2023 U20 CONCACAF Championship and U23 Olympic Qualification to be merged in a tournament in Summer 2022

VinceA

4 hours ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Franz Mella, one of the three Canadians in Portugal rumoured to be part of the U20 camp, is now listed as an MLS Next Pro player for TFC II

image.png.5ed8102f6c11f0298c49019e4f50ce44.png

And just like that his European clout drops.

Just now, dyslexic nam said:

Bringing Alex back in to help manage the U20s?  Or is there a young player I am completely missing?

My guess is this is about the youngest son Mataeo who plays for Sporting KC 2. I know before there was discussion suggesting he wasn't eligible because he was born in the States... definitely not Teal tho that much I can tell you 😂

1 hour ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

My guess is this is about the youngest son Mataeo who plays for Sporting KC 2. I know before there was discussion suggesting he wasn't eligible because he was born in the States... definitely not Teal tho that much I can tell you 😂

I never go that, he would be eligible through his dad Alex, Canadian citizen, played for Canada.

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM

Don't really get how he can rep Canada. Wasn't born here, neither parents were either, although both have citizenship. I assume the CSA know a fuck ton more than I do though so welcome home!

Getting starts at the age of 16 is pretty neat. Made 7 appearances  after signing last fall and played a half last week. 

13 hours ago, toontownman said:

Don't really get how he can rep Canada. Wasn't born here, neither parents were either, although both have citizenship. I assume the CSA know a fuck ton more than I do though so welcome home!

Getting starts at the age of 16 is pretty neat. Made 7 appearances  after signing last fall and played a half last week. 

He may not be born here but he could have Canadian nationality. His parents are Canucks.

Edited by Sal333

18 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

That is not a FIFA eligibility criteria. Alex was not born in Canada.

16 hours ago, Footyeh said:

Can confirm that it is Mateo Bunbury (2005) that has been called in.  

Once again, it was likely no problem for young Bunbury to get citizenship since he was born before April 2009

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/acquisition-loss/acquisition.html

----

As for FIFA eligibility, I'm not sure.

Where was his mother born?

Where were his 4 grandparents born?

Did he ever live in Canada for long enough?

3 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Once again, it was likely no problem for young Bunbury to get citizenship since he was born before April 2009

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/acquisition-loss/acquisition.html

----

As for FIFA eligibility, I'm not sure.

Where was his mother born?

Where were his 4 grandparents born?

Did he ever live in Canada for long enough?

There's a good chance that Krysti Novak, the mom, was born in Canada as they've been together since the 80s it looks like when Alex was with the Hamilton Steelers.