2023 U20 CONCACAF Championship and U23 Olympic Qualification to be merged in a tournament in Summer 2022

VinceA

3 hours ago, Bison44 said:

We'll its up to them, they got fucked over with few camps and no money when they were youth players.  Say 5mil spit 26 ways..maybe 150k that they'll have to pay taxes on....plenty of pros put money back into the system when they start making good coin.  God knows the alumni association hounds me for money. Davies already said he would donate his money, so its not like they arent thinking of this stuff themselves.  

And as far as I know, none of the conspiracy guys have gotten proof that CSB gets a chunk of the Qatar bonus, or the bonuses the boys would have got already from the qualifying games. So those are 2 seperate things. If your talking about TV rights and sponsorship, the CSB paid 3mil for the rights they got (when no one else wanted them) and no one held a gun to CSA head.  No one complained until years later when the program hit the jackpot and there were RUMORS...RUMORS of big sponsorship deals.  Which I am still waiting on hearing these juicy details of the millions in profit CSB is making of these deals.

No my point was why are you claiming the Qatar boys should think about putting the bonus money back in the system yet you make no mention of the CSB thinking about putting the sponsorship and TV money into the system. And please don't tell me they're are putting it into the system by growing the CPL. They're only doing it because they own the freaking teams and it's to their financial benefit to do so.

I don't begrudge a penny of the money the Qatar Boys will get and it's up to them to do as they see fit.

I agree with you, however, the doofuses at the CSA should be held accountable for their mismanagement.

Just now, Sal333 said:

No my point was why are you claiming the Qatar boys should think about putting the bonus money back in the system yet you make no mention of the CSB thinking about putting the sponsorship and TV money into the system. And please don't tell me they're are putting it into the system by growing the CPL. They're only doing it because they own the freaking teams and it's to their financial benefit to do so.

I don't begrudge a penny of the money the Qatar Boys will get and it's up to them to do as they see fit.

I agree with you, however, the doofuses at the CSA should be held accountable for their mismanagement.

You are assuming there is a windfall.  I have yet to see anything like a 10mil bonus like what dropped into CSA lap with the Qatar qualifying.  Some countries only give a small % to the player, some more, but this is 10mil that CSA definately didnt think they were getting a year or two ago.  

CSB might make more than the 3 mil they are paying, but they are also working for it...they are out there trying to sell Canada/Soccer in general.  That is something that CSA was incapable of doing....they were not going to snag any big money sponsors.  So even if they do raise millions of dollars of profit from sponsors...they invested into the CSA to get the chance to make that money and they had to put in the work.  AND.....I still havnt seen any of these RUMORED big sponsorship deals for the CMNT. 

You are upset that they arent reinvesting money they might not have even made yet, and might never.  I dont know if you listen to the footy prime podcast, but a month or so ago it got very heated between Forrest and brennan.   Forrest was saying that there was nothing to sell, there were no big sponsorship deals coming and it was all pie in the sky baloney after the CSB/CSA mismangement Westhead (TSN) story came out.  I wish there was special CMNT promos at Timmies, or pics of Oso and Lareaya on Squirrel peanut butter or Vitoria doing home reno parody commercials for Home depot.  But I doubt we'll see it.....

5 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

@Footyehis Herdman anything good ?

I'd say he's good but not anything better than what we already had in that squad.  That's not saying much as the players severely underperformed (+ unbelievably poor coaching).  

I've been told by people in Whitecaps that Herdman doesn't have full Canadian citizenship yet to represent Canada anyways which is why he wasn't in the final roster.

9 hours ago, Bison44 said:

You are assuming there is a windfall.  I have yet to see anything like a 10mil bonus like what dropped into CSA lap with the Qatar qualifying.  Some countries only give a small % to the player, some more, but this is 10mil that CSA definately didnt think they were getting a year or two ago.  

CSB might make more than the 3 mil they are paying, but they are also working for it...they are out there trying to sell Canada/Soccer in general.  That is something that CSA was incapable of doing....they were not going to snag any big money sponsors.  So even if they do raise millions of dollars of profit from sponsors...they invested into the CSA to get the chance to make that money and they had to put in the work.  AND.....I still havnt seen any of these RUMORED big sponsorship deals for the CMNT. 

You are upset that they arent reinvesting money they might not have even made yet, and might never.  I dont know if you listen to the footy prime podcast, but a month or so ago it got very heated between Forrest and brennan.   Forrest was saying that there was nothing to sell, there were no big sponsorship deals coming and it was all pie in the sky baloney after the CSB/CSA mismangement Westhead (TSN) story came out.  I wish there was special CMNT promos at Timmies, or pics of Oso and Lareaya on Squirrel peanut butter or Vitoria doing home reno parody commercials for Home depot.  But I doubt we'll see it.....

Did the $5M/yr CIBC  sponsorship deal not go through?

It feels a bit shortsighted to cry out for money being invested into youth development while bashing money being invested into the CPL. 

A professional league developing young Canadians is going to do a hell of a lot more than a few extra youth camps here and there. That's not to say that it wouldn't be nice to have youth camps, but not at the expense of the CPL. 

8 hours ago, Footyeh said:

I'd say he's good but not anything better than what we already had in that squad.  That's not saying much as the players severely underperformed (+ unbelievably poor coaching).  

I've been told by people in Whitecaps that Herdman doesn't have full Canadian citizenship yet to represent Canada anyways which is why he wasn't in the final roster.

Makes sense, I’d hope longterm when he has his citizenship that he plays for us.

2 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

It feels a bit shortsighted to cry out for money being invested into youth development while bashing money being invested into the CPL. 

A professional league developing young Canadians is going to do a hell of a lot more than a few extra youth camps here and there. That's not to say that it wouldn't be nice to have youth camps, but not at the expense of the CPL. 

As well as the lower tier leagues and tournaments that CSB supports. 

18 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Y

You are upset that they arent reinvesting money

Actually, no I'm not. The way I feel the Qatar boys should do what they want with the bonus money is the same way I feel about CSB and whatever "pennies" they're making.

But if you want the Qatar boys to donate their bonus to reinvest in the system then it's only fair we ask the CSB to do the same.

But you and I  know if both the players and the CSB donate some of their money, Bontis and his marauding buffoons will put it to no good.