Attending November Window in Edmonton

Club Linesman

29 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

Just wondering how many V’s are planning to travel to Edmonton and what the general experience will be like in Edmonton for the games. Seriously thinking about attending an out of GTA game for the first time.  Fairly reasonable for hotel and flight $630.  

I’ve seen other Vs booking through Flair. 

There are already plenty of prairie-based Vs making the trip. It’ll be quite a mixed bag in the supporters section which could be a lot of fun. 

I'm considering this although some people have said accomodations in Edmonton are expensive and would cancel out what is pretty cheap airfare.

I think Rollins pointed out it was cheaper for him to take two trips to Edmonton for each match than to take one trip and stay in Edmonton for the week.

36 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I'm considering this although some people have said accomodations in Edmonton are expensive and would cancel out what is pretty cheap airfare.

I think Rollins pointed out it was cheaper for him to take two trips to Edmonton for each match than to take one trip and stay in Edmonton for the week.

Accommodations are no more expensive in Edmonton than they are anywhere else in Canada from what I’ve experienced, and I travel there for work regularly. Plenty of VRBO and hotels for under $150/night and there are even some for less than $100/night. 

3 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

From TO I found that the 6 days was $630 and 2 days for just the Mexico game was $300.  I assume there will be V’s socials during the week and in between games?

Events are in the planning stages, yes. As with the Toronto games though, it’s tough to know the best way to proceed. 

Make sure you have your proof of vaccination docs of course. 

19 minutes ago, rob.notenboom said:

Accommodations are no more expensive in Edmonton than they are anywhere else in Canada from what I’ve experienced, and I travel there for work regularly. Plenty of VRBO and hotels for under $150/night and there are even some for less than $100/night. 

That's true. I think I would probably go just for the CR match as I my work obligations mean that the Mexico game I wouldn't be able to attend. I'd probably keep my trip short (I've never been to Edmonton before also) and do the game plus one day for all the tourist stuff. I will look into this more.

6 minutes ago, gator said:

I am trying to figure out the logistics of this @Club Linesman has piqued my interest, there are real cheap flights out of Hamilton ($120 return) but none on the Monday! Does anyone know the situation with covid in Edmonton, I wouldn't want to be locked in my room for 2 days?

Talking to family, you can do most things but with a mask and proof of vaccination. 

They aren't big nightclub/party people to be fair though.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

57 minutes ago, Tyson M said:

oops my bad... $117 is roundtrip. Leaves Thursday 11pm, returns 7am Saturday. Only 1 hotel night required for the financially unsure.

I am leaving out of The Hammer Thursday night then returning Saturday afternoon to Toronto, there was no way I would make a 7am flight which would mean getting up at 4am! I'm looking forward to this and a big thanks to @Club Linesman for initiating things! Can't wait to get together with Western V's closer to their house!👍

27 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

Any Edmonton V’s have recommendations about how to get from the airport to the downtown hotel?!  The info I found on a taxi indicates it’s about $100 - is that the actual cost? Any info greatly appreciated.

Theres a bus operated by edomton transit that runs 20 hours a day. Think its 5 bucks flat from airport to downtown. 

https://www.edmonton.ca/ets/edmonton-international-airport

EDIT: Century park is south of downtown but a major transit hub where u can take another bus downtown for a few bucks. 

Edited by king1010