Attending November Window in Edmonton

Club Linesman

5 hours ago, Shway said:

Outside of the game, whats the nightlife/part life in Edmonton. 

Any suggestions?

My son is in mid 20's. I can ask his opinion as he was at U of A for 4 years if anyone in his age category is interested. My experience is somewhat dated, as in 'where would you go to see Mark Messier doing lines???'.

Edited by Ed_S

1 hour ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

I think Cot-ton Eye Joe could be swapped out for Eu-staq-ui-o quite easily, not sure if anyone elses names can (edit: maybe Osorio?):

If it hadn't been for Eustaquio
I'd been married long time ago
Where did you come from, where did you go?
Where did you come from, Eustaquio?

Sounds a bit off to me. Thumbs down sorry. First couplet is odd for a bunch of men to be chanting. Second couplet is xenophobic. Mind you, I'm old school -- only sing at church and campfires (well more the latter).

4 hours ago, rob.notenboom said:

We are working on a few things. Details not available yet though. 

However Whyte Ave has lots to see and do, there are plenty of pubs etc downtown … I’m not as familiar with the brewery district but it’s likely worth a look. 

Have to say though … for a guy with kids, a week away in Edmonton, reprieve from family duties, coming out of shells post Covid (somewhat) this could be … dangerous. 🤣

Rob. You read my mind with this one! 

6 minutes ago, CanadasBest said:

I'm finally confirmed for this trip. Going to be driving out from Vancouver Island and staying for both matches. Glad to see so many OG's making the trip. Edmonton has no idea what's coming with a bunch of middle aged people with kids and a mortgage at the end of a long couple of years. 😆

Kids stress. Mortgage stress. Covid stress. Work stress. 

It’s all going to get purged. 🤣

3 hours ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

I think Cot-ton Eye Joe could be swapped out for Eu-staq-ui-o quite easily, not sure if anyone elses names can (edit: maybe Osorio?):

If it hadn't been for Eustaquio
I'd been married long time ago
Where did you come from, where did you go?
Where did you come from, Eustaquio?

3 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

No 

So...much...YES!

Now, can we do one for Baby Shark?

Since my wife was the one who opened the door for me to actually make this happen (and is doing super-chauffeur work while I am away) I gotta give her full props.  Going on a mini vacation will be nice and everything, but I tried to figure out how she could join me. 

Just gotta give credit where it is due. 

And I still plan to fully enjoy my freedom.  

11 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Since my wife was the one who opened the door for me to actually make this happen (and is doing super-chauffeur work while I am away) I gotta give her full props.  Going on a mini vacation will be nice and everything, but I tried to figure out how she could join me. 

Just gotta give credit where it is due. 

And I still plan to fully enjoy my freedom.  

Said as it should be, with the guilty conscience showing right through!

Sometimes I go to local lower tier games, and since I am gone 3 hours and she doesn't ask, I don't say a thing either. 

19 minutes ago, hulkrogan said:

Surely they must open the upper west side soon to keep the ticket sales momentum? Nothing but scraps left. I expect this to be an utter shit show to get in the stadium, grab a beer, take a pee and see kickoff. Leave early if you can.

Someone posted in another thread theyre holding off on releasing upper west side and endzone seating until group sales are finalized. Probably early this week. 

to be honest i think a one or two day wait to release additional tickets will just cause the remaining to sell quicker once they are released. Makes them more scarce and ppl will act quickly to buy once they finally release them. 

Any ideas about the ability for 50 000 people to get into Commonwealth under the current expectations?!  Will the stadium be open 2 hours before game time?  The last game in Toronto was ridiculous and if I hadn’t found a newly formed short line my buddies and I would have been late even though we were at the gate at 6:35.  
The CSA needs to get on this soon. These games will be double the attendance, both amazing and worrisome.

Also are there places to drink near Commonwealth Stadium?

13 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

Any ideas about the ability for 50 000 people to get into Commonwealth under the current expectations?!  Will the stadium be open 2 hours before game time?  The last game in Toronto was ridiculous and if I hadn’t found a newly formed short line my buddies and I would have been late even though we were at the gate at 6:35.  
The CSA needs to get on this soon. These games will be double the attendance, both amazing and worrisome.

It’s only about 10 min on the LRT from the downtown core, a few stops. 

18 hours ago, Club Linesman said:

I'm hoping they have it figured out and that the Toronto fiasco was because they increased capacity at the last minute.  Commonwealth hosted 24K people on the 15th and have games on the 29th and 5th so hopefully they have things figured out by the time it comes for WCQ. 

Still...get there early.

11 hours ago, El Hombre said:

I'm hoping they have it figured out and that the Toronto fiasco was because they increased capacity at the last minute.  Commonwealth hosted 24K people on the 15th and have games on the 29th and 5th so hopefully they have things figured out by the time it comes for WCQ. 

Still...get there early.

Was that also not because MLSE operates BMO and they preferred to divert more staff to their own event across town rather than properly staff the CSA's event?

8 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

Was that also not because MLSE operates BMO and they preferred to divert more staff to their own event across town rather than properly staff the CSA's event?

With the capacity increase only four days before , where the Leafs crowd doubled and about 7k more were allowed at BMO one of the biggest issues was simply getting staff recalled. They simply could not get enough staff as apparent by the fact no concessions were open on the second level of the east side.