Attending November Window in Edmonton

Club Linesman

Just now, Cheeta said:

Wool socks for sure and a hoodie under the leather.  Angry Beaver cap, or maybe the McGill, don't know yet.  Might bring some gloves.  Definately should but we'll see. Absolutely the Vs scarf.  

Wee Elf will be kitted for a polar expedition.  That woman... 

Yeah, I thought I had a V scarf but I haven’t been able to find it so I will need to buy one on site.   Hopefully they don’t sell out.  I am bringing thin gloves and wool mittens - game day decision.  Other than that it will be many layers.  And anti-freeze.  

57 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Yeah, I thought I had a V scarf but I haven’t been able to find it so I will need to buy one on site.   Hopefully they don’t sell out.  I am bringing thin gloves and wool mittens - game day decision.  Other than that it will be many layers.  And anti-freeze.  

True story: I lost my long-serving original Vs scarf in the craziness after Larin's goal in the Vancouver WCQ vs Honduras. Only to have Milan Borjan throw one straight to me at the end of the same match, one I take much better care of.

6 hours ago, nolando said:

True story: I lost my long-serving original Vs scarf in the craziness after Larin's goal in the Vancouver WCQ vs Honduras. Only to have Milan Borjan throw one straight to me at the end of the same match, one I take much better care of.

LOL this is at least a happy ending to my story of giving Borjan my scarf only for him to immediately throw it back into the crowd...

7 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

My Captain Obvious advice is to also wear winter boots (like Sorels) instead of running shoes.

32 minutes ago, Shway said:

Outside of the game, whats the nightlife/part life in Edmonton. 

Any suggestions?

The Pint and Greta get pretty full on weekends and have more of a party vibe if you're staying downtown. A $10 cab will get you to Whyte ave where there are way more clubs to check out (Cook County Country Bar, Beercade). Plenty of places downtown to kick back and have a beer if that's more your style too. Generally, downtown is more relaxed, and Whyte ave is where the party is.

1 hour ago, Posttopost15 said:

The Pint and Greta get pretty full on weekends and have more of a party vibe if you're staying downtown. A $10 cab will get you to Whyte ave where there are way more clubs to check out (Cook County Country Bar, Beercade). Plenty of places downtown to kick back and have a beer if that's more your style too. Generally, downtown is more relaxed, and Whyte ave is where the party is.

I am going to proactively suggest we avoid anything with “country bar” in the name.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

2 hours ago, Shway said:

Outside of the game, whats the nightlife/part life in Edmonton. 

Any suggestions?

We are working on a few things. Details not available yet though. 

However Whyte Ave has lots to see and do, there are plenty of pubs etc downtown … I’m not as familiar with the brewery district but it’s likely worth a look. 

Have to say though … for a guy with kids, a week away in Edmonton, reprieve from family duties, coming out of shells post Covid (somewhat) this could be … dangerous. 🤣

1 hour ago, SthMelbRed said:

If we don't have a player-specific chant to the tune of Cotton Eye Joe at the ready by the 12th, we don't deserve nice things! 😄 

I think Cot-ton Eye Joe could be swapped out for Eu-staq-ui-o quite easily, not sure if anyone elses names can (edit: maybe Osorio?):

If it hadn't been for Eustaquio
I'd been married long time ago
Where did you come from, where did you go?
Where did you come from, Eustaquio?

Edited by Approve My Account Pls