up in April 2022 to represent the Under-20s and, unsurprisingly, he was the youngest player called up. However, COVID-19 prevented him from joining the Canadian team for the camp.

It should be noted, however, that representing Canada at this age does not commit De Fougerolles to anything for the senior team. He could decide to wear another uniform when the time comes, for example that of England.

It is obvious that having two nationalities only increases my chances of playing on the international stage. It's a dream that I want to realize at some point.

Luc de Fougerolles

However, he does not want to close the door to the English selection at this point. Or even to an as yet unknown selection.

“Maybe if I dig a little deeper, I could get another [nationality],” he drops.

Osti un p’tit gars d’chez nous!

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

It’s really cool that he did an interview with La Presse, and it’s really cool that La Presse even knows about this kid. That interview makes me a little more positive about his prospects of playing for us, but I still just assume that he’ll play for England if he’s good enough, and if he’s not good enough, he’ll commit to us much later. If he does commit to us though, we’re realistically looking at him maybe being a part of the 2032 cycle, if not 2036.

I thought the same thing, good for them for being on it. Better scouting than our National Team themselves can do 🤣

Agreed though. One for the future, hope he sticks close to us

On 7/17/2023 at 5:54 PM, InglewoodJack said:

If he's born in 2005...realistically he would be a part of the 2026 or even 2030 cycle because by then he'll be 21 (2026) or he will be 25 (2030)

5 minutes ago, Vasi said:

He probably does. But if he is playing in the prem he is probably not committing. 

Fulham is set a RB with tete and mbabu, LB is robinson and kongolo, CB is ream, adarabioyo, diop and kongolo with palhinaha as emergency cover. 

Fulham is set without him but with very shallow depth. With Ream being 35? hes going to need rotation any injury to the other guys and pretty soon hes got a chance to get minutes. 

I agree its unlikely he accepts a call up but what a dream that would be. 2023/24 will see jebbo, koleosho, LDF commit with mitrovic and sali filing their one time switch in 24/25?

1 minute ago, Bigandy said:

Fulham is set a RB with tete and mbabu, LB is robinson and kongolo, CB is ream, adarabioyo, diop and kongolo with palhinaha as emergency cover. 

Fulham is set without him but with very shallow depth. With Ream being 35? hes going to need rotation any injury to the other guys and pretty soon hes got a chance to get minutes. 

I agree its unlikely he accepts a call up but what a dream that would be. 2023/24 will see jebbo, koleosho, LDF commit with mitrovic and sali filing their one time switch in 24/25?

They are supposedly buying CB Calvin Bassey or Salisu. They are left footed.

Palhinha dislocated his shoulder yesterday, incidentally.