Attending November Window in Edmonton

Club Linesman

4 minutes ago, trueviking said:

Booked my flight. Four of us. Are the V’s reserving a section?

Yes, there will be a section for members. Head over to their website if you have not before. Looks like quite a number will be making this game. 

So, for a location like Edmonton that isn’t the central hub of Voyageur activity, are we anticipating any additional gatherings of activities in between the two games? I would love to see/meet some of you fine folks in person.   If folks are planning to attend the FC Edmonton game, that might be an opportunity for a pre and/or post social.  

9 minutes ago, sstackho said:

FYI - COVID numbers on the right trajectory in Edmonton.  Still, be careful out there. 

https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/city.of.edmonton/viz/CityofEdmontonCOVID-19Dashboard/Summary

image.png.a4ad6a90cf2de24dd12b6bb2dc4132e7.png

It is important to be mindful of , pick and choose where you go and hang out at, smart choices are key. It not to say you can’t have a fun time out but just be aware of your surroundings, I certainly was in Nashville. 

I can only do the Mexico game, as I already had a trip to the New York City booked for the weekend to see the Bills at Jets, pulled the trigger today on a Swoop flight early on the morning of the 16th, landing in Edmonton at 9:30 local. Out the next day at 3 pm. It was not too bad at $162 return. This may be a little crazy having landed back in Toronto at 8:05 pm the night before , but after this past Wednesday wanted to hit one more of these games out west, having already booked a flight for Vancouver in January. Who doesn't like a whirl wind all in the name of the beautiful game. Can't wait. 

No description available.

Alright, fuck it, I'm going to Edmonton.  Both games.

Can anyone summarize the last ten pages?  I'm too lazy to go back and read them all. 

I'm particularly interested in the following topics:

1) How cold is it going to be?
2) No, seriously, how cold is it going to be?
3) What area is the best place to stay that balances proximity to the games and to bars?
4) Fuck off, it's not going to be that cold, is it?

And just in for all those all interested, a few weather facts for Edmonton. Now as we all know the weather can change in a minute but this should at least give you an idea of what we may all be facing. To honest I have never experienced anything colder than I did at the MLS Cup in 2016. I was frozen to the bone after that, the loss did not help either. Looking forward to this, bring it on.

Weather in November

The last month of the autumn, November, is another freezing cold month in EdmontonCanada, with average temperature varying between -1.1°C (30°F) and -7.1°C (19.2°F).

Temperature

In Edmonton, the average high-temperature plummets, from a frosty 8.5°C (47.3°F) in October, to a freezing cold -1.1°C (30°F). In November, the average low-temperature is -7.1°C (19.2°F).

Humidity

In Edmonton, the average relative humidity is 84%.

Rainfall

In Edmonton, during November, the rain falls for 3.5 days and regularly aggregates up to 14mm (0.55") of precipitation. Throughout the year, in Edmonton, there are 108 rainfall days, and 338mm (13.31") of precipitation is accumulated.

Snowfall

Months with snowfall in Edmonton are January through JuneSeptember through December. November is the month with the most snowfall in Edmonton. Snow falls for 10.5 days and accumulates 90mm (3.54") of snow.

Daylight

In November, the average length of the day is 8.6h.

Sunshine

The average sunshine in November is 4.8h.

UV index

In Edmonton, Canada, the average daily maximum UV index in November is 2. A UV Index value of 2, and less, symbolizes a low threat to health from unsafe exposure to the UV radiation for average individuals.

Note: In November, the average maximum UV index of 2 translate into the following recommendations:
Extended sun exposure is not an issue for the majority. Children, infants, and fair-skinned individuals always need to be protected. The solar radiation is most powerful near the mid-day, so the exposure to the direct Sun should be reduced accordingly. Sun-protective clothing, a long-sleeved shirt and pants, a wide-brimmed hat, and UVA and UVB-blocking sunglasses are particularly helpful in blocking UV radiation's harmful effects. Beware! The strength of the UV rays is increased nearly double-fold by the reflection of the snow.

1 hour ago, El Hombre said:

Alright, fuck it, I'm going to Edmonton.  Both games.

Can anyone summarize the last ten pages?  I'm too lazy to go back and read them all. 

I'm particularly interested in the following topics:

1) How cold is it going to be?
2) No, seriously, how cold is it going to be?
3) What area is the best place to stay that balances proximity to the games and to bars?
4) Fuck off, it's not going to be that cold, is it?

Stay downtown. Still plenty of availability and I found ‘reasonable’ hotels (mostly the usual chains in the 3-star range) for anywhere between $77-$150. 

Plenty of pubs etc downtown. You can catch the LRT to the stadium. 

There’s a good chance 1strnd downtown (pub) will be a meeting spot that will be used. 

17 minutes ago, Cblake said:

And just in for all those all interested, a few weather facts for Edmonton. Now as we all know the weather can change in a minute but this should at least give you an idea of what we may all be facing. To honest I have never experienced anything colder than I did at the MLS Cup in 2016. I was frozen to the bone after that, the loss did not help either. Looking forward to this, bring it on.

Weather in November

The last month of the autumn, November, is another freezing cold month in EdmontonCanada, with average temperature varying between -1.1°C (30°F) and -7.1°C (19.2°F).

Temperature

In Edmonton, the average high-temperature plummets, from a frosty 8.5°C (47.3°F) in October, to a freezing cold -1.1°C (30°F). In November, the average low-temperature is -7.1°C (19.2°F).

Humidity

In Edmonton, the average relative humidity is 84%.

Rainfall

In Edmonton, during November, the rain falls for 3.5 days and regularly aggregates up to 14mm (0.55") of precipitation. Throughout the year, in Edmonton, there are 108 rainfall days, and 338mm (13.31") of precipitation is accumulated.

Snowfall

Months with snowfall in Edmonton are January through JuneSeptember through December. November is the month with the most snowfall in Edmonton. Snow falls for 10.5 days and accumulates 90mm (3.54") of snow.

Daylight

In November, the average length of the day is 8.6h.

Sunshine

The average sunshine in November is 4.8h.

UV index

In Edmonton, Canada, the average daily maximum UV index in November is 2. A UV Index value of 2, and less, symbolizes a low threat to health from unsafe exposure to the UV radiation for average individuals.

Note: In November, the average maximum UV index of 2 translate into the following recommendations:
Extended sun exposure is not an issue for the majority. Children, infants, and fair-skinned individuals always need to be protected. The solar radiation is most powerful near the mid-day, so the exposure to the direct Sun should be reduced accordingly. Sun-protective clothing, a long-sleeved shirt and pants, a wide-brimmed hat, and UVA and UVB-blocking sunglasses are particularly helpful in blocking UV radiation's harmful effects. Beware! The strength of the UV rays is increased nearly double-fold by the reflection of the snow.

WHAT ABOUT THE BAROMETRIC PRESSURE? C'MON MAN, I NEED TO BE PREPARED!

36 minutes ago, rob.notenboom said:

Stay downtown. Still plenty of availability and I found ‘reasonable’ hotels (mostly the usual chains in the 3-star range) for anywhere between $77-$150. 

Plenty of pubs etc downtown. You can catch the LRT to the stadium. 

There’s a good chance 1strnd downtown (pub) will be a meeting spot that will be used. 

When is last call in Alberta, is it still early? I am landing from Toronto on the Tuesday for the Mexico at 9:30 am, guess straight to the bar , when is first call?